Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks for some good info, I have a few questions. How often did fuel lines need to be changed and were they made of tygon or rubber? Do you think that the seals would fail often? I only put roughly 20hrs a year on it, do you think the seals would last a season? Is it true that you can run higher comp ratio on 105 octane e-85 than with 105 gas becasue of the lower cyl temps Thanks Sam

TRIPLE PIPES ARE 2-STROKE TURBOS allcool's Avatar
    1. E-85 is very hydroscopic... not good for an engine/vehicle operating on the water that could be ingesting water vapor/mist and in an environment surrounded by water.

2. All the rubber parts in the carb, including the diaphragm will deteriorate rapidly from E-85... the fuel system is NOT made for alcohol use... lot of rubber everywhere

See you are running 100 octane.
    Do you race cc and need to run unleaded?
    If you are a rec rider, why not go with c-12 or Sunoco 110 leaded and get some real power.
    100 octane un lead for your very high compression and triple pipes is not enough, imo a meltdown waiting to happen.

allcool

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by gpr-sam View Post
    Thanks for some good info, I have a few questions. How often did fuel lines need to be changed and were they made of tygon or rubber? Do you think that the seals would fail often? I only put roughly 20hrs a year on it, do you think the seals would last a season? Is it true that you can run higher comp ratio on 105 octane e-85 than with 105 gas becasue of the lower cyl temps Thanks Sam

Fuel lines got changed every season, sometime more often. We used rubber hose.

You would probably have to change seals every season.

The more % of ethanol the more compression you can run due to cooler cyl temps.

We had to put different carbs on our cars at the end of the season to run gas through the fuel system to keep it from coroding and absorbing moisture in the engine. If you didnt it would be a rusty mess. Then we had to disassembe carbs and rebuild every year even though the off season is only about 3 months due to the corrosion and moisture in the carbs. I have seen people store their ethanol carbs in a fridge to keep the alcohol from disolving and to keep them in a very climate controlled enviroment to prevent damage but I didnt trust it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information