Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Gus13letter View Post
    Although I love ET wheels, this looks like the new ticket for spec class!! I have been out of the Yamaha side so not sure how long it has been out but according to this thread's quotes it can have been out for to long.

Pt. # 612-24028 SV-C28X Monster Wheel / Boost Rating 24lbs.@9000 / 26-28lbs.@9500-9600
    *All wheels fit the OEM SVHO Housing
    The fast guys were running them at last years drags, there's always a reason why some guys are faster. Its all about staying ahead.
    There nice but fall short of the claim numbers.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3461.jpg 
Views:	138 
Size:	63.8 KB 
ID:	350675  

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by YudLuz2 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gus13letter View Post
    Although I love ET wheels, this looks like the new ticket for spec class!! I have been out of the Yamaha side so not sure how long it has been out but according to this thread's quotes it can have been out for to long.

Pt. # 612-24028 SV-C28X Monster Wheel / Boost Rating 24lbs.@9000 / 26-28lbs.@9500-9600
    *All wheels fit the OEM SVHO Housing
    The fast guys were running them at last years drags, there's always a reason why some guys are faster. Its all about staying ahead.
    There nice but fall short of the claim numbers.
    Yeah, it is unfortunate when some of us are busting our asses and spending thousands to only try to be chasing a dream when the playing field isn't level and not really down the the tuner but more in the power that no one else has or knows about.............

3. +1 by:

+1
    Well sayd Gus!

+1
    what's this bullshit barrier about the svho cam?

This BS cracks me up.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by LugNutLS1 View Post
    Not trying to take anything away from Scott. It is quite impressive what he is doing in stock class.

A sho exhaust cam will give you around 2psi, 200 rpm, 2mph and stronger acceleration. Exact numbers cannot be said due to every ski being different but it's a gain regardless. And motor will run cooler. Period. Ask Glenn, Jim, shrabber, myself and many others. It's no myth or secret.
    Will gladly swap out sho cams for svho......pm if you want to get rid of them,,,,your right those things don't work If Scabber says it, it must be true I have faster stock class boats ......he doesn't have a clue.

LugNutLs1, stronger acceleration? are you kidding me?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1128.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	120.0 KB 
ID:	352250  
    Last edited by vspec1; 02-24-2015 at 10:19 PM.

+1
    LOL!!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by vspec1 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by LugNutLS1 View Post
    Not trying to take anything away from Scott. It is quite impressive what he is doing in stock class.

A sho exhaust cam will give you around 2psi, 200 rpm, 2mph and stronger acceleration. Exact numbers cannot be said due to every ski being different but it's a gain regardless. And motor will run cooler. Period. Ask Glenn, Jim, shrabber, myself and many others. It's no myth or secret.
    Will gladly swap out sho cams for svho......pm if you want to get rid of them,,,,your right those things don't work If Scabber says it, it must be true I have faster stock class boats ......he doesn't have a clue.

LugNutLs1, stronger acceleration? are you kidding me?
    I guess people are starting to second guess themselves now.....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1128.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	120.0 KB 
ID:	352252

Have plenty of the super fast SHO cams ...willing to swap out for those slow SVHO cams that don't work....

9. +1 by:

+1
    He's refering to the guy that needed a motec and wheel to go SLOWER then most stock class skis... lol

11. +1 by:

+1
    I made the swap based on Jims recommendation. Was debating on an R and D cam setup and while talking with Glenn on phone he recommended a SHO cam as a good choice as well (choice over a svho cam, didnt say how his cam stacked against it but I didn't push him for more info at the time as we were discussing the r3 reflash)Picked up speed from it and pull felt stronger too. Weather did change but nothing major. Seemed worth it. I haven't tried to switch back to double verify but may not rule it out if I have some extra time to test more. Everything's frozen over here so anxiously waiting for spring to get back on the water. Finishing up 3 motor builds and starting a little cobra build in mean time to keep busy!!!

I'm no sales guy selling SHO cams. Just trying to be honest of my result. Other skis may react different based on your setup and mods. Only real apples to apples comparison is direct swap on exact same ski back to back test. If someone has an arguing case feel free to share?!? It is a forum for obtaining information is it not?? Or is this some secretive underground grudge race event with closed hoods and a few k laid down?? I'm plenty familiar with that but I enjoy this little ski and the people here to have some fun and learn a little along the way. I told what I know take it or leave it. Hopefully I can test more soon and I will happily share some more info.
    Last edited by LugNutLS1; 02-25-2015 at 10:26 PM.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Chupacobra View Post
    what's this bullshit barrier about the svho cam?

This BS cracks me up.
    Not gonna start a war on which cam is better but looking at your sig running 85.5 at 8650 is pretty slow to me !! My ski with the SHO pos exhaust cam ran 86.8 at 8640 stock charger ! I'm going to say it one more time , the SVHO cam is just fine and seems to be a good cam for a stand alone set up, but for a reflash testing back to back the SHO cam showed a better mid range and top speed ! I have a 2 hour old SVHO cam I will gladly exchange for an a SHO cam !

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread Information