Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

+1
    Thanks rlovebk.

I agree and they are doing a crappy job standing behind their products. Making it hard for customer to get resolution. If i see Mark, i will say hello. Haven't heard of him,i suspect he's busy working on his race machines.
    I'm going cat from dp tomorrow. Are you closer to lb or dp?
    Quote Originally Posted by rlovebk View Post
    Captain you hit the nail on the head on many fronts. I know you ride out of DP and LB a lot and you ride hard in the ocean.
    One thing that has happened to Yamaha and other manufacturers often lately: You buy much of the components used from different suppliers and manufacturers. You do a few pre-production runs and test and everything is good. You order a production runs worth of these components and thru the procurement process your supplier gets a "Deal" on thread and it says it specs the same, but costs 30% less. It turns out to NOT be as durable, maybe UV repellant qualities are not quite the same, and your seat comes apart at the seams.
    These issues run the gamut in manufacturing processes all over and are not unique to Yamaha.
    IMO the "Control" in quality is gone. The process that really counts is improvement of known issues and standing behind a product by providing the ability to purchase a 5 year warranty at a reasonable cost. This Yamaha does. Acknowledging issues and getting them repaired for the consumer is a big deal working towards brand loyalty.
    The costumer service quotient has left the building with many, and it sounds like Yamaha could use some help here.
    Many do not push the waverunner as you do. I hope to see you out on the water soon. SoCal is doing a ride LB to Cat on the 30th. You should join us.
    I think most are generally pleased with their Yamaha's. The folks I know that own them have mostly positive things to say about them. Like many manufacturers there are issues. How they approach fixing them or improving them can go along way with folks. Take care sir and say hello to your neighbor (Mark) for me.

+1
    And to think that an ADULT would hi-jike a thread. I was/still am interested in reading about yamaha quality. Why not, if you haven't had any issues, state such and move on? Is it really that hard? Come on people. There are other threads to go to if you have nothing else to add.
    BTW... apparently there ARE issues with some of the yamaha nano hulls as there are other forums as well as this forum with complaints. I for one would like to hear what people have to say before I fork out $14+K for a new pwc.

+1
    Who really cares at the end of the day.

Each PWC company has issues just like any product you buy. Some never have problems and others just suck right out of the box.

The time frame of warranty doesn't really translate into better quality. Look at TV's for example, 15-20 years ago you had like 2 or 3 year warranties out of the box on many TV's. Today its 90 days to 1 year at best. Heck a lot of electronics its like 90 days now. But the reality is most electronics are just as good today or better as they were 20 years ago. Just like 20 years ago its rare for a TV to give you issues right away. Sure we all heard people who had problems but most never did. If it ran fine the first 90 days it usually was trouble free for years and years and years just like today. Plus today you have about 1000 more things going in a TV then you did 20 years ago and warranties are shorter then ever.

None of the manufactures are deliberately making a poor product. Could there be improvements, sure just like on any product. But the truth is the law of averages tell each manufacture what there doing is right. No matter what they do they'll always be some issues that pop up. PWC industry is tough industry to build for reliability. Look at what people do them. What do you think would happen to your car if every time you drove it lived in the upper 75% of the rev range 50%+ of the time?
    Last edited by skylolow; 08-01-2014 at 02:28 PM.

+1
    skylolow

Some truth to what you've stated, but maybe TV's aren't a good example. Had an old school rca that was still working when I got rid of it 17 yrs. The Panasonic plasma that replaced it lasted 21 months. The Vizio that I replaced the Panasonic with lasted 14 months.
    Truth part is the newer skis are asked to do more with less. But manufacturers are always trying to find ways to cut costs...we all know that. They actually have employees that their only job is to find ways to cut costs, so what happens if that employee doesn't find ways? We all know that too. So, the question boils down to, how many major issues are out there, and is the manufacturer taking care of the customer? I would like to hear what people have to say & form my own opinion.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Yamatr3 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by r33pwrd View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Yamatr3 View Post
    Another internet pissing match that will never be won.

That was the point of the thread... Now back to days of or lives

The point of the thread was supposed to be a discussion on Yamaha quality, not a pissing match and insult thread. It turned into exactly that.

LOL you are kidding right? You will never get a decent thread when people are stating things that are not their experience. The difference between the person that started this thread any myself is I AM STATING MY EXPERIENCE not some second hand crap from the internet or a friend of a friend.

I am headed out for a 10 day vacation with my ski you guys have fun telling me how my ski sucks I will be on the lake enjoying the piece of crap LOL
    Last edited by r33pwrd; 08-01-2014 at 10:38 AM.

6. +1 by:

Pain is fear leaving your body.... rlovebk's Avatar
    +1
    r33, the person that started this thread IS explaining his own experience. He currently owns and rides a late model Yamaha. Enjoy your vacation and I am glad to read your FZS runs/works well for you.
    I have owned all 5 manufacturer's made ski's, including Yamaha's. Good and bad with all of them. I ride because I enjoy the heck out of it.

Mr. Reza we will ride out of LB on the 30th. We are taking along a SXR 800 and a Wave Blaster to Catalina. So it will be a s l o w trip...lol But fun. We are all getting older and like challenges. About 10-12 going so far. I am not closer to either as I live in the high desert!

I have not owned a Yamaha since 2011. The hull is the main reason why I would not buy a new one. This thread turned into a pisser 007GPR08 because some people do that on every thread they post in. It is exactly what you stated in your first post about stating your experience and moving on. One pump stuff and I was done.

Have fun folks. I'm out.

+1
    This is dock rash with 10 ft rope that happened at Catalina.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20140625_150114.jpg 
Views:	124 
Size:	82.8 KB 
ID:	337560   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20140625_202007.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	78.2 KB 
ID:	337561  

+1
    Hull is great,if you carefully pull up your ski in soft sand this is the minimum you expect.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20140625_150017.jpg 
Views:	126 
Size:	47.0 KB 
ID:	337562  

+1
    This new tech hull is LIGHT and STRONGER. Was that how Yamaha advertised it? I can't remember lol
    And when you hit rough water,get use to hearing cracks and flexing. Plastic pieces are cracking due to the flex of the hull hitting rough water, it transfers the load to everything inside and outside of the hull without any dampening of the impact but you know Yamaha has improved the hull quality ,they made it light and STRONGER lol

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainReza View Post
    This new tech hull is LIGHT and STRONGER. Was that how Yamaha advertised it? I can't remember lol
    And when you hit rough water,get use to hearing cracks and flexing. Plastic pieces are cracking due to the flex of the hull hitting rough water, it transfers the load to everything inside and outside of the hull without any dampening of the impact but you know Yamaha has improved the hull quality ,they made it light and STRONGER lol

Yes, that is in fact how yamaha advertised/advertises. Just Google-ed it & this is stated clearly on their web page.

I love yamaha engines...maybe I'll just do a conversion ski... 4-stroke in a gpr hull.

Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread Information