Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by wax View Post
    That's the transom support he makes for surf skis. It really strengthens up the back of the ski
    Aaaaahhaaaa...... Got it !!!!

Not that you need it. going off your avatar you need front support for your hull not rear lol

Got all the bilge pumps fitted, water plumbing pretty much finished. Fuel lines all but done. I'm just waiting on some small electrical parts and I will be ready to fire it up.

+1
    Got all the bilge pumps fitted, water plumbing pretty much finished. Fuel lines all but done. I'm just waiting on some small electrical parts and I will be ready to fire it up.
    More pics please !!!

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyA View Post
    More pics please !!!
    Ok no problem. I will get some more this week

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyA View Post
    More pics please !!!
    Ok no problem. I will get some more this week
    I'll be here !!! lol....

I went and picked up the finial parts for the carbs today.
    So I will have those on this weekend and then its just a few hoses to hook up and waiting on a part for the ignition.

I went through the carbs, it looks like they never had fuel in them they are that clean. I went for the upgraded fuel pumps to help the pumps live in the 65u platform.
    I also dropped the pop off pressure to 25 psi to get the low speed jets in there fast.
    I will start with
    125 low
    110 high
    this is just a base setting to get me on the water but it should be close
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jets.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	55.8 KB 
ID:	341539  

+1

- I went for the upgraded fuel pumps to help the pumps live in the 65u platform.

- I also dropped the pop off pressure to 25 psi to get the low speed jets in there fast

- I will start with
    125 low
    110 high
    this is just a base setting to get me on the water but it should be close

Hey there Wax..

Looking forward to hearing the initial results..

- few questions for you.
    What are the upgraded fuel pumps you mentioned.?

25psi pop off seems really low on a 65u motor. thoughts on curing any potential dribbling issues.?

Curious about your jetting choice.. from the factory the 65u come in at 235 total jetting points
    --(well on #1 its 100p + 135m,. #2 95p + 135m,. #3 97.5p +135m)

Wondering how you worked out you jetting Numbers..??

The 125 pilot jet I can see with the major timing you've got gong on.!

Not getting my head around the reverse jetting on more or less stock 44 BN's (other than the taper boring modification you've done.)
    Will the case mods and porting significantly increase the air/fuel velocity through the motor.?
    or will the much lighter hull reduce the fuel load requirement.?

In my mind.
    I'm seeing everything that can be increased, is being increased.
    - Compression, Cylinder Porting(width and duration), Case porting, Ignition timing, Intake modifications including reeds, Cooling system modifications, Exhaust system mods.

Would like to hear your thoughts on your jetting starting point..

I would hate to hear you stuck a piston on a WFO pass..!!

Oh and I BET there was little or no change out a hundred dollars for that little bag of parts..

---- just noticed that was my 1000th post ----
    Last edited by quadzilla; 09-12-2014 at 01:36 AM. Reason: 1000th post

Hey quadzilla.
    Good questions. The 65u does have an issue with dribbing from the jets but I think its more that the engine shakes so much, wait till its got 33 degrees timing in it, Its going to shake big time.
    Im running 2mm n/s instead of the normal 2.3 to help the seat actually have a chance. Alot of the time people run skis with worn piviot arms this also shakes the seat alot and makes them dribble. I will double up on the anti siphon valve and hope for the best.

The jet numbers that yamaha uses are for a stock boat. this boat is going to pull alot harder through the carbs and thus have a greater pressure drop across the jet. This means that each jet flows more. Its quite common for people to think that the bigger the jets but in reality you quite often go down in jetsizes when you use the same carbs because of the extra signal generated.

Reverse jetting is a great thing and it works like this.

Because we have a carburator the fuel is always playing catch up.
    Lets think what happens when you pull full throttle in a jet ski
    The throttle plate opens ,
    This makes the air speed up
    A low pressure is generated to the high speed air in the venturi.
    The pressure in the fuel chamber is higher than the pressure in the carb and the pressure on the back of diphram pushes fuel through the jets.

This all takes time and because of this we get a lag, im not talking about a lean bog im talking about a lag which you would not normally notice.
    however if we run bigger lows and lower pop off then the fuel starts to flow earlier. this means the difference between the finger mashing and the fuel flow is greatly reduced.
    Thats one benefit

Second benefit
    The crank does about 5 revolutions on average before the fuel is delievered to the cylinder( smarter minds then me figured that one out )
    So the extra fuel floating around really helps with response

It also has an added benefit of that the extra fuel in your crank cases keeps the cases cool. This gives you a massive torque hit when you grab the throttle.

Now your thinking but that will make a rich stumble and you would be right. This is the benefit of the programable timing. A rich mixture burns slow you put heaps of timing to give it chance to burn this overly rich mixture. It makes it sound like a drag car down low, in fact this is one of the reasons they sound like they do. But boy when you hit the throttle it launches like nothing else.

Re every thing being modified yes pretty much every thing is increased in this engine. Yamaha make them very mild so 2 big fat ladies can troll around towing there husbands on a ring, running on last years fuel. Ha ha

+1
    Hey quadzilla.

Yamaha make them very mild so 2 big fat ladies can troll around towing there husbands on a ring, running on last years fuel. Ha ha
    Now then my friend, that is the quote of the year for me..!!

Erm..?
    - you may have a slight miscalculation on your hands here.

The stock 44BN's came with a 1.2 N/S on the 65u motors.

On a 2mm N/S combo and 30+ degrees of timing.. dribbling could become gushing.?

Real nice write up on everything else..
    - this is the kind of info a lot of the guys still running carbs would find useful.

5 revolution seems pretty plausible.
    - a quick mental arithmetic gives me..
    at idle, (which for ease of working out) we'll call it 1200rpm, which equals 20rpm per second.
    meaning about a quarter second from throttle pull to fuel in the cylinder or five revolutions..

still looking for more pictures...
    Last edited by quadzilla; 09-12-2014 at 01:37 AM.

Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread Information