Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I have a pdf copy of the service manual for the 300x/lx. how do I put it on here?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by CaviTATOR View Post
    I have a pdf copy of the service manual for the 300x/lx. how do I put it on here?
    You don't. That is copyright infringement and illegal it will be deleted.

I bought a New 2014 310X SE. It has 13.5 hours on it. Two days ago I rode it on a calm water lake. It had 12.5 hours and it was the first time to run it at full throttle. The ski would only do 57-59 mph and tach 7000 of 8000 red line rpm. At full throttle it 57mph the boost was reading 9-11. I shone a light into the pump and intake which were both new condition, no damage. Running 91 octane, ethanol free Shell gas. Is anyone familiar with this issue or having any suggestions.
    Thanks

+1
    Sorry to tell you, but your ski needs a new ECU. the early '14s had a problem that would pull them back to about where you are. Some people have gotten a free one from their dealer. People with first-hand experience can help you more on this.

I just read some of the older posts addressing this issue but no links or solid info on recalls. The dealer should have been aware of the problem. I asked before I wrote out the check is there any problem areas with this model. I called two dealers today and neither one seemed well versed with this problem. Hate to say it but my 2014 Yamaha 1100 VF Deluxe at a measly 110HP is just as fast top speed as this Dog. Having never ridden any other Kawasaki 310X would it be fair to assume this ECU problem is reducing power thru out the entire power band? Everything I've read says the 310X is the hardest accelerating stock machine out there. I hate to see second or third. If this is the best it can do I want my money back.

6. +1 by:

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by rivet1 View Post
    I just read some of the older posts addressing this issue but no links or solid info on recalls. The dealer should have been aware of the problem. I asked before I wrote out the check is there any problem areas with this model. I called two dealers today and neither one seemed well versed with this problem. Hate to say it but my 2014 Yamaha 1100 VF Deluxe at a measly 110HP is just as fast top speed as this Dog. Having never ridden any other Kawasaki 310X would it be fair to assume this ECU problem is reducing power thru out the entire power band? Everything I've read says the 310X is the hardest accelerating stock machine out there. I hate to see second or third. If this is the best it can do I want my money back.
    It is extrwmely quick out of the hole in good shape. The ECU might not be your issue if it feels sluggish to that 57 mph. Especially sluggish enough to be compared to a VX110. Lol. I think the guys with the issue said it pulled hard to normal top speed and then pulled back down to 59-61. Check for boost leaks.

Take the time to smile sirbreaksalot's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by rivet1 View Post
    it OBVIOUS your ski has an issue, because a vx110 yami is the slowest ski on the market !!!!!!

.1 its crapped the exh filter due to previous owner never clearing the waterbox ( not the skies fault )
    .2 its got a blocked fuel filter ( not the skies fault ) people using cheap shitty fuels
    .3 you using learner key
    .4 the throttle is not going 100% throttle
    .5 you have a fish in your intercooler
    .6you have a major boost leak

thats just for starters, either way SOMETHING is not right, because it impossible for your Yami to be even close to a correctly running 310x

Waz

Rode my 2014 310X SE 2 days ago with Go Pro camera. I did a series of full throttle runs. Each time the ski would accelerate up to a max of 61.The max rpm varied between 7100- 7600. Each run as the ski went thru about 58 mph the boost pressure would drop from aprox 15 to 9-11 along with the rpm. The next day I took it, to the dealer with the video. They called the hotline and called me about an hour later said the ECU was bad and new one will be in early next week. If you have the same problem I suggest shoot a video that they can see the parameters. Saves them a huge amount of time. I''ll be back on the water by mid week and follow up on how it runs.

10. +1 by:

+1
    Very good post and info here. I will be pursuing some mods for my 250x. I would like to get a 300 or 310, but not in the family plan right now.

+1
    Mods to do for your 250x are preventative mods and free simple mods.

*You need to upgrade (if you have not already) your pump bearings.
    *You need to change oil every 25 hrs (Gas in oil)
    *Always check for proper supercharger tension with Specific tool.

Mods
    *Add washers to seat platform to allow air to vent into the hull.
    *Riva plate for top speed on glass
    *4 degree timing mod (dremel timing wheel) use 93 octane
    *Remove and block off BOV
    *Cut relief valve hoses from airbox. No reason to suck in hot air into intake
    *There is a simple Intercooler mod that will lower temps. House reroute.

Sorry I dont have pictures or links but this will get your head spinning. What did I miss?

13. +1 by:

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information