Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by raceneked View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by skipSC View Post
    The law enforcement presence was stifling in Palm Beach. It showed cops in practily SWAT gear standing in the water on sandbars. The problem is in their attempt to keep just one person from being hurt, it totally destroys the vibe for everybody else.
    What were they going to do? shoot a drunken swimmer? Woulkd'ave been great to see them trying to save a drowning person - they would'ave taken them to the bottom even faster with all that gear on
    What a bunch of dumb-asses...
    Not called the goon squad for nothin'. Just crazy how the goon squaddery is creeping into every aspect of our lives...but we're just paranoid...nothing to see here...move along.

+1
    Martin Co. had LE attendance, it was there, but not in your face.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by skipSC View Post
    The law enforcement presence was stifling in Palm Beach. It showed cops in practily SWAT gear standing in the water on sandbars. The problem is in their attempt to keep just one person from being hurt, it totaly destroys the vibe for everybody else.
    Yep, that's our good 'ol Ric Bradshaw for ya. The "wet foot dry foot" alcohol ban on Peanut Island is retarded. Too many rowdy 20-somethings anchored on the sandbar, so they don't let anyone on the island drink...huh??? I've had way more problems being harassed by LEO's with an attitude out there on holidays than I ever had dealing with the drunk & rowdy crowd. PBSO's scorched earth tactics really do kill the fun for everyone.

+1
    From my home town waters over last weekend...

http://bellmore.patch.com/groups/pol...t&newsRef=true

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by STUNNA View Post
    From my home town waters over last weekend...

http://bellmore.patch.com/groups/pol...t&newsRef=true
    Sounds like the emergency response was top notch. Other than that the reason why this story has a happy ending is mainly because I'm sure they had on PFD's...something swimming drowning victims don't have on.

+1
    PFD's yes but appropriate wet suits for current water temps? I doubt it. Hypothermia will get you even if you don't drown. I'm still wearing a full 5/4 with 5mm boots up here.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by STUNNA View Post
    PFD's yes but appropriate wet suits for current water temps? I doubt it. Hypothermia will get you even if you don't drown. I'm still wearing a full 5/4 with 5mm boots up here.
    That's true as well..there's a big difference between being in the water for a few seconds while boarding or something compared to being in the water after a wipe out for an extended amount of time.

flyin' the friendly skies airbornexp's Avatar
    +1
    Got to play firefighter today. Coming into the basin where the ramp is I spot 50+ boat surrounding the coast where a boat was on fire. The ramp was across the basin so the fire department was helpless. I went over and talked to the chief and asked if I could help. He said the gas tank already popped so go for it. After about 12 passes gently whipping the back end of the ski out of the water, as controlled as I could, put some spray on the fully engulfed boat... the fire was out. As I was pulling away I looked around and everyone has their phones out taking video. I'm sure I'm going to make Facebook or YouTube this evening.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by airbornexp View Post
    Got to play firefighter today. Coming into the basin where the ramp is I spot 50+ boat surrounding the coast where a boat was on fire. The ramp was across the basin so the fire department was helpless. I went over and talked to the chief and asked if I could help. He said the gas tank already popped so go for it. After about 12 passes gently whipping the back end of the ski out of the water, as controlled as I could, put some spray on the fully engulfed boat... the fire was out. As I was pulling away I looked around and everyone has their phones out taking video. I'm sure I'm going to make Facebook or YouTube this evening.
    Post that if and when you find any video of that. lol

flyin' the friendly skies airbornexp's Avatar
    +1
    Will do, haven't seen anything yet

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information