Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    +1
    I disconnected the hose from the deck, shoved a "AA" battery in it and clamped it off. That was before it left the showroom floor. Lol

2. +1 by:

Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by RickWhite View Post
    Seems like 5/8 od and 1/2 id
    I have been using these Antelco green-back irrigation valves in the 3/4" size as emergency shut-off valves prior to towing (cooling water feed hose).

I could not say whether the 1/2" size would be compact enough to fit into the space under the Yamaha rear deck. If someone tries one and it works well, please post up photos and comments.

Jefferson City MO (Ride at Lake of the Ozarks)
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by kwtony View Post
    Some people like having that spray because it let's other boats know where they are at. I'm personally not a fan. Before I'll even start a brand new ski' I'll go to the back and cut that damn hose.

Buuuuuut, since the Admiral says she wants it one way...I wouldn't even give her a reason to bitch for one second, and do it EXACTLY as she wants you too. Hell, Id take a photo of the modification and frame for her! Id at least be glad shell at least let you have the option to turn it off, that's a win in my book.
    It also lets the local water patrol see if you are over idle in no wake zones, from a distance. I have at least two aquaintances that got ticketed at Lake of the Ozarks from that method. Basically they say if the spout goes up high you are on the throttle. Never mind the fact you need to blip the throttle to steer the pwc, hello McFly

+1
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20140202_142806.jpg 
Views:	181 
Size:	63.7 KB 
ID:	322341Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20140202_142946.jpg 
Views:	205 
Size:	62.1 KB 
ID:	322339 I used a shark valve from home depot for plastic water lines. Works great. Just don't use the factory hose at 80+mph in the closed position. It split the hose in half.

+1
    Thanks everybody! Turns out she is amenable to just disconnecting the hose--but would want to zip tie it somewhere.

I never really looked under there, but after seeing 800's pics, I'm thinking, "Why not remove the hose altogether and instead of using the JB Weld maybe get a plug from the plumbing supply store?"

+1
    I just have mine to keep it as a sleeper since the outside of the ski looks like a stock 2001 gp1200r. Love having a new ski roll up on me thinking it is a low 60mph ski then when I pass them at 80 they are like WTF!

I put one of these valves on my two FXHOs--

http://www.usplastic.com/catalog/ite...4324&catid=437

I use the spray about half the time--- especially when we're on a long river trip with a bunch of other folks--- makes it easy for my wife to tell where I am and vice versa.(our group could spread out almost a mile) I do trun it off in the spring and fall when the water temps drop.

+1
    Spray is good when in the surf so people can see you.

+1

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by DrivingZiggy View Post
    Okay, so it seems that everybody we ride with complains about the "gay spray." So the wife found a neat little ball valve that was the right size to just screw onto the bottom of the spray nozzle. Alas, we thought the nipple would be part of the plastic nut that holds the nozzle on instead of being a part of the nozzle. So it didn't work--the nipple will not fit through the valve/fitting.

So then we went to Home Depot and all they have is female-ended ball valves. So then we start looking online and can find "fuel shut off valves" that have the nipple on both ends that would work perfectly! Alas (again) they all seem to be 1/4 inch.

Anybody know of a for sure part number or product description to a ball valve that will work?
    This is what I used - http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003B6KXWU/

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information