+1

Help with check engine light and IBR light

My ski a 2013 155. threw to codes and went into limp mode yesterday P1106, C2111. shut it down and waited five mintues and the codes were cleared and I thought it was good to go. Then I wasn't going to fast maybe 40, let off the throttle and I heard and felt a clunk in the pump area and same codes can on again. I was making a clunk/vibrating Nosie every few seconds of me going slow to shore. shut it down reset it and ski preformed perfectly again for the rest of the day.

So the first summer I had it threw these to codes once and I got bummed cause the ski only had 18 hours on it but it rest itself and its been fine since.

ski now has 221 hours on it. any thoughts or should I just take it to the dealer? the ski is working like new now though again

+1
    Sometimes small sticks or trash can float into the pump tunnel sitting still and get wedged in the IBr brackets.

3. +1 by:

+1
    took it out yesterday and put another 2 hours on it, preformed perfectly . must have been something in there like you said.

5. +1 by:

+1
    I had a simular problem on my xt, while on the lake cruising the ibr light came on and reduced power, I shut off the ski and restarted it and everything was fine, the next day at home in the garage I hit the override button and lifted the bucket and thats all she wrote, it would not move again and I had ibr light on and a fault code of c2115, I hope yours keeps working for you, I just ordered a new ibr at the cost of 1,000 dollar's, I hear their is also a software update for them as well to fix some issues,

This is how I run a jetski shop in the desert nmpeter's Avatar
    +1
    get a good light in there and look for a control arm broken and wedged in there.( could be the port side one)

be warned it's a huge pain to get one of these apart when the bucket is wedged. huge

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by formula29 View Post
    I had a simular problem on my xt, while on the lake cruising the ibr light came on and reduced power, I shut off the ski and restarted it and everything was fine, the next day at home in the garage I hit the override button and lifted the bucket and thats all she wrote, it would not move again and I had ibr light on and a fault code of c2115, I hope yours keeps working for you, I just ordered a new ibr at the cost of 1,000 dollar's, I hear their is also a software update for them as well to fix some issues,
    I have the capability to perform the software updates to the ibr, would you mind sending me the broken unit so I can see if the update fixes it?

I was experiencing IBR issues and the gate wouldn't move, left me stranded in N, ended up being a faulty stater solenoid not fully engaging and screwing with the electrical. who knew

Full Throttle or Broke!!! UNSANE's Avatar
    +1
    They are very touchy systems. I had constant IBR problems, even after the system was replaced 3 times. It was constantly throwing IBR sensor codes and would act up after hitting any small/medium wake. Turned out I had a bad harness. New harness and all is well now.

+1
    Just an update I case somebody later on is reading this. Got a good light I checked everything out nothing is snapped or anything. Put another 4 hours on it yesterday preformed fine. thanks for the help everyone

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by seawave View Post
    Just an update I case somebody later on is reading this. Got a good light I checked everything out nothing is snapped or anything. Put another 4 hours on it yesterday preformed fine. thanks for the help everyone
    Good stuff

Thread Information