Page 12 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
    Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Matrix View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Matrix View Post
    Algonac State Park campground looks promising. Looks like plenty of campsites are available too.
    No mooring area?

Big waves from those ships in the main channel.
    Yes, if we camp we would most likely have to trailer our skis at night.
    Even during daytime the ship wakes washing ashore can be powerful.

2. +1 by:

+1
    That sucks the cabin got sold, was a pretty decent setup and we all shared some great times there. I wonder what it sold for?

Camping at algonac would be fun but, for what we are doing (jetskiing) it's crap due to water current/traffic/lack of mooring places etc...

Ok I may have found something that would work. Check out this one. It's in the bay and only $180 a night, sleeps 12!

The map doesn't show the exact location but i'm pretty sure this is it in the pics here.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	altgathering2.JPG 
Views:	64 
Size:	130.7 KB 
ID:	356099Click image for larger version. 

Name:	altgathering.JPG 
Views:	57 
Size:	81.9 KB 
ID:	356100

http://www.vrbo.com/301869#

Only cons are-

Says only has parking for 6, well looking at the map there seems to be plenty of space along the road across the street.
    Water is pumped from the lake so we would have to bring drinking water.
    No place on property to launch/retrieve but, I see plenty of places to tie up and the small bit of land between cabin and road could be used to camp and pull a ski up on should one start taking on water or something :/
    The calendar has not been updated in 8 months so someone would have to contact the owner to check availability.

Pros-

Location, location, location!!!!!! In the bay right where we wanna be anyways
    Very calm water compared to the (old) cabin.
    Looks nicer/cleaner/newer than the (old) cabin.
    The price is very reasonable. $180 per night.
    Seems to be secluded more so than the (old) cabin.
    May be able to clean out algae/seaweed to allow launch/retrieval of skis. If not it's closer to that gas station launch than the (old) cabin.
    It's on stilts so u could more your ski right under the cabin keeping your dark hydroturf mats and vinyl seats out of the sun and precipitation.

Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    The stilt house we looked at a year or two ago.

Kinda cool, but really limited parking. Steep narrow road shoulders as I recall.

Quite shallow water. I did idle right up to it but was not much water under my hull from quite a ways out.

Very limited flat ground around the property.
    Quote Originally Posted by Miglater View Post
    That sucks the cabin got sold, was a pretty decent setup and we all shared some great times there. I wonder what it sold for?

Camping at algonac would be fun but, for what we are doing (jetskiing) it's crap due to water current/traffic/lack of mooring places etc...

Ok I may have found something that would work. Check out this one. It's in the bay and only $180 a night, sleeps 12!

The map doesn't show the exact location but i'm pretty sure this is it in the pics here.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	altgathering2.JPG 
Views:	64 
Size:	130.7 KB 
ID:	356099Click image for larger version. 

Name:	altgathering.JPG 
Views:	57 
Size:	81.9 KB 
ID:	356100

http://www.vrbo.com/301869#

Only cons are-

Says only has parking for 6, well looking at the map there seems to be plenty of space along the road across the street.
    Water is pumped from the lake so we would have to bring drinking water.
    No place on property to launch/retrieve but, I see plenty of places to tie up and the small bit of land between cabin and road could be used to camp and pull a ski up on should one start taking on water or something :/
    The calendar has not been updated in 8 months so someone would have to contact the owner to check availability.

Pros-

Location, location, location!!!!!! In the bay right where we wanna be anyways
    Very calm water compared to the (old) cabin.
    Looks nicer/cleaner/newer than the (old) cabin.
    The price is very reasonable. $180 per night.
    Seems to be secluded more so than the (old) cabin.
    May be able to clean out algae/seaweed to allow launch/retrieval of skis. If not it's closer to that gas station launch than the (old) cabin.
    It's on stilts so u could more your ski right under the cabin keeping your dark hydroturf mats and vinyl seats out of the sun and precipitation.

+1
    I think either place would work for me, I intend to camp in my tent unless it's not permitted.

SPEED KILLS, BUT YOU GET THERE QUICKER Keddano's Avatar
    +1

Just snoozin' on the couch M447's Avatar
    +1
    If I remember correctly, there's a parking area for Department of Natural Resources that can take overflow parking. I'll get in touch with Craig, who's local to firm up those details.

MSX 150 guy lives on Mr. GP1800's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post

This one has potential
    http://www.vrbo.com/613388
    I have tentatively booked this cabin for us. The owner is sending me the details and a contract for the rental. Tentatively, we are booking Thursday through Saturday or Sunday night. It will be 300 per night.

We now need to know exactly who is coming, and for how long everyone will be staying so we can start getting a cost break down on everything.

The owner of the cabin was very nice and very pleasant to talk with. There is plenty of parking and yard space, and a very large dock. There is also a slide at the sea wall. That sounds fun. Tents are allowed, however, the owner is concerned about the grass under the tents, so if a tent will be being used for an extended period of time, it may need to be moved every 2 days, just to preserve the grass.

This is a nice place, and we will need to treat it with kid gloves if we have any hope of being invited back.

So again, we need to know who is coming and for how many nights. Lets get this rolling!!!!!

+1
    Mostly with the wedding it all depends on final cost the more the better to lower the price for everyone but if not many sign up Jamie and I might have to back out.. But we really don't want to

+1
    I'm in but same as dave just said. We want to bc ome but if it is out of control price we might not be able to do it

MSX 150 guy lives on Mr. GP1800's Avatar
    +1
    We are talking about 300 per night as opposed to 150 per night. Split amongst a group of 10 or more the cost difference is not that big. 30 bucks a night per person is still dirt cheap, and of the group grows to 14, 16, or even more for Friday and Saturday, its still a dirt cheap getaway to ride skis and have a good time.

Page 12 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread Information