Page 16 of 30 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
    +1
    Why are the polaris gatherings always in the mid west on a small lake? How about California, or anywhere within a 12 hour drive.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by hill160881 View Post
    Why are the polaris gatherings always in the mid west on a small lake? How about California, or anywhere within a 12 hour drive.

I suppose its because people in those areas of the country dont make one? by looking at the title this is a Midwest gathering. Hill, why dont you take it upon yourself to find a location and host a Western gathering, now lets be honest in california, youd have to drive 12 hours to get from one end to the other....and Lake St. Claire is by no means a Small lake, its the main connection between 2 of the great lakes, i would not use the word small. when talking about this lake. LOL

Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Drkvampire2001 View Post
    ... on a small lake...
    ....and Lake St. Claire is by no means a small lake, its the main connection between 2 of the Great Lakes.

I would not use the word small. when talking about this lake. LOL
    Lake St. Clair is about 430 square miles.

Largest lakes in California are smaller.

We mostly ride in the river delta area around the north end of the lake, which is the largest of its kind in the U.S.

+1
    I will bring a lathe.... anyone.... lol - all seriousness I plan on hooching it military style

+1
    I was just picking on you mid western people there are very few gatherings that get a good turn out around these parts. At least any I have found. I was going to try and get one together this season, if I have time. The Ca delta has 1200 miles and hundreds of marinas plus the bay's. Also it has world record bass and good striper, salmon, sturgeon... Lots of places of interest, the downfall is expense.

I am from Ok originally so it is possible I could attend one of these Midwest gatherings, just not this year.

Have fun!

MSX 150 guy lives on Mr. GP1800's Avatar
    +1

Rules as relayed to me

Here are the Owner's rules for the use of the property. We will need to make sure everyone adheres to this.

QUIET ENJOYMENT – Guests shall be entitled to the quiet enjoyment of the rental property. Any disturbance resulting in police action, neighborhood complaints or any violation of the rules and regulations is considered sufficient cause for immediate termination of your stay with all monies forfeited.

SMOKING – Is allowed outside the property only. Smoking in the home will result in a forfeit of the deposit. Please dispose of all debris safely and in designated areas.

ALCOHOL – Is allowed on the property by guests 21 years of age or older.

PETS – Pets are NOT allowed.

FURNISHINGS – Home is fully furnished. Home is equipped for light housekeeping and linens.

USE OF GRILLS – Feel Free to bring a grill, Not provided at this time.

LOCKED AREAS – Two Owners Closets will be locked, one in the bathroom and one in the master bedroom. Any attempt to enter locked areas is cause for immediate termination of this agreement, forfeiture of all monies paid and Guest will be responsible for any damages.

GARAGE – No access to the garage is allowed.

ARRIVAL AND DEPARTURE TIMES – Times have been set to ensure proper time to inspect and clean prior to next guest.

LIFEGUARD – NO LIFEGUARD ON DUTY.

WATER SLIDE – A water slide is provided, guests waive any and all responsibilities of owners. DEPARTURE NOTES – Please close all doors and windows before you leave and set A/C at 70. All kitchenware should be cleaned and placed where found. Please remove all food from premises. Please place all garbage in designated garbage cans by Garage. Please wash linens (or at least start a load ;*) ), wipe counter tops and broom up floors.

GENERAL CARE – This is our Happy Place and we are glad to be sharing it with you. We hope you will love it and take care of it as we would. Shoes are not allowed in the home. Also, please keep screened porch doors closed especially at dusk to avoid mosquitoes getting into the home. Do not enter or exit the side door at these times.

USE OF DOCK AND PROPERTY – The Yellow Dock is the Green Parrot's dock
    1. Please be careful entering the water at the seawall, the bottom steps can be extremely slippery.
    2. All watercraft located at the dock are NOT included in rental. Please do not touch.
    3. Sandbox and Sand toys are provided.
    4. Please wear appropriate water shoes.
    5. Please wear appropriate life vests etc. for all children and watch carefully.
    6. A large Bon*fire Pit is located near the seawall, if interested, please bring wood to burn.

NOISE – Our neighbors are residents of the island, please be courteous.

WHAT TO BRING – You will need to provide all toiletries (bath soap, dish soap, laundry soap, paper towel, toilet paper, aluminum foil, clear wrap, kitchen seasonings etc.). Rafts, fishing gear, life jackets etc.. Also, we prefer not to drink the tap water, others on the island do but I would suggest bottled water.
    Last edited by Mr. GP1800; 04-19-2015 at 06:44 PM.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Drkvampire2001 View Post
    ... on a small lake...
    ....and Lake St. Claire is by no means a small lake, its the main connection between 2 of the Great Lakes.

I would not use the word small. when talking about this lake. LOL
    Lake St. Clair is about 430 square miles.

Largest lakes in California are smaller.

We mostly ride in the river delta area around the north end of the lake, which is the largest of its kind in the U.S.

St. Clair is also freshwater :P

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Matrix View Post
    Here are the Owner's rules for the use of the property. We will need to make sure everyone adheres to this.

QUIET ENJOYMENT – Guests shall be entitled to the quiet enjoyment of the rental property. Any disturbance resulting in police action, neighborhood complaints or any violation of the rules and regulations is considered sufficient cause for immediate termination of your stay with all monies forfeited.

SMOKING – Is allowed outside the property only. Smoking in the home will result in a forfeit of the deposit. Please dispose of all debris safely and in designated areas.

ALCOHOL – Is allowed on the property by guests 21 years of age or older.

PETS – Pets are NOT allowed.

FURNISHINGS – Home is fully furnished. Home is equipped for light housekeeping and linens.

USE OF GRILLS – Feel Free to bring a grill, Not provided at this time.

LOCKED AREAS – Two Owners Closets will be locked, one in the bathroom and one in the master bedroom. Any attempt to enter locked areas is cause for immediate termination of this agreement, forfeiture of all monies paid and Guest will be responsible for any damages.

GARAGE – No access to the garage is allowed.

ARRIVAL AND DEPARTURE TIMES – Times have been set to ensure proper time to inspect and clean prior to next guest.

LIFEGUARD – NO LIFEGUARD ON DUTY.

WATER SLIDE – A water slide is provided, guests waive any and all responsibilities of owners. DEPARTURE NOTES – Please close all doors and windows before you leave and set A/C at 70. All kitchenware should be cleaned and placed where found. Please remove all food from premises. Please place all garbage in designated garbage cans by Garage. Please wash linens (or at least start a load ;*) ), wipe counter tops and broom up floors.

GENERAL CARE – This is our Happy Place and we are glad to be sharing it with you. We hope you will love it and take care of it as we would. Shoes are not allowed in the home. Also, please keep screened porch doors closed especially at dusk to avoid mosquitoes getting into the home. Do not enter or exit the side door at these times.

USE OF DOCK AND PROPERTY – The Yellow Dock is the Green Parrot's dock
    1. Please be careful entering the water at the seawall, the bottom steps can be extremely slippery.
    2. All watercraft located at the dock are NOT included in rental. Please do not touch.
    3. Sandbox and Sand toys are provided.
    4. Please wear appropriate water shoes.
    5. Please wear appropriate life vests etc. for all children and watch carefully.
    6. A large Bon*fire Pit is located near the seawall, if interested, please bring wood to burn.

NOISE – Our neighbors are residents of the island, please be courteous.

WHAT TO BRING – You will need to provide all toiletries (bath soap, dish soap, laundry soap, paper towel, toilet paper, aluminum foil, clear wrap, kitchen seasonings etc.). Rafts, fishing gear, life jackets etc.. Also, we prefer not to drink the tap water, others on the island do but I would suggest bottled water.

In consideration of the low noise that's required i'm guessing ski tinkering and revving will only be permitted at the launch area???

+1
    I would think reasonable running of skis out of the water during reasonable hours would be ok. Probably dont want to keep ripping back and forth near the house and annoying the neighbors either. The owner did say the neighbors were cool and may even join in the party.

+1
    Adding this. No wake zone for boats over 26 feet past our place. Thats a good thing.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2014-07-07 at 1.10.31 PM.png 
Views:	43 
Size:	1.35 MB 
ID:	356464

Page 16 of 30 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread Information