Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by tchies View Post
    Same with my 2013 Vxr. Something about voltage fluctuations trying to shut it off. I think the fix is to hard wire it to battery and use speedo wire. Winter here. Hope they get it fixed cause it can be nice when it works.

happy holidays.
    I actually thought about doing that myself but knowing me I'd walk off after a day of riding and a couple of beers and forget to disconnect the dam thing and drain my battery. There's gotta be an ignition switched 12V supply somewhere under there you could find.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by OzarkYamMonster View Post
    Has anyone purchased & used one a two stroke yet/ I have a 2008 Yamaha GPR, am about to take the plunge .... thought it might replace my hand-held GPS ????
    I put this on two gpr's works perfrectly, Tommy Jordan

Yes, our standard Yamaha module, our part number 9503, is not working properly on the late VXR/VXS models. The symptom lead us to believe that the power to our unit is either pulsing, or is extremely noisy, so it is causing our module to reboot constantly.

Our module has a component called a SuperCapacitor that stores energy, kind of like a battery of sorts. The reason we put this into our circuit is to provide the module with power to store the GPS satellite details after you power it down. It will store these details for 3-5 hours, so when you start the ski up, the GPS module will come alive almost instantly. However, this means we need to start the shutdown of the module quickly, so we maximize the amount of time the supercap will store the GPS detail. If the power feeding the module is pulsing or really dirty, our unit would start powering down, then powering back up, which is what we are seeing.

Our circuit is designed with a lot of flexibility, so we will figure a way around this over the next month or so. I need to find a VXR/VXS near to me to do some testing of the power. If anyone has one of these models in the Tampa or Orlando area, I would really appreciate if I could do some testing.

Jeff

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by CANDooPro View Post
    Yes, our standard Yamaha module, our part number 9503, is not working properly on the late VXR/VXS models. The symptom lead us to believe that the power to our unit is either pulsing, or is extremely noisy, so it is causing our module to reboot constantly.

Our module has a component called a SuperCapacitor that stores energy, kind of like a battery of sorts. The reason we put this into our circuit is to provide the module with power to store the GPS satellite details after you power it down. It will store these details for 3-5 hours, so when you start the ski up, the GPS module will come alive almost instantly. However, this means we need to start the shutdown of the module quickly, so we maximize the amount of time the supercap will store the GPS detail. If the power feeding the module is pulsing or really dirty, our unit would start powering down, then powering back up, which is what we are seeing.

Our circuit is designed with a lot of flexibility, so we will figure a way around this over the next month or so. I need to find a VXR/VXS near to me to do some testing of the power. If anyone has one of these models in the Tampa or Orlando area, I would really appreciate if I could do some testing.

Jeff
    Hey Jeff, I'm over in Cocoa and youre free you use my gprho for testing, the complete drivetrain out of my 2011 vxs is in the gpr, including the vxs dash. I'm having the same problem, LMK

Quote Originally Posted by big john View Post

Jeff
    Hey Jeff, I'm over in Cocoa and youre free you use my gprho for testing, the complete drivetrain out of my 2011 vxs is in the gpr, including the vxs dash. I'm having the same problem, LMK
    Thanks, John, that would be perfect! I will send you a PM.....

+1
    Wow!!! GPRHO. That's gota be a hell of a ride!!!

what speeds are you seeing?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by abracadabra View Post
    Wow!!! GPRHO. That's gota be a hell of a ride!!!

what speeds are you seeing?
    Julio, I really haven't spent a shit load of time trying to get maximum speed out of it, its best was a 74.4 the first day out, that was with a single bar grate and someone much lighter than me, just this past weekend I personally clicked off a 73.4 with a R&D two bar grate, I'm figuring it may see a 76 with the right person on it. it was built for a fun factor, handles great, run great and can run the dog snot outta it all day on a tank of fuel, I put a 18.9 gal fx tank in it, its such a blast to ride I rarely take my GPRSHO out anymore

8. +1 by:

Finally had a chance to head over to the Space Coast to visit Big John to do some testing on his conversion. (Thanks, John!!) It turns out that the issue with the VXS/VXR clusters is the same exact issue with the Kawi 300/310 cluster. They have a really wimpy power supply going to the paddle wheel sender, and although our unit hardly draws very much power, it is too much for the wimpy power coming out of the cluster.

So I have a fix already in the works. Besides the existing paddle wheel connector, we will be adding a short connector pair that will go inline with the existing cluster connector. This way, we will be tapping in direct switched power. I have ordered the connectors, but they are coming from Japan and will be here in about 10 days.

It will be a new part number for the VXS/VXR unit, and we will make an announcement here when the units are available in the Greenhulk store. For those that have units that arent presently working, I can either send you a simple jumper connector set that will work with your existing unit, or you can send the units back and I will send you replacements with the new configuration.

+1
    Finally had a chance to head over to the Space Coast to visit Big John to do some testing on his conversion. (Thanks, John!!) It turns out that the issue with the VXS/VXR clusters is the same exact issue with the Kawi 300/310 cluster. They have a really wimpy power supply going to the paddle wheel sender, and although our unit hardly draws very much power, it is too much for the wimpy power coming out of the cluster.

So I have a fix already in the works. Besides the existing paddle wheel connector, we will be adding a short connector pair that will go inline with the existing cluster connector. This way, we will be tapping in direct switched power. I have ordered the connectors, but they are coming from Japan and will be here in about 10 days.

It will be a new part number for the VXS/VXR unit, and we will make an announcement here when the units are available in the Greenhulk store. For those that have units that arent presently working, I can either send you a simple jumper connector set that will work with your existing unit, or you can send the units back and I will send you replacements with the new configuration.
    it was great to meet you and i'm glad you were able to use my ski to figure out the problem, i'll post up the results when the adapter get here

11. +1 by:

Mad Props to Candoo Pro. I just notices that they figured out the issue with the VXS/VXR speedos after seeing them advertised again on Jerry's site. Ordered two of em again and this time they worked great. Match my GPS prefectly. Took about 10 minutes each ski. I've got'em tucked down in the hull pretty deep and they acquire with no problems. I finally have actual speed. I'm topping out at 200 mph. LOL

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information