Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

+1
    personally i pay the entrance fee for the ride,take part in the 50/50,buy the burgers all for a great cause.i also donate to the cancer society and hope it all goes to research

+1
    Bump. Only $295 donated to date!!!

Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by hill160881 View Post
    This is a very good idea but sadly.....
    I want a cure but won't donate to the million dollar a year salary to the CEO of a cancer nonprofit.
    Um, that would be Prostate Cancer Foundation, which is NOT the charity I am involved with. PCF appears to be based in Santa Monica, California.

As far as I know there is no connection between PCF and The Ride for Dad supported Prostrate Cancer Fight Foundation

PCFF, based in Canada, has a corporate sponsor which pays for much of the back office overhead. This allows the bulk of donations raised from the rides to go towards the targeted activities. The annual report can be found here.

Quote Originally Posted by Prostrate Cancer Fight Foundation
    Our Sponsors

The Ride For Dad is proud to count TELUS as a partner in the fight against prostate cancer!

TELUS, named the most outstanding philanthropic corporation globally for 2010 by the Association of Fundraising Professionals, has a proud history of supporting Canada’s cancer causes. Since 2000, TELUS has provided more than $10M in support of Canadian cancer causes. To learn more about TELUS please visit www.telus.com

The TELUS Ride For Dad welcomes the opportunity to work with businesses and organizations that want to join the fight against prostate cancer. Partnering with the Prostate Cancer Fight Foundation is an excellent way for a business or organization to show its support for men and their families battling this all-too-common and deadly cancer. We welcome new partnership ideas. To discuss partnership opportunities, please contact us.
    The mission of the TELUS Ride For Dad is to raise funds to save men’s lives by supporting prostate cancer research and raising public awareness of the disease.

Our goal is for men to continue to be there for their families and friends for years to come. The parade of vehicles grabs the attention of the masses and the media on ride day, the research helps find hope for the future and the awareness has the potential of saving men’s lives today.

We raise funds through large scale one-day motorcycle, snowmobile, watercraft and ATV ride events and through ongoing public fundraising throughout the year. TELUS Ride For Dad events take place in multiple cities across Canada, representing every Canadian province. To learn more about a ride in your city, please click here.

Since 2000, the TELUS Ride For Dad has donated more than 13 million dollars to the Prostate Cancer Fight Foundation, charitable number 85133 3179 RR0001, to support prostate cancer research and awareness in the communities where the funds were raised - we give where we ride!

The Ride For Dad is proud to count TELUS as a partner in the fight against prostate cancer!

TELUS, named the most outstanding philanthropic corporation globally for 2010 by the Association of Fundraising Professionals, has a proud history of supporting Canada’s cancer causes. Since 2000, TELUS has provided more than 10 million dollars in support of Canadian cancer causes...
    Last edited by K447; 07-05-2014 at 12:01 AM.

+1
    I am super sorry I got those two mixed up. I always research nonprofit organizations to make sure they are not paying there CEOs millions while people with little to no income die with cancer. I work with and help treat cancer patients as well as terminal patients or patients with chronic pain issues and think the profits made from the cancer and medical industry are sickening.

donation made.

5. +1 by:

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by hill160881 View Post

donation made.
    Thanks!

The charity industry has its issues, no doubt. Ride for Dad and PCFF is a grass roots organization that directs collected funds towards the communities in which it raises donations. A significant portion of the proceeds end up helping the very places and people that provide support.

+1
    The actual ride is next weekend.

If you can donate, please do so.

Thanks.

+1
    We need more people like you guys awesome job the money's only a little part the bigger part is awareness get checked out. this is local for me so I donate to all three snow , water , and bike so come on people get behind these guys and donate or take part
    Just had to say thank you to k447 / m447

+1
    I donated also and thank u for all the help from everybody on this forum thanks ben

10. +1 by:

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ben01251979 View Post
    I donated also and thank u for all the help from everybody on this forum

thanks ben
    Ben, thank you for stepping up!

For anyone who wants to check, my fundraising status and donations list can be viewed here.

Just snoozin' on the couch M447's Avatar
    +1
    Thank you to all of you who have donated to my ride. I am blown away by your generosity. I am just a handful of dollars shy of my $2500 goal. This is a charity that I am proud to raise funds for. As you know, all the funds that we raise go directly to research and education on Prostate Cancer.

Hill160881 raised an important point, that many charities raise funds that go directly to the leaders' pockets or pay other administrative bills. That is something we are careful to research before we offer any support. We all need to be aware of where our hard earned dollars go.

I also want to note that the Big Rideau Watercraft Ride For Dad is organized by longtime GH member and moderator, Boataddict. He mainly hangs out in Seadoo and Canada Rides. All of the regional ride organizers volunteer their time to make these rides successful. They put in countless hours.

K447 still has quite a way to go to reach his fundraising goal by Saturday. If you have been thinking about supporting his ride, it would be appreciated. Every dollar counts and is gratefully accepted.

Thanks so much,
    M447
    Last edited by K447; 07-09-2014 at 09:48 AM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information