+1

2009 YAM FX Cruiser SHO Code 126 Throttle Position Sensor

Hey Guys,

I have a 2009 Yam FX Cruiser SHO, been the best ski, not a lick of trouble until this past weekend. Was cruising along nicely...then out of the blue, the ski slows, check engine comes on, the beeps begin and there I go, limping back to the ramp. Was able to pull the code 126 and it looks to be the TPS - Throttle Position Sensor. My questions are...has anyone else had this happen to them and how much and how difficult is the repair. Can't seem to find much on the web regarding this issue or part numbers. Hoping someone can shed some light on this one for me and others that might find themselves in similar situation.

Thanks in advance for any help!!

Quote Originally Posted by ShawnInFL View Post
    Hey Guys,

I have a 2009 Yam FX Cruiser SHO, been the best ski, not a lick of trouble until this past weekend. Was cruising along nicely...then out of the blue, the ski slows, check engine comes on, the beeps begin and there I go, limping back to the ramp. Was able to pull the code 126 and it looks to be the TPS - Throttle Position Sensor. My questions are...has anyone else had this happen to them and how much and how difficult is the repair. Can't seem to find much on the web regarding this issue or part numbers. Hoping someone can shed some light on this one for me and others that might find themselves in similar situation.

Thanks in advance for any help!!
    Hoping you have this fixed . have same issue with a 2018 1.0 - codes 124 and 126. Let me know if it was tps? throttle body? voltage?
    thanks

+1
    Dang, I do remember I fixed it myself, the dealer was slammed and it was too expensive by 2015 $'s lol

Recall the dealer kindly providing the part number and I also did the ribbon delete at the same time. Just can't remember if it was throttle body or sensor. I'm thinking throttle body but let me search my email. Think that file went with the ski.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ShawnInFL View Post
    Dang, I do remember I fixed it myself, the dealer was slammed and it was too expensive by 2015 $'s lol

Recall the dealer kindly providing the part number and I also did the ribbon delete at the same time. Just can't remember if it was throttle body or sensor. I'm thinking throttle body but let me search my email. Think that file went with the ski.
    Well, that was easy lol Should have checked first I guess. Looks like I picked up the following back in 2015. (May the force be with you on today's prices)

Throttle Body Assy
    Item #6S5-13750-00-00
    Paid $778.90

+1
    12v I have a complete thottle mechanism for my 11 fx sho if you are interested. I though i had an issue with mine but it was the throttle body gasket blew out and had a massave air leak. If interested i can get a photo for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by 12voltlife View Post
    Hoping you have this fixed . have same issue with a 2018 1.0 - codes 124 and 126. Let me know if it was tps? throttle body? voltage?
    thanks

Thread Information