Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by smokeysevin View Post
    Well you will need to move some stuff around if you use the ultra harness, if you just use the ultra plugs on the 15f harness it will be easier but not easy.

Wait to hear back from motec, they should have or be able to make one but if not try and find something for the ultra. If you dont mind moving stuff id go with the ultra 300 harness so you can add stuff like trim later. The only problem there is you need the drive by wire throttle so a 250/260/ultra lx harness may be easier.

Sean
    All right, thanks a lot Sean. I will wait for Motec, and see which way to go. I know it won't be easy, but not impossible.. Just a little bit more work

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by shaby_FZR View Post
    Damned, that's a lot of work!
    Yes for sure, but what a great day when it will first start.. it's worth it

3. +1 by:

My name is Sean and I am addicted to STXs smokeysevin's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by XavierTahiti View Post
    Damned, that's a lot of work!
    Yes for sure, but what a great day when it will first start.. it's worth it
    It is exciting to hear ot run the first time but that is only the beginning, tuning props and the ecu doesnt happen overnight.

Sean

+1
    Looking forward to see/hear it.
    I think Xavier is gonna start with the impeller of my gprxp
    Time to muscle up...lol

Yeah so much exciting! But it's even more when you find the right tuning between propeller and ECU, AFR and timing, etc.. going for a looonnnggg trip with this ski, but in the end (if engine don't blow before that.. lol) it will be a lot of fun

By the way, I found an M400 Just got to find the harness now

Looking forward to see/hear it.
    I think Xavier is gonna start with the impeller of my gprxp
    Time to muscle up...lol
    Hahahaha! You looks affraid I could start the 15F before I finish your GPRXP Turbo man..! Don't worry, I've been dreaming of this ski since I first rode my GPR, 8 years ago..! Think we'll be riding it by the end of the month! cross fingers!

8. +1 by:

Answer of Motec came early this morning :

"Hi Xavier,

Unfortunately we don't have wiring harnesses for the STX-15F ski. However with an M400 and a generic wiring harness you will be able to run the ski. This will require you to splice the M400 wiring into the factory wiring harness.

Please note: By removing the factory ECU and replacing it with an M400 the ski's dash will no longer function.

Regards,"

Well, it's going to be a M400 with a modified OEM harness no worries and thanks to Motec

+1
    That's a quick answer. Nice!I will have to go Motec one day...

Sean is right.. doing the wiring is a pain in the ass. I've done mine 3 times now and it still isn't done well... you really need to have a plan going into it. By that I mean you need to run all the wires on the side of the connector they are going to go (atleast in my case). This whole process has been a big learning curve. Sean may be able to answer, but I think the best route honestly (which I would have done if I didn't do this all already) would be to buy a 250x harness (which most of the connectors should be the same as a 15f). Since the ECU is in the front of these skis, they already have an extension (which I had to manually add) to get the ecu to the front of the boat. Secondly then you could just by an adapter from Motec and use what ecu you want, just cut off the motec end or adapt to that (the connectors are readily available). I have attached several iterations of what I've gone through.

Also you need to do a bunch of modifications to the crank case while you have this all apart... if not you will blow oil everywhere. Also need to add a second catch can (modified with stainless mesh) (thanks Waz) to help catch excess blow by, and drain back into the engine via the front timing cover. The whole process is tons of work. I have 20k easy in mine (lots of learning, breaking things, etc.) These things will have so much power that they will bend the steering cable in half, rip out the threads on the skat steering nozzles (had the entire steering nozzle blow off), etc. I have learned a lot in the process (started in 2006), but I would try to pick everyones brain and try to do all these very necessary mods initially vs piece meal like I did. Will save yourself tons of time and money. Everyone has already given excellent advice.

James

12. +1 by:

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread Information