Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by KTK View Post
    I have one on my 310 and if you calibrate it to 50 in kph mode it delimits the ski. The ecu will see a 43.5 mph pulse at 70 mph in kph mode calibrated to 50. The riva 310 scom puts out a 0 to 43 mph pulse. The R&D 300 scom puts out a strait 43 mph pulse
    Thanks KTK, you straightened my forehead creases...

KTK has been helping us sort out the situation for the 310, and I spent some time this week on a 2012 300X that had the same issue. The basic issue is that the 10 volt supply that the Kawi 300/310 cluster feeds to the existing paddle wheel and steering position sensors can only supply a very tiny amount of power. Our unit does not draw very much power, but it is more than the 10 VDC supply can handle.

The fix is pretty simple. We will start selling a version of our GPS Module for use on 300 and 310 skis next weekend. It will have two connectors vs one on the present module. The one connector will attach to the cluster/paddle connector just like before, while the 2nd connector will plug into the 4 pin diagnostic connector found adjacent to the throttle body. (It has a dust cap on it, you will just remove the dust cap and plug our connector onto it)

This will be a new part number. We will make an announcement next weekend with the new part number, and Jerry will put them up in the store for sale. Thanks to KTK (Kevin) for helping us sort this out.

+1
    I have an 2013 and never had issue with the GPS. But I run my ski without the K.S.S plugged.

Will the CandooGPS act ad an speedmodule?

Jeff

I tried to pm you to follow up 3 times about the retrofit harnesses but the responses stopped. I am guessing that something is wrong or your box is full. Can you please give me an update?

Kind regards
    Dan

Dan, just sent you a PM, I hadn't logged into GH under my Candoopro profile for a couple weeks so I missed your PM's.

Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by CANDooPro View Post
    Dan, just sent you a PM, I hadn't logged into GH under my Candoopro profile for a couple weeks so I missed your PM's.

Jeff
    Got it. Thanks a million for your support!

+1
    Spoke to Jeff too yesterday though I may or may not have a powering up issue with my 2011 Ultra 300 as I haven't tested my mine yet..
    He's sending me an adapter to tap into the KDS if can't keep the power on as some 2011s have or have not had problems..

Cando, I pmd a couple times you but maybe you never got it, do you have gps plug and play for 2007 250x?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Catalac View Post
    Cando, I pmd a couple times you but maybe you never got it, do you have gps plug and play for 2007 250x?
    You should call them as they seem to be very phone friendly and if you leave a message or speak to someone they get back to you,at least they have for me and we are going into the riding season up north here..

Heres their website link with ph #...

http://candoopro.com

10. +1 by:

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by KTK View Post
    I have one on my 310 and if you calibrate it to 50 in kph mode it delimits the ski. The ecu will see a 43.5 mph pulse at 70 mph in kph mode calibrated to 50. The riva 310 scom puts out a 0 to 43 mph pulse. The R&D 300 scom puts out a strait 43 mph pulse
    I have done some easy calculation and found out, if I calibrate it to 43 in kph mode I will have the speed shown as nautic knots (which I prefer), but I haven`t done any test yet... Could it be any risk that the pulse gets to low to the ecu?

(By using the same calculation method I think the pulse will be 37,8mph at 70mph in kph mode)
    Last edited by Kamaki; 04-09-2015 at 09:09 AM.

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread Information