Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    +1
    If you put two on the ski which is required and put the trim up some to raise the bow you won't be doing flips but can have fun. With wake boarding or any type of pulling toys the ultra is the best choice. Best low end torque, the weight and hull design to help keep control and not get pulled around.

+1
    Can someone please explain the triim to me? I understand the effect it has on the nozzle just not the end results.

+1
    It's main function as on any vessel is to have the thrust as perfectly to parallel to your motion as possible giving you the most efficient propulsion. In situations such as rough seas or other specific needs you can use it to alter the trim of the vessel being bow up or down.

+1
    At a slower speed you can trim down to have the bow from raising up giving you a slower planing speed. Trimming it up, this raises the bow pushing the stern lower in the water since you will displace the same amount of water either way. This will create a larger wake from being deeper and the water needing to come back up to fill the void created by the vessel.

+1
    Is there a rule of thumb for trimm and the type of riding? Would something like this be a good starting point?

fast long turns =trimm (down) due to the hull leveling out
    tight turns =trimm (up) due to hard and ofter excel

+1
    I think i had the above settings backwards. I found a very helpful video about trimm. Thanks for the info tho Lasportsmn

I like to ride with the Trim set to the middle.

I don't tow much so not sure where you would set it if you were towing. It moves fast so testing it out would be very easy to see your liking.

+1
    Yes your initial post was backwards. Glad we could help.

+1
    skim boarding behind a ski is great time. I wake board but behind the jetski i use the skimboard. rubber mat for the back foot and regular surf wax for your front foot. keep most weight shifted to back. Skimboarding without the fin is best. You can learn to spin like a top and carve quite well. On top of that it also makes you a better wake boarder. Just stay in the glass.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by mikemounlio View Post
    I dont know about the premium gas! something i will have to look into now.

DH300 thanks for the numbers. One last question on the topic tho. the 80-90 miles you mention is that until the low fuel light comes on? Or is that until you run empty? (i would guess until the light but i just wanna be sure)

What would be a good addition to the ski- Wakeboarding is out due to lack of wake. I snowboard each year so i would love to somehow tie that skill into a water sport.
    I snowboard also and you'll love wake boarding. Like I said earlier though, if your just being towed around the ski will work but it gets old. A true wake boarding boat (malibu, master craft, centurion etc...) is the way to go. It sets the wakes up right to jump. You can modify a normal I/O boat with Fat Sacs (ballast bags) to add weight to the stern of the boat to set up bigger wakes. It's not as good as a true inboard but will work and get you to start jumping wake to wake.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information