Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Waterholics View Post
    Alright, so I don't want to be looking for a new hull so I will order the pump tunnel reinforcement and in the mean time I won't install the Athena. Going to leave the stock brain in and run it around 75 mph to make sure everything else is working fine. When the pump tunnel arrives however its all out
    Good choice...the tunnel re-inforce is 100% necessary, there have been too many "got lucky" stoires then BAM! They cracked their tunnel.

You can do this...it just takes a long time to do it. Love your build...keep going, it all pays off when you blow away a Sea Dookey and wave bye, bye.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Pistonwash View Post
    Alright, so I don't want to be looking for a new hull so I will order the pump tunnel reinforcement and in the mean time I won't install the Athena. Going to leave the stock brain in and run it around 75 mph to make sure everything else is working fine. When the pump tunnel arrives however its all out
    Good choice...the tunnel re-inforce is 100% necessary, there have been too many "got lucky" stoires then BAM! They cracked their tunnel.

You can do this...it just takes a long time to do it. Love your build...keep going, it all pays off when you blow away a Sea Dookey and wave bye, bye.
    Thanks alot man. There are 2 Sea-Doos down here right now that I can't wait to catch on the water with my new setup.

+1
    Everything is back up and running. Gonna take it out tomorrow for it's first test, so stay tuned. Sorry about the messy engine bay. This ski was unfortunately not taken care off by me. Engine TLC project is coming soon

2014-02-25 09.20.18 by kristiankeppel, on Flickr

2014-02-25 09.20.03 by kristiankeppel, on Flickr

2014-02-25 09.19.48 by kristiankeppel, on Flickr

2014-02-25 09.19.33 by kristiankeppel, on Flickr

2014-02-25 09.19.20 by kristiankeppel, on Flickr

+1
    How did you go mate what mph?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by fzsaust View Post
    How did you go mate what mph?
    I didn't GPS it. Waiting on the pump tunnel reinforcement before I install the Athena and take it all the way. got in the stock ECU till I get the reinforcement.

+1
    update?

+1
    It's been a while since I've even touched this ski. I just started my mechanical engineering degree and haven't been getting any time to work on this ski. Fortunately summer just started and I'm free (for atleast 4 months).

So I started by installing the pump tunnel reinforcement as many suggested. Thanks to Gus for that thread on installing the reinforcement, otherwise I may not have done it. I used a dremel to cut the liner and spray painted the reinforcement black to give it a more factory look. I used Six10 epoxy to seal it up and used the remainder of the second tube to fill the voids in my transom.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cRr9ke.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	77.6 KB 
ID:	360950

In terms of modifications I did some small changes since. First I swapped out the Athena for a Vi-PEC a platform which I am used to tuning on. Also bored the transom to 160mm and sealed it up with black 5200 slow cure, installed a 160mm liner and prop and also decided to drop in a RIVA 160mm 12 vein pump. The whole purpose of all these pump mods is to hopefully eliminate cavitation and still have a reasonable top speed. I still have some minor work in terms of using a dremel to match the transom to the intake grate.

Name:	S2ZKCy.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	103.7 KB 
ID:	360951Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSgfvQ.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	92.7 KB 
ID:	360952Click image for larger version. 

Name:	u4XGPf.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	34.9 KB 
ID:	360953

Last but not least I am installing a new fuel system. Full AN -6 firrings and braided nylon hose throughout. I have a fuel rail from Danny which is going on with the fuel system.

Hopefully if everything runs smooth it should be ready for pump tuning by next week Sunday.

+1
    I'm doing the same mods regarding the pump, can't wait to see what your final choice is on prop, nozzle and cone. Are you going to go with a twin or single prop?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by badjoka View Post
    I'm doing the same mods regarding the pump, can't wait to see what your final choice is on prop, nozzle and cone. Are you going to go with a twin or single prop?
    I have a skat single 15/23 that I'm going to try first. It will probably need to be pitched to a 14/22 depending on what RPM/s I decide to run. The reason for doing all those pump mods were to hopefully not have to use twins. With my current setup I hope to have no cavitation but if I do I am willing to go with twins

+1
    It's been a while since I've even touched this ski. I just started my mechanical engineering degree and haven't been getting any time to work on this ski. Fortunately summer just started and I'm free (for atleast 4 months).

So I started by installing the pump tunnel reinforcement as many suggested. Thanks to Gus for that thread on installing the reinforcement, otherwise I may not have done it. I used a dremel to cut the liner and spray painted the reinforcement black to give it a more factory look. I used Six10 epoxy to seal it up and used the remainder of the second tube to fill the voids in my transom.

Name:	cRr9ke.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	77.6 KB 
ID:	360950

In terms of modifications I did some small changes since. First I swapped out the Athena for a Vi-PEC a platform which I am used to tuning on. Also bored the transom to 160mm and sealed it up with black 5200 slow cure, installed a 160mm liner and prop and also decided to drop in a RIVA 160mm 12 vein pump. The whole purpose of all these pump mods is to hopefully eliminate cavitation and still have a reasonable top speed. I still have some minor work in terms of using a dremel to match the transom to the intake grate.

Name:	S2ZKCy.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	103.7 KB 
ID:	360951Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSgfvQ.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	92.7 KB 
ID:	360952Click image for larger version. 

Name:	u4XGPf.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	34.9 KB 
ID:	360953

Last but not least I am installing a new fuel system. Full AN -6 firrings and braided nylon hose throughout. I have a fuel rail from Danny which is going on with the fuel system.

Hopefully if everything runs smooth it should be ready for pump tuning by next week Sunday.
    Lookin good! Glad to see some progress again and glad my information was helpful to you!

11. +1 by:

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information