Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    +1
    Sorry if I upset anyone, I am poor on the keyboard at not sounding like an arrogant ass when trying to be ironic or funny or serious. Lol I just got one of those young guys with a ski he just got, spent 3+ grand to modify and knew nothing about it but nevertheless wanted to talk it up like it was a Ferrari. Then got smoked by the ski he just insulted as old, heavy, clumsy, slow, ugly. Then made excuses that the tune was acting up .... I told him 54was fast on a spark but no he insisted it would do 60+

again for the record I like the spark just not the "I got a race ski" attitude that I have seen associated with the younger owners of it. Like that stock Honda with a fart can that tries to race evrone at the light, then does an epic fly by after getting beat.

2. +1 by:

I've had the bigger high HP skis, I've had the smaller more "nimble" skis such as the older xp's. To me it comes down to the spark offers what no one else does currently. A smaller nimble ski that's actually super reliable with minimal maintenance.

Me only riding lakes, sizes range from 5 miles long to 35 miles long I don't need a huge ski to plow through the waves. The most fun to be had by me has always been any gp1200r. Not the fastest top end or the fastest hole shot but nothing beats that feeling that era yami hull feeling to me. Its got plenty of power, and the feel of the power valve engine makes it feel like more than it actually has. And honestly its one of the cheaper skis to buy now. I've had a rxp swapped gpr hull as well(actually beerdarts old ski) and it was reliable, made tons of power(gps's around 93mph lately iirc) but even that ski didn't put a smile on my face like a near stock gp1200r did and does. Hell my current stable is, gasp, a near stock 01 xxl 1200, same engine as the gpr(with minor mods I'm around 170hp I'd guess) and the ride and feel is almost the same as a gpr. Little harder to throw around but still has that feeling of "I gotta ride this bitch, not respect it for one second and it will throw you" feeling. Hell it threw me and a girl last night at about 50. She is a "seasoned" rider as well, there aren't many of the larger, newer skis she hasn't rode.
    My point is the sparks have there place just as the larger couches have there's. If I had to buy a new ski it would be a spark. Of course I'd have to add the power to make it "fun" but for me, and hopefully several others, who happen to ride in the same types of water I do we will always own a 99-08 yami 2 stroke. My goal this year is to finally find the 1300r I want and buy it. Yes, I could easily afford a newer ski, but like the spark owners that are sometimes downed for buying a "cheap" ski, its what I have the most fun with. Or the guys whos only goal is to be able to pull away from other skis and boats on the water on top end. Thank goodness we all find joy in different things about PWC, or else we would all be riding the same things. How boring would that be??

The most interesting man in the world. Nils888's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by hill160881 View Post
    Sorry if I upset anyone, I am poor on the keyboard at not sounding like an arrogant ass when trying to be ironic or funny or serious. Lol I just got one of those young guys with a ski he just got, spent 3+ grand to modify and knew nothing about it but nevertheless wanted to talk it up like it was a Ferrari. Then got smoked by the ski he just insulted as old, heavy, clumsy, slow, ugly. Then made excuses that the tune was acting up .... I told him 54was fast on a spark but no he insisted it would do 60+

again for the record I like the spark just not the "I got a race ski" attitude that I have seen associated with the younger owners of it. Like that stock Honda with a fart can that tries to race evrone at the light, then does an epic fly by after getting beat.
    I would not worry about what you are posting. The moderators are after Jammer and Myself.
    This thread should be moved to the Seadoo general discussion area. But I they to busy stocking me to be bothered with that.

+1
    i had one of these threads over on the spark thread and let it go, only to find all my concerns about the spark were justified. If you don't entend to have a speed ski it's perfect reliable and afordable-ish, but it's best quality is its economy to use and maintain.

Its pors.
    great for kids and training new riders
    great base price
    economical to run and maintain/easy to work on
    light weight
    handles really well at all speeds
    great for jumping and closed corse.
    lots of aftermarket
    reliable

Cons.
    no storage
    lack of power in stock format/it's slow
    lots of aftermarket
    It's got short range/small fuel capacity.
    rides ruff, bad for trips
    cost as much as a larger ski to fully upgrade, everything is an option
    feels cheap
    long term reparability/reliability of the hull is an unknown, no authorized permanent hull repairs I have seen??

so like with all skis they have good and bad. It's the person that makes it rice or not I guess.

6. +1 by:

+1
    The spark is todays version of the X-4,Every ski has its place and use,I have a ski for most situations.Why?Because i ride offshore,inland lakes and rivers.I would no sooner take my TS R offshore as i would my ultra in a river.My STX R is fun in both areas so is bettween the other 2 in styles.

Anyone who thinks the spark has no place in the sport should take a quick look at the sales numbers.Modding any ski to make it "Yours" is something i do on all my skis,even if its just matts or a seat cover,Nothing wrong with it imo.And also imo any real pwc enthusiast will talk with another about making a ski their own,yes even if its a spark with 3k in mods to get 55mph........Its about the sport,having fun,brotherhood or sisterhood depending on who you are.

The brand bashing is fine for ribbing each other,but push comes to shove i would hope we all would tow the other in should it be needed.

Quote Originally Posted by gary View Post
    The spark is todays version of the X-4,Every ski has its place and use,I have a ski for most situations.Why?Because i ride offshore,inland lakes and rivers.I would no sooner take my TS R offshore as i would my ultra in a river.My STX R is fun in both areas so is bettween the other 2 in styles.

Anyone who thinks the spark has no place in the sport should take a quick look at the sales numbers.Modding any ski to make it "Yours" is something i do on all my skis,even if its just matts or a seat cover,Nothing wrong with it imo.And also imo any real pwc enthusiast will talk with another about making a ski their own,yes even if its a spark with 3k in mods to get 55mph........Its about the sport,having fun,brotherhood or sisterhood depending on who you are.

The brand bashing is fine for ribbing each other,but push comes to shove i would hope we all would tow the other in should it be needed.
    Couldn't have said it better! +1

I'm also thinking about buying a spark. I have an hx that I would love, if it were more stable at slow speeds. My couch is a 2012 RXP-X 260 so I want something that is smaller and can jump little lake wake behind boats...

ride it like you stole it!!! raceneked's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by c.coulby View Post
    I'm also thinking about buying a spark. I have an hx that I would love, if it were more stable at slow speeds. My couch is a 2012 RXP-X 260 so I want something that is smaller and can jump little lake wake behind boats...
    get it.

I have one now, and am going to go break it in today...

Giving the GTR a much needed rest...

..excited about a 4-stoke SP style ski!

11. +1 by:

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by hill160881 View Post
    ...one of those young guys ... got smoked by the ski he just insulted as old, heavy, clumsy, slow, ugly.
    LOL, now you got me thinking: if they made a “Karate Kidversion movie for us, the pwc passionate, What Would the Title Be?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information