Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Krispy View Post
    ?.. Need one for a 2 seadoo models.
    This thread is about a version of the product for Polaris watercraft.

For Seadoo models contact the company directly.

Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Krispy View Post
    ?.. Need one for a 2 seadoo models.
    This thread is about a version of the product for Polaris watercraft.

For Seadoo models contact the company directly.
    I'm sure the poster knows that. Please keep in mind that there is very limited info out there on this product, and there are a lot of people curious about it's capabilities and availability. This thread just happens to contain more information about this product than just about any other, and therefore turns up in more searches. It's very strange why no information is being made public about something that could help a lot of us out.

Correct, found this through a google search. Just interested in the thread, subscribing.

Guys, we just announced we will start shipping the Sea Doo, Yamaha, and Kawasaki versions of the GPS modules. Since this is a Polaris thread, we can discuss how to adapt the system for the Polaris models.

The Candoopro GPS module is pretty flexible on how it drives the display. There are two major systems in use out there today:

1. The later Sea Doo and Yamaha FX Cruiser models power the hall sensor in the paddle wheel using the same wire they sense the pulses.
    2. Other Yamaha models and all Kawasaki models power the hall effect sensor via switched power, and have a separate pulse line.

So we basically have two main versions of our system, per the two different ways that skis are configured today. Everything else is just connectors.

If someone wants to do some legwork on the connectors, post some photos here and I can look into sourcing them, and shipping Polaris version of our system. Or you can simply purchase the correct version and cut and splice into your existing harness. It is pretty straightforward.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by CANDooPro View Post
    Guys, we just announced we will start shipping the Sea Doo, Yamaha, and Kawasaki versions of the GPS modules. Since this is a Polaris thread, we can discuss how to adapt the system for the Polaris models.

If someone wants to do some legwork on the connectors, post some photos here and I can look into sourcing them, and shipping Polaris version of our system. Or you can simply purchase the correct version and cut and splice into your existing harness. It is pretty straightforward.
    What information do you need beyond what is shown in these photos and this post?

I am willing to do testing and provide feedback. I also know my way around electronics and electrical systems.

PM me if you want to connect with me more directly or perhaps send me a unit to work with.

What connector is used to mate with the Seadoo or Yamaha FX Cruiser version of the Candoo product?

Perhaps the straightforward approach is to make a short adapter wire harness to connect between the stock Candoo product and the Sumitomo connector used on the Polaris wire harness.

Ah, thanks for the photo. I have found stock in the US on that Sumitomo connector. The Polaris will use the Sea Doo version of circuit, but with the Polaris connector.

I will place an order for the connectors on Tuesday and will advise delivery. If you wanted one this week, I can give you instructions on how to adapt the Sea Doo version to work with your existing connector if you want to cut and splice.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by CANDooPro View Post
    Ah, thanks for the photo. I have found stock in the US on that Sumitomo connector. The Polaris will use the Sea Doo version of circuit, but with the Polaris connector.

I will place an order for the connectors on Tuesday and will advise delivery. If you wanted one this week, I can give you instructions on how to adapt the Sea Doo version to work with your existing connector if you want to cut and splice.
    I don't need the Candoo device instantly.

If you are able to source the correct Sumitomo connector to mate with the Polaris MSX wire harness then let's do it that way.

I am of course happy to provide feedback and testing comments.
    Last edited by K447; 09-01-2014 at 11:19 AM.

MSX 150 guy lives on Mr. GP1800's Avatar
    +1
    Im im for a Sea Doo one since my Matrix has a Deutsch connector on the speed sensor.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by BryanP View Post
    Im im for a Sea Doo one since my Matrix has a Deutsch connector on the speed sensor.
    So you just order it directly from CANDooPro then?

Hey, the Polaris version of this might be the first Polaris part that will be sold from Jerry's online store!

10. +1 by:

MSX 150 guy lives on Mr. GP1800's Avatar
    +1
    I will buy through Jerry's store. Im ordering it today. I will wait until the Polaris version is available for my msx.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread Information