Looking At A Ski For A Friend

I currently own a Polaris 96 SLX 780. My good friend is looking for a ski and it just so happens a guy I workout with is selling his.

The ski is a 1997 Yamaha with brand new shoreLand'r trailer bought in 2013. The ski is a GP 1200 with 40 total hours or so on the ski, hasn't been on the water in 3 years. This guy is in the Army and just doesn't have enough time for it; comes with 2 jackets, anchor, cover. This guy is asking $2500 for the ski with all the accessories plus the trailer. I've heard these are great ski's just need to watch closely for a clogged carb as that can kill these motors quick.

Thoughts, I'm just trying to gauge if the price is good and see what you guys think. The KBB without trailer is like $1800 almost $1900.

+1
    Well that's a first, never seen a ski on a trailer backwards before. It also looks like the pump is resting in the trailer which can't be very good for it when hitting bumps. That said, it looks clean so if everything checks out compression wise I would consider it.

Quote Originally Posted by Almost View Post
    Well that's a first, never seen a ski on a trailer backwards before. It also looks like the pump is resting in the trailer which can't be very good for it when hitting bumps. That said, it looks clean so if everything checks out compression wise I would consider it.
    I believe the guy stored it that way to keep the nose up during storage since the front of the ski doesn't have a stand like most trailers. Literally been sitting there for like 3 years. I thought the same one.

+1
    Those skis are a lot of fun! They have tremendous holeshot from a stop. Not very good for rough water or big lakes, but very fun otherwise. I had a 99 GP1200 that would literally leap out of the water when punched from a stop. That ski looks to be very clean as well. I say go for it if the compression is good. Plan on likely doing the carbs from sitting though...unless he really took care before storing it.

Thread Information