Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast
    +1
    Sorry, no that is not a stock map, that is actually a map i used with my 137+4 wheel at 15 psi. see all the pink cells and the cells that the black box is around? Lower that to anything under 33 and you will be fine, 31 is super safe and i think 30 is stock timing. I have run up to 33 degrees so far with a 137 wheel and i can tell you with good 93 pump gas it is a good tune and i run my a/f much leaner than most like at 12.5ish

But Just a note, i have been told "ignition advance 1" is eco mode ignition advance 2 is normal startup mode, and ignition advance 3 is sport mode, well i didnt really care what was what, so i copy and pasted the timing table i wanted in all 3 of the timing tables so there was no chance of a different table giving me a timing number i did not want.

2. +1 by:

+1
    Seriously guys there is alot of info and questions popping up about this..Im gonna clean up the BS post so nobody gets confiused or off track here..Thanks for understanding
    Sno.

+1
    This is the thread with the most important information that I stumble in...
    To rename it would be a option?

5. +1 by:

The most interesting man in the world. Nils888's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Snoman View Post
    Seriously guys there is alot of info and questions popping up about this..Im gonna clean up the BS post so nobody gets confiused or off track here..Thanks for understanding
    Sno.
    And I thought I was the thread killer!!!

7. +1 by:

Quote Originally Posted by VTECH.SE View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bamf View Post
    If your serious about performance, buy the right tools to do the job. I don't want to ruffle any feathers here...but got to say that reflashing is not "all that". There are ALOT of flaws with reflashing. Lots of band aids to make it "work". For some people, it might work. Good for them, I'm not knockin' ya. But if you want it done right, you need a Vipec or Motec. People who know ....know. (and here come the haters.....)
    What would vipec or motec be without logging?

We have an extreme good tool with our datalogger . If Gus would have got that sooner he would have seen the knock and could have adjusted the tune.

An ignition system that the user can make adjustments to their tune that are way more accurate & correct then any aftermarket reflash system can.

And when those adjustments are made, hopefully the torque managment on the Bosch ECU won't be fighting the user to get the desired results.

Look, I'm not bashing here. As I stated earlier, if you're serious about performance, get the right tools to do the job. Stand alone ignitions are not for everybody. Just as reflashes are not for everybody. I'll stop here......

9. +1 by:

+1
    Race tunes also have less compensation for temp and knock. Even have some limp modes removed but errors still active so to make sure RACERS can finish a race and win.

This is a thread that had to happen.

Just be glad that technology has got easier, but you have to check your work.

I had a Siemens based 2005 recently come in that needed between 10-33.% fuel adjustments through out the whole fuel maps and it was a stage 2 ski.

But owner had engine apart and was using a different year Ecu in it.

ok here is a log example of how stock Bosch ecu with an aggressive 38 tune acts.

You can see that once ecu detects knock it directly jumps from 38,25 to 36,75 ON the cylinder that have knock detected.
    (So they are controlled individually)
    Then after 1.5 sec it goes down to 35.25 degrees rpms are at 8700-8800

So its a very fast and good system to control knock.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	knock-controll-bosch-sea-doo-ecu.jpg 
Views:	202 
Size:	102.0 KB 
ID:	356260

+1
    Good thing is, you can edit these easily and adjust your maps without added cost other than initial license costs and you should be able to adjust maps within 45 mins, more like 20 mins, without sending the ecu anywhere...

13. +1 by:

+1
    Very interesting thread. Am still to make the VTech jump on GTR but will be 100% Rec ski. Major mods 4" intake ET127 wheel. Basically want stock limiters removed and free it up a bit. Not chasing huge speed 75mph will be fine as long as I make it there faster. 8375 tune should be fine? Repitched for about 8200rpm?
    Last edited by Davrac; 04-18-2015 at 06:51 PM.

+1
    This is the data you need to be able to see when you log though, i went out today and made a few logs, although it was rough as hell out

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.PNG 
Views:	66 
Size:	73.3 KB 
ID:	356261  

Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread Information