Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    +1

T3 hull stuffing

Hey guys. Just wanted to post this to hopefully keep anyone from getting hurt. This is no ones fault but my own but I stuck a 15/20 in a riva pump and nozzle with the full stack of lucky shims on my turbo Rxpx and it stuffed hard at 85 mph.
    Forum member Brandon also had some stuffing this weekend with a small pitched prop and high rpm . Just be careful if anyone is testing with some of these new parts like this . That's all I got!
    Quote Originally Posted by seadoo02xp View Post
    The stuff occurred at 9150 rpm 85.2 mph tunnel pressure was 49.7psi .

A previous run with no shims in the cone and the same setup showed tunnel pressure at 46psi at 87.1 mph and on that run the ski did not stuff. I would say pressure over 45 is the danger zone.

You guys are gonna love it! I'm a gopro moron and when I thought I was hitting record I had the gopro set to take still pictures . So instead of video I have a few nice random still shots that mean nothing !! Yay!

I can post logs for anyone to look at but they are over 120megs so if anyone is interested just pm me and I can send it over

That's all I got sorry no video. Giant let down I know!!
    Last edited by seadoo02xp; 05-18-2015 at 10:23 AM.

+1
    What was your pump tunnel pressure when it stuffed Evan.

+1

T3 hull stuffing

I will post the log and video of it later on. I'm headed home with the family here shortly and I'll pull all the info out .

Part of the issue with my alarm is that it didn't come in early enough. It was set to 40 psi but by the time I saw it I was eating handle bars.

+1
    This is no ones fault but my own but I stuck a 15/20 in a riva pump and nozzle with the full stack of lucky shims on my turbo Rxpx and it stuffed hard at 85 mph
    All L13 shims on a 15/20 seems like a lot.

What RPM was that?
    83mm?

+1
    Fortunately evan has not come off his ski, I have been thrown off mine twice now, so yes please be careful.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanfish View Post
    This is no ones fault but my own but I stuck a 15/20 in a riva pump and nozzle with the full stack of lucky shims on my turbo Rxpx and it stuffed hard at 85 mph
    All L13 shims on a 15/20 seems like a lot.

What RPM was that?
    83mm?
    Around 9000-9100. Yes it's a lot of shims . I was testing different combinations . I was trying for a small prop with higher nozzle pressure. At any given rpm it was faster but the stuff was a nice surprise

Like I said it was my fault or testing it this way.
    Just wanted to give everyone a heads up that these hulls can stuff

Like my speeds being low the other day that you mentioned ... Mostly this is due to the different prop nozzle combinations I have been messing with.

You don't know until you try it!!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Branden View Post
    Fortunately evan has not come off his ski, I have been thrown off mine twice now, so yes please be careful.
    what was the speed and pump setup when you got bucked
    thanks

+1
    I run the same setup as evan except I run a 14 18 with no spacers in the cone. The first time I flew off was last weekend and it threw me clean off out of nowhere at 86.0 yesterday I had a full tank of fuel and made 15+passes all over 85.5 with a best of 86.4 and as my fuel level got under half a tank it threw me off as I was letting off the gas at probably 80ish, interesting that I had no issues until I started burning through some fuel. Last weekend when I went off I had only 3 bars of fuel as well

+1
    Like I said it was my fault or testing it this way.
    There are NO "faults" when testing AND you learn from it. It's also a plus when sharing results...good or bad!

There were plenty of times I came back from a test session with negative results. But had a smile because of the education that I got. Some shit you can't read in books.

MSX 150 guy lives on Mr. GP1800's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Branden View Post
    I run the same setup as evan except I run a 14 18 with no spacers in the cone. The first time I flew off was last weekend and it threw me clean off out of nowhere at 86.0 yesterday I had a full tank of fuel and made 15+passes all over 85.5 with a best of 86.4 and as my fuel level got under half a tank it threw me off as I was letting off the gas at probably 80ish, interesting that I had no issues until I started burning through some fuel. Last weekend when I went off I had only 3 bars of fuel as well
    I take it you weren't hurt?

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information