Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 30
  1. #11

    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Adelaide S. Australia
    Posts
    15
    just wondering if anyone has the part number on that stainless shaft please? I cant read the ones on the bottom of the image? cheers.


  2. #12
    JT jpt7779's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Pittsburg, Texas Lake Bob Sandlin
    Posts
    4,095
    +1
    795
    What year?

    Here is 2011 RXT-X info: http://partsfinder.onlinemicrofiche....TEM---INTERNAL

    Part # 22

    Year 2011-2015 RXT-X are all the same part number 271001719 which can be ordered right here in the online store, too easy!

    BTW, you should also replace the PTO seal bearing, oetiker clamps, floating ring, c-clip, carbon ring, and bellows.

  3. #13
    Site Admin Green Hulk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Morgan City, LA
    Posts
    37,557
    +1
    2,964
    Quote Originally Posted by jpt7779 View Post
    What year?

    Here is 2011 RXT-X info: http://partsfinder.onlinemicrofiche....TEM---INTERNAL

    Part # 22

    Year 2011-2015 RXT-X are all the same part number 271001719 which can be ordered right here in the online store, too easy!

    BTW, you should also replace the PTO seal bearing, oetiker clamps, floating ring, c-clip, carbon ring, and bellows.

    Thank you for your help with this thread. Great info!

    Jerry

  4. +1 by:


  5. #14

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Waterloo ON
    Posts
    377
    +1
    34
    Does the 2009 RXP 215 use the steel driveshaft?

  6. #15
    JT jpt7779's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Pittsburg, Texas Lake Bob Sandlin
    Posts
    4,095
    +1
    795
    If yours looks like parts 30 & 31 http://partsfinder.onlinemicrofiche....TEM---INTERNAL

    then YES, read post #3

  7. #16

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Waterloo ON
    Posts
    377
    +1
    34
    I was looking at buying a 2009, but if this drive shaft has issues, I may look for a 2008...I am guessing this is mostly for salt water users??

  8. #17
    JT jpt7779's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Pittsburg, Texas Lake Bob Sandlin
    Posts
    4,095
    +1
    795
    Fresh water or salt water does not matter, anyone still using this style of drive shaft with the screw on floating ring is playing Russian roulette with their ski!

    Most people on this forum are aware of this issue and have been long changed out.

  9. #18

    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    213
    +1
    16
    Hi,

    I have a 2010 RXT-X 260 RS... How would I check if I have the correct drive shaft or not? What do you guys mean by "Screw on floating ring" ??


    P.S. I need to urgently get a workshop manual... I can't carry on like this

  10. #19
    EVN81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Terschelling - the Netherlands
    Posts
    653
    +1
    59
    Quote Originally Posted by SinWolf View Post
    Hi,

    I have a 2010 RXT-X 260 RS... How would I check if I have the correct drive shaft or not? What do you guys mean by "Screw on floating ring" ??


    P.S. I need to urgently get a workshop manual... I can't carry on like this
    Wrong type driveshafts have a rubber coating around them. You can see it from under the ski through the intake grate.

    http://www.brpmanuals.com

  11. #20

    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    213
    +1
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by EVN81 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SinWolf View Post
    Hi,

    I have a 2010 RXT-X 260 RS... How would I check if I have the correct drive shaft or not? What do you guys mean by "Screw on floating ring" ??


    P.S. I need to urgently get a workshop manual... I can't carry on like this
    Wrong type driveshafts have a rubber coating around them. You can see it from under the ski through the intake grate.

    http://www.brpmanuals.com
    Dammit

    Mine has the rubber coating

    www.brpmanuals.com doesn't seem to have the normal 2010 manuals... ONLY 2010 IS (suspension) models...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. 2009 gti carbon seal stuffed! Driveshaft replacement?
    By xrmanic in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 07-04-2017, 04:19 AM
  2. 2009 RXT IS IBR and driveshaft problems
    By Corn in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 08-06-2015, 12:22 PM
  3. 2009 FX-SHO driveshaft problem after prop change
    By SOV in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-15-2015, 02:51 PM
  4. 2014 FZR/FZS SVHO Driveshaft Different from 2009-2013???
    By bscpaint in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 08-06-2014, 03:21 PM
  5. 2009 rxt is 255 driveshaft help
    By starter99 in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 09-03-2009, 11:42 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •