Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    MSX 150 guy lives on Mr. GP1800's Avatar
    +1
    The Ocean Pro O plate will be the best mod you have made to that hull. You will lose some of the loose handling that you have with the stock plate. High speed turns will be a little more fun. It will still do spins but it will take a little more effort to make it spin.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Matrix View Post
    The Ocean Pro O plate will be the best mod you have made to that hull. You will lose some of the loose handling that you have with the stock plate. High speed turns will be a little more fun. It will still do spins but it will take a little more effort to make it spin.
    Sounds good, the bouncing drives me crazy lol. Im more then willing to loose some loose handling long as i can get it to go straight without constant bobbing lol

I cant seem to find where to buy a wear ring anyone have a link?? ....also how hard is it to get the wear ring section off the hull? looks like its glued on?

Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by savageman69 View Post
    ... how hard is it to get the wear ring section off the hull? looks like its glued on?
    Forgot about that

Read up on the difference between an extended jet pump and a short pump. My prior post regarding wear rings I was thinking about the extended jet pumps only.

If you do upgrade to the extended jet pump then some other parts also need to change. Longer driveshaft, steering rod extension, longer water tube...

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by savageman69 View Post
    ... how hard is it to get the wear ring section off the hull? looks like its glued on?
    Forgot about that

Read up on the difference between an extended jet pump and a short pump. My prior post regarding wear rings I was thinking about the extended jet pumps only.

If you do upgrade to the extended jet pump then some other parts also need to change. Longer driveshaft, steering rod extension, longer water tube...
    Im not looking to extend the pump this year, is it worth throwing a new wear ring in or would you guys just replace the impeller and ride or?...Is it a big deal to remove the wear ring mount on the short pump? it looks really gooped on lol

Rasta Mon Condoms We Be Jammin!!!!! TxVirageTx's Avatar
    +1
    if you buy a 6 vane pretty much any prop with it will be too much pitch for a 700,only the 1050/1200 came with the 6 vane,your stator is shot.have a 6 vane with a 12/17 prop out of a 98 slth 700.decent wear ring as well,but needs painting.

+1
    got a set of sponsons as well.do the extended pump with a stock slx plate or the o plate.my wear ring is for the ext pump.

+1
    does it even have a pump wedge?

Resident electronics hacker UnityRacing's Avatar
    +1
    I might be picking up an 02 Virage TXi with a hole in the hull. Planning on parting it out. It should have the SS 6 vane stator on it. Let me know if your interested. Might be next weekend that I go get it though.

+1
    You don't need to replace the wear ring, the prop should be refurbished or replaced, the stator has seen better days too, I have some parts you may be interested in I will PM you.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by TxPro1200 View Post
    if you buy a 6 vane pretty much any prop with it will be too much pitch for a 700,only the 1050/1200 came with the 6 vane,your stator is shot.have a 6 vane with a 12/17 prop out of a 98 slth 700.decent wear ring as well,but needs painting.
    Does the stock stator i just pulled off not have 6 vanes?

*edit never mind i see its a 5.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information