Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    +1
    Do you have the details of what required?

Thanks

+1
    i have found optimum ignition angle to be somewhat worthless as far as logging goes, so like whittle said i monitor ing angle 1,2, and 3 and i monitor retard 1,2 and 3.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Branden View Post
    i have found optimum ignition angle to be somewhat worthless as far as logging goes, so like whittle said i monitor ing angle 1,2, and 3 and i monitor retard 1,2 and 3.
    Whats the recommend logging time for this as well? 15 - 30 minutes?

+1
    depends who you ask i guess, mine are very short but i am only really interested in my wot tuneup so my logs are about 2 minutes long.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Branden View Post
    depends who you ask i guess, mine are very short but i am only really interested in my wot tuneup so my logs are about 2 minutes long.
    I thought as much, as I get different answers from different people.

Bigger is better provided you can get the logs off the logger.

Quote Originally Posted by whittlebeast View Post
    Bigger is better provided you can get the logs off the logger.
    Iv been at the end of a perfect 30 plus minute log with 0 unhooking and all kinds of on off throttle situations. Then the screen goes blank and the app cuts out look in the app for the log and its gone! That will get you going!

+1
    How long to log? Here is what I have come across...

I suppose it depends if you intend to use the "autotune" feature or not. I have had issues when I log for too long and during that time there will be lots of off throttle deceleration from WOT (as found in aggressive CC riding). With the constant WOT to off-throttle, the motor will naturally go very lean as soon as you chop throttle. Do that for 20-30 minutes and when you try to "autotune" with that log, the program will attempt to correct all those throttle chops (lean outs). One time doing this it got so bad I had to start all over again.

So all I do now is get an initial run (4 to 6 minutes) where I'm sweeping RPM's at various speeds with almost no letting off gas (not easy), let "autotune" program the 1st log. Then I spend 3 to 5 runs/logs manually tweaking fuel map. How many times I do this depends f its "good enough" or I'm making this as good as can possibly get. I have it set well enough that I have good AFR from top to bottom, gas mileage as good as a stock 155 (while crusing 4300 to 5300rpm) and no flat or rich spots. I could never get that with only doing "autotune"

What I need to do is dig deep inside MLVHD and make it filter out (ignore) the AFR hits the moment the motors goes into vacuum (but above 5k). Export that filtered log and use that for the autotune feature. Haven't bothered yet because my system has been working fine.

While the new vtech server is much faster at re-compiling, its not so bad. The old server, it sometimes took me 60 minutes to do 2 or 3 custom tune/flashes. I am envious how super quick the CMD/MoTeC are at reflashing to ECU when making little tweaks or changes. But I generally dedicate an afternoon tuning and spend the rest of the year riding. I haven't connected my logger or re-flashed my ski in...I can't remember how long. As I've said before, its bikini season here!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information