Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Seadoodoc View Post
    Nice work! Thats some tight working conditions. Your triple comes in around 125lbs, the 4stroke maybe pushing 250. I agree, smaller boats are funner than land yachts.
    Thanks. You will find this surprising but there is a lot more room in the ultra 150 then the stx especially on the sides of the engine. A lot of the added space has to do with how low the engine sits in the ultra 150. Are you sure about the 15f engine weight because I was able to lift the engine less the exhaust and intake by myself and I'm not that strong. I have tried looking the weight up and cant find the specs. Well if that is the weight the turbo setup I'm working on next for this ski will help with the additional weight.

Just guessing on weight. My triple 4tec comes in at 225lbs.

Have you seen the,4tec in the Waveblaster? Now thats a tight fit!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Seadoodoc View Post
    Have you seen the,4tec in the Waveblaster? Now thats a tight fit!
    No I haven't isn't a waveblaster half the length of the ultra 150? I bet it would be a challenging fit. I'm glad mine was an easy fit just had to modify one foam side

You the man installing that mtr through a man hole cover! Should be super fun to ride. We clicked off a 68mph in a stock class Ultra. Lets see how your bad boy handles at 80mph! (;

My name is Sean and I am addicted to STXs smokeysevin's Avatar
    +1
    Nice build, I had looked into the swap a few years ago but never found the right hull. What dod you have to do to the front motor mount? I know in the stxr it uses a single front mount. The depth of the hull from the motor mounts was okay or did you have to cut the bottom? I know on the early model stx hull the inner liner keeps the motor from sitting low enough to made with the driveshaft.

Sean

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by smokeysevin View Post
    Nice build, I had looked into the swap a few years ago but never found the right hull. What dod you have to do to the front motor mount? I know in the stxr it uses a single front mount. The depth of the hull from the motor mounts was okay or did you have to cut the bottom? I know on the early model stx hull the inner liner keeps the motor from sitting low enough to made with the driveshaft.

Sean
    Thanks, i got a few ideas for this ski from you nasty build. For the front motor mount we made a u shaped bracket out of aluminum the tied into the exist single mount and then glassed the sides into the bottom of the hull. The hull depth was the first obstacle i had to cross, i had to lower the bottom of the hull sightly to get the engine to fit low enough to match up with the ultra 150 drive shaft.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN3950.jpg 
Views:	297 
Size:	124.6 KB 
ID:	357358Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150228_170915495.jpg 
Views:	264 
Size:	59.0 KB 
ID:	357359

+1
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150222_151904702.jpg 
Views:	219 
Size:	65.9 KB 
ID:	357365

+1
    WOW!!! I will so drive out to KS and buy this when it goes up for sale! Killer build dude! Keep us posted on the speeds and handling with the new motor. Only thing I recommend to set it off is some custom seat work from Jettrim and some anodized blue throttle trigger and grips from Blowsion.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by wakejunkie View Post
    WOW!!! I will so drive out to KS and buy this when it goes up for sale! Killer build dude! Keep us posted on the speeds and handling with the new motor. Only thing I recommend to set it off is some custom seat work from Jettrim and some anodized blue throttle trigger and grips from Blowsion.
    Thanks not sure if I will ever sell this ski. There's another kawasaki conversion ski I hope to start soon. I have a custom seat I designed it should be done soon I will post pictures

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread Information