Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkCanuck View Post
    I can't believe this thread has 13 pages...

LMAO

+1
    Back to the main question " Yamaha Quality, Has it gone up or down?
    Having been a Yamaha Pwc Dealer for 25 years (now retired) The quality of the yamaha engines and pumps are some of the best products they have ever produced, Now for the hull. The hull quality and durability is at a all time low. This nano hull seams to be too thin and way too soft also cracks easely. It does not stand up as well as the older hulls do. The smc hulls seam to be much more durable, I dont know if any of you ever seen a orange and white 1994 700 raider. The hull was fiberglass just like some early superjets. They last and last and last. Super durable. I hope Yamaha steps up and gives us a quality hull to go along with the great powertrain they make now! Tommy Jordan

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 2fast4u View Post
    Having been a Yamaha Pwc Dealer for 25 years (now retired) The quality of the yamaha engines and pumps are some of the best products they have ever produced, Now for the hull. The hull quality and durability is at a all time low. This nano hull seams to be too thin and way too soft also cracks easely. It does not stand up as well as the older hulls do. The smc hulls seam to be much more durable, I dont know if any of you ever seen a orange and white 1994 700 raider. The hull was fiberglass just like some early superjets. They last and last and last. Super durable. I hope Yamaha steps up and gives us a quality hull to go along with the great powertrain they make now! Tommy Jordan
    Tommy.... your post w/25 years of experience as dealer means NOTHING .. don't believe me??? YoMamma's boy will be here shortly to prove it.... he's rebuttal will be "grow a pair".

4. +1 by:

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by YoYamma View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dckalop View Post
    So what good is great engine, electronics and reliability when the hull won't float from failure ? My ONLY issue /regret ever since buying this thing has been hull... nothing else, zero complaints otherwise... but it's pretty big F-ing deal... I mean there's NOTHING I can do to prevent potential catastrophic failure here (yea, I know, don't jump it, no roller trailers, float decks/docks, no beach it, etc. etc.)
    did yours fail? and how did it happen?
    Did not, and I hope it doesn't, I just bought it this past May and after I purchased it is when I learned about nano hull potential problems. I bought thinking IT'S YAMAHA = BULLET PROOF. It never occurred to me the damn hull could be issue, after all they advertise "stronger, lighter" .... it didn't take but 1 ride to realize the hull sounded much different on water than older ski's I've had... which lead to research which lead to all nano hull problem threads both here and other forums. Now every time I "jump" and hear loud hollow thump on hull or plastic creaking, I'm wondering if it's going to hold up ... others here have told me my solution is to "not jump" and other non-sense....
    Dude, you need to grow a pair and calm down. You have to realize, the people that are saying these things are a tiny minority on a board that is filled with satisfied users. We also have a plethora of owners on this forum that are pushing their skis FAR beyond the performance levels intended by the manufacturer; 80 mph, 85 mph, 90-plus, and many times the failures that get posted are assumed to be stock craft when they are not. Here's a 2010 supercharged Yamaha with over 500 hours of ocean racing and riding ON A NANOXEL HULL, WITH ORIGINAL SUPERCHARGER AND ZERO REPAIRS. Can you find anything like that anywhere else on this entire forum, with any other brand?

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=213118
    Yeah, grow a pair and answer this question...
    was it too difficult to answer?

+1
    I'm still waiting dckalop,
    a simple yes or no answer will suffice.

+1
    Interesting read.

http://watercraftjournal.com/incredi...cessful-forum/

Would a GPR SMC hull have the same issues at 90mph?

+1
    Tommy.... your post w/25 years of experience as dealer means NOTHING .. don't believe me??? YoMamma's boy will be here shortly to prove it.... he's rebuttal will be "grow a pair".
    Dckalop, I don't know what your problem is but I stand by my reputation of posting quality information on this forum ! Tommy Jordan
    Last edited by 2fast4u; 08-05-2014 at 03:49 PM.

+1
    Tommy, he was being sarcastic. He wanted to make a point that no matter who says what, certain people don't see a problem with their beloved machine.

10. +1 by:

MSX 150 guy lives on Mr. GP1800's Avatar
    +1
    I remember 2 years ago at the boat show I sat on the back deck of a Yamaha, I think it was an FX and it flexed under the weight of me sitting on it. Im 200 pounds. The Nano hull is the only thing that would keep me from buying a Yamaha. Its too bad, I love their engines. Maybe a conversion with a Yamaha 1.8 would be in my future rather than a new ski.

12. +1 by:

+1
    Dckalop, I don't know what your problem is but I stand by my reputation of posting quality information on this forum ! Tommy Jordan
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainReza View Post
    Tommy, he was being sarcastic. He wanted to make a point that no matter who says what, certain people don't see a problem with their beloved machine.
    Yea Tommy... I was being sarcastic, I actually value your opinion as dealer with your experience and you're speaking the truth, unlike some of the paid posters here.

14. +1 by:

Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread Information