Seadoo 2004 GTX SC Performance Problems

This weekend I was running my jet ski. 4hrs on Saturday and 4hrs on Sunday. However at the end of the day on Sunday i started showing signs of problems.

First I hit a high engine temp alarm(this would not allow my ski to go over 30mph). Also started to take on water. It seems like the auto bailers were not working properly. At one point the ski would not accelerate past 10mph. Even though RPMS would reach 7600+. Eventually I was towed in at slow speeds letting the engine idle. The following day I took it for a test ride once more and i was able to hit 30mph again but nothing more.

I believe I might have an answer but it might be a long shot. I would like to hear feedback. Upon inspection of the ski I found a cracked venturi and a wear ring in rough shape. Can this cause enough cavitation to severely limit the speed of the craft? Also can this cause the auto balers to loose suction and not pump out due to cavitation in the pump assembly? Will this in any way effect the open and closed loop cooling systems?

I apologize for the long read and all of the questions. Thank you for any responses.
    Last edited by Biasedyeti; 05-19-2015 at 10:21 AM.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Biasedyeti View Post
    Upon inspection of the ski I found a cracked venturi and a wear ring in rough shape. Can this cause enough cavitation to severely limit the speed of the craft? Also can this cause the auto balers to loose suction and not pump out due to cavitation in the pump assembly? Will this in any way effect the open and closed loop cooling systems?
    This will absolutely affect performance and can also cause your ski to fill with water if the siphons are cracked and not functioning properly.

Thank you for the quick response Green Hulk. So from my description of the issues, If i rebuild the pump assembly this will hopefully alleviate all of the issues? Is there anything else that can cause all of those symptoms? I'm going to try to check every option before I put the ski back on the water. Thanks

Thread Information