Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post
    That looks like the seal for the impeller nose to the driveshaft.
    Is there a part number for this? I didn't see it in any diagram. I give up on the reverse lol. I have looked through every manual from 99-04 and still haven't unlocked the secret. I'm throwing up the white flag.

Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by rsracin05 View Post
    Is there a part number for this? I didn't see it in any diagram. I give up on the reverse lol. I have looked through every manual from 99-04 and still haven't unlocked the secret. I'm throwing up the white flag.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	66.6 KB 
ID:	333249

Item 18 part number 5410731 O-Ring

Polaris Industries cross reference says the same seal was used on lots of models 1998-2004

There are two variations. One is an actual o-ring that slides right into the impeller nose, the other is a molded, ribbed 'sleeve' that sits against and inside the impeller nose.

Part number 5411644 is the ribbed seal used on impellers made for Polaris by NuJet.

I think 5410731 is only used on impellers made by Skat.

+1
    ... I give up on the reverse lol. I have looked through every manual from 99-04 and still haven't unlocked the secret. I'm throwing up the white flag.

Views:	71 
Size:	70.8 KB 
ID:	333251

Which bolts did you remove? The inner number 9 or the outer number 12, per the diagram?

Once the outer bolts are removed, the housing may simply be stuck to the hull inside. I do not recall whether the reverse arm 14 must be removed before the motor will come out. The reverse motor lifts off into the hull.

+1
    ... I give up on the reverse lol. I have looked through every manual from 99-04 and still haven't unlocked the secret. I'm throwing up the white flag.

Views:	71 
Size:	70.8 KB 
ID:	333251

Which bolts did you remove? The inner number 9 or the outer number 12, per the diagram?

Once the outer bolts are removed, the housing may simply be stuck to the hull inside. I do not recall whether the reverse arm 14 must be removed before the motor will come out. The reverse motor lifts off into the hull.
    I removed #12 ,4 of them from outside of hull. I even tapped on the shaft from rev motor and still not loose. Maybe it comes off harder than I think.

+1

Polaris Industries cross reference says the same seal was used on lots of models 1998-2004

There are two variations. One is an actual o-ring that slides right into the impeller nose, the other is a molded, ribbed 'sleeve' that sits against and inside the impeller nose.

Part number 5411644 is the ribbed seal used on impellers made for Polaris by NuJet.

I have Item 18 in the impeller which I got at my dealer and installed. I thought this other part went into the hull where the shaft goes into the bearing carrier. 5411644 is shown on the virage parts diagram not the genesis.

+1

I have Item 18 in the impeller which I got at my dealer and installed. I thought this other part went into the hull where the shaft goes into the bearing carrier. 5411644 is shown on the virage parts diagram not the genesis.
    The seal type is matched to the impeller type. Skat manufactured impeller or non-Skat impeller.

Sometimes there are minor errors in the online parts diagrams.

+1
    I had to remove the arm on mine to get it out. There was sealent between the hull and bottom plate of the PERC housing. I put sealant on when I reinstalled the rev.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Tjdriver View Post
    I had to remove the arm on mine to get it out. There was sealent between the hull and bottom plate of the PERC housing. I put sealant on when I reinstalled the rev.
    I thought I felt some along the side of the motor. I guess ill cut what I can with a razor and then pry it up. Thanks

+1
    It's been a while since I pulled it, but I think I used a screw driver to pry up on it just enough to break the sealant loose. The inside of my rev box was corroded very badly. I managed to get it working again only to have it stop working a couple months later. The reverse was so slow I figured it's not that big of a necessity for me. That and the fact that replacements were in the $300 range. Eventually I'll get around to putting a replacement in there. lol

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Tjdriver View Post
    It's been a while since I pulled it, but I think I used a screw driver to pry up on it just enough to break the sealant loose. The inside of my rev box was corroded very badly. I managed to get it working again only to have it stop working a couple months later. The reverse was so slow I figured it's not that big of a necessity for me. That and the fact that replacements were in the $300 range. Eventually I'll get around to putting a replacement in there. lol
    Thanks the screwdriver did the trick, but now I cant get it out. I removed the arm so just the shaft is left but there is some glue or epoxy between the hull and reverse motor like what the zip tie holders are attached to the hull with. If I can cut that away I should be able to lift back of motor up to get the shaft through the hole and the motor out.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information