Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Hardware. Like Unity, I searched all over to find an app that will read the older ones and never found one. And have not found one hardware scanner that will read both, so we have two different ones.

+1
    Jeff I own a Polaris MSXDI ski and candoo I have Podiag running on an old laptop if you need a beta tester..
    PS the new GPS unit works fine with the lower threshold.

Resident electronics hacker UnityRacing's Avatar
    +1
    Not to steal anyones business, but I posted the information on how to run Digital Wrench, and now the information on how to DIY all the EMM programming. From the 8 pages in this thread, I've only seen one or two people interested.
    Total cost involved in what I have put into this is zero. If you don't have a cable then factor in $20 or so to build one.

Ghost wanted $200 per ski to program my injectors. That's a $400 savings right there, just for me alone. Now that everyone has the know how, I don't see a need for special software.

4. +1 by:

Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by UnityRacing View Post
    Not to steal anyones business, but I posted the information on how to run Digital Wrench, and now the information on how to DIY all the EMM programming. From the 8 pages in this thread, I've only seen one or two people interested.
    Total cost involved in what I have put into this is zero. If you don't have a cable then factor in $20 or so to build one.

Ghost wanted $200 per ski to program my injectors. That's a $400 savings right there, just for me alone. Now that everyone has the know how, I don't see a need for special software.
    I suspect what people are hoping for is a simple to use software that does not require them to use Terminal software, hex or decimal coding.

Certainly the info is available to craft a DIY solution, if one has an understanding of how the pieces fit together.

Using DW is of course useful for some diagnostics, but DW does not allow arbitrary reading/writing/swapping of Ficht fuel injector data.

Believe me, we are not making any money on Polaris watercraft now and probably won't make anything when we release our Polaris version. Not many of you die-hard Polaris guys left. It is more a matter of supporting our DIY users and small shops with tools that will fit their needs. As K447 says, not everyone has the time or inclination to do what you have done. On our Kawi version right now, it is trivial for us and our customers to support this feature as it is such a niche application that it doesn't take much time.

MSX 150 guy lives on Mr. GP1800's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by CANDooPro View Post

Believe me, we are not making any money on Polaris watercraft now and probably won't make anything when we release our Polaris version. Not many of you die-hard Polaris guys left. It is more a matter of supporting our DIY users and small shops with tools that will fit their needs. As K447 says, not everyone has the time or inclination to do what you have done. On our Kawi version right now, it is trivial for us and our customers to support this feature as it is such a niche application that it doesn't take much time.
    Cant wait for your Polaris product to come out. I will definitely be buying it. The GPS modules are a home run. I now own 2 of them.

+1
    I'll certainly be buying a GPS module for the MSX and maybe one for the FXHO if I decide to keep it.
    What is the projected cost of the Polaris software?

I was wondering what happened to this? I am looking to buy a 04 polaris genesis FI for 200.00.. not locked up or anything so Just trying to see whats up. Owner said new injector was installed but it wont fire up. I assume the FPR or EMM not programmed correctly? If I can program it myself always the better deal.

+1
    Even with the wrong injectors the engine should still start. If it won't start then the problem is elsewhere, likely a faulty EMM. The C89 capacitor is a known failure item in the EMM and the likely culprit.

Hard to say for sure without further diagnostics, but about the worst case scenario.

$200 is a good price, and worth fixing so long as the body is good. I've posted everything you need for a DIY programming here, but you will need to read and then reread the whole thread.

Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Magoogle View Post
    ... I am looking to buy a 04 polaris genesis FI for 200.00.. not locked up or anything ...
    If you don't buy it I might!

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread Information