Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    +1
    My limit would prolly only be around 2000$. But I think if I ever have more time I might just attempt the project myself. I think the product would be cool for sure. Kinda like a rib ski

Quote Originally Posted by Seadoodoc View Post
    Great video! We have a few thousand hrs bashing hulls and props down in Oregon on rivers. Would love to see you build one from scratch. I have molds for top deck lids for a few Seadoos.
    What rivers are you guys running?

+1
    IMO with the price of old skis in the sub 1k range just let it rip then buy another one.

+1
    Here is a vid from our region 8 rapids race.

+1
    When in doubt sled it LOL.

+1
    Nice idea/model. I was always wondering when someone would come up with one. I have been riding skis on rivers for over 20 years. Of course, standups seem to always be a better vehicle for it. Other than lack of range. Now, if you could get a couple designs for those hulls. . .
    Nice vids folks. Happy to see others out there that appreciate the skill required for tight operating areas.
    One more note - I think you may want to keep the numbers down due to the conflict with fishermen on said jetboats. IMO

The Cap'n

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 2fast4u View Post
    Can you post some pictures of the bottom of the hull to show how the water gets to the pump? ...
    No disrespect, but you may be asking for info that is better kept secret until he is really ready to launch the product.

Or a better way to look at is a very knowledgeable person would like to give his input on design before he moves forward. I don't think any tunnel design is going to be revolutionary here to where it is top secret...

Quote Originally Posted by beerdart View Post
    IMO with the price of old skis in the sub 1k range just let it rip then buy another one.

I tried to ride in a river once before my first hull was done. It worked fine going up the river. I was coming back and i slowed down for some bank fishermen, then i hit a unseen gravel bar. Broke the stock grate and destroyed the impeller. Im sure they got a good laugh. It reinforced that there is a better way. Maybe not super cheap, but i like the idea i can make it back to the boat launch. I do try to avoid fishermen, some of them are seriously crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by NWDayton View Post
    Nice idea/model. I was always wondering when someone would come up with one. I have been riding skis on rivers for over 20 years. Of course, standups seem to always be a better vehicle for it. Other than lack of range. Now, if you could get a couple designs for those hulls. . .
    Nice vids folks. Happy to see others out there that appreciate the skill required for tight operating areas.
    One more note - I think you may want to keep the numbers down due to the conflict with fishermen on said jetboats. IMO

The Cap'n
    Skinny, tight, submerged objects water is where it at. I would be a little nervous on a stand-up in a river i didnt know. But more power to you, we need to grow the ranks.

Quote Originally Posted by armorjet View Post
    I live in Olympia,WA. For the last two years I have been running rivers with my detachable aluminum hull. Its a lot of fun. But I would like to run rivers with other people. I can make hulls for other PWCs. I use a wetsuit, so riding in cold weather is no problem. Just not freezing temperatures. Some of the best riding is after big rains. I posted a video in the video section. There is a learning curve going from lakes or saltwater to rivers. You really need to be a good rider. I will warn you that once you get a taste for rivers, lakes will never be the same. Who has what it takes?
    Hey do you still make these hulls? Verry intrested!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information