Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    +1
    Sucks that it didn't turn out as everyone had liked or envisioned. I personally thought there would be more people show for both events. I figured people would come to race and ride, and vice versa. I was expecting a large turnout from the locals at Lake End. All week we had heard from local business people that Jerry was expecting alot of skis. As it turns out it was just the opposite. We, our crew, drove for 20 plus hours, and were there on Monday, rode all week, went to the races on saturday by water, sat there for a long long time with no action, then left. Came back by truck on Sunday, caught the 112 mph record pass and stayed until the lunch break. Almost everyone we saw there was a Mudbugger. Myself,Olivia, Addicted, Vman and Laura, Ian and Will, the English guys, Troy and deb, Fullboogie, Bryant and Steph, Alex Baker, etc. so we were there in force. We go to ride and enjoy the company. Duke, unfortunately had commitments and couldnt ride with us. We have driven over 15,000 miles to and from Morgan City, so yes we are committed Mudbuggers, and I do take slight offense to reading that someone is disappointed in us for not participating more. I honestly feel that had there been some banners or more eye catching promotion, then more locals would have had showed. Hindsight is 20/20

+1
    I applaud the Jersey Crew and those like them that put in the effort, time, and money to make Mudbugs. (Of course the same goes for any of the folks involved in the Lake Palourde events.) You guys did it right and big! Obviously you can take a week of your life and go anywhere - but you choose the grueling trip, including having to drag the bikes, to Morgan City. Really, wow! You guys are Mudbug Ambassadors!

+1
    Not sure how it was promoted within the racing circuit or locally, although I did pick up a brochure at Shoney's Friday night after getting off the water at dark.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread Information