Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    MSX 150 guy lives on Mr. GP1800's Avatar
    +1
    Sbt sells new lr modules for 80 bucks I think.

Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by BryanP View Post
    SBT sells new LR modules for 80 bucks I think.
    Have we heard any confirmed feedback on those?

I recall someone in Australia was having trouble with them, not sure if that was ever resolved.

+1
    What is your guys thought on this.... My pump has constant power to weather the ski is on or off. What if I put a toggle switch in line? Since these rule pumps can run without water, I just flip the switch when I want to go ride flip it on. Its easy enough to hear when the ski isnt running so I would know to shut it off when done. Would this cause any harm anywhere else? Just trying to save the money on a 50$ module when a 3$ toggle will work for now.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by blairwill4 View Post
    What is your guys thought on this.... My pump has constant power to weather the ski is on or off. What if I put a toggle switch in line? Since these rule pumps can run without water, I just flip the switch when I want to go ride flip it on. Its easy enough to hear when the ski isnt running so I would know to shut it off when done. Would this cause any harm anywhere else?

Just trying to save the money on a 50$ module when a 3$ toggle will work for now.
    Have you confirmed correct battery charging voltage? The same LR module also controls battery charging.

I suppose you can rig up a switch. Do it properly. Waterproof switch, sealed wire connections. Mount it somewhere where you won't get hurt if you slam into it when riding.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by blairwill4 View Post
    What is your guys thought on this.... My pump has constant power to weather the ski is on or off. What if I put a toggle switch in line? Since these rule pumps can run without water, I just flip the switch when I want to go ride flip it on. Its easy enough to hear when the ski isnt running so I would know to shut it off when done. Would this cause any harm anywhere else?

Just trying to save the money on a 50$ module when a 3$ toggle will work for now.
    Have you confirmed correct battery charging voltage? The same LR module also controls battery charging.

I suppose you can rig up a switch. Do it properly. Waterproof switch, sealed wire connections. Mount it somewhere where you won't get hurt if you slam into it when riding.
    My thought was that little storage compartment that sits between the driver and handle bars. It already has two drain holes in it. I could make one a little bigger and just mount it right inside there. I havent confirmed battery charging voltage. How do I do that? Ive ridden the ski a few times with no issues and it always cranks hard and doesnt show signs of dying when I leave it sit for a week.

+1
    With engine running and a charged or mostly charged battery the measured voltage should be very close to 14.5 volts.

Measured at the battery with a digital multimeter.

Voltage should remain stable as RPM changes.

13.5 volts or less indicates no battery charging is happening or there is a problem.

A deeply discharged battery can affect the measured charging voltage.

+1
    After reading this about the rule 500 I looked one up from my local supplier his showed it running every 2 min. Is this the same pump or a different part num. if so would you have the num. available ?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by rpa101 View Post
    After reading this about the rule 500 I looked one up from my local supplier his showed it running every 2 min. Is this the same pump or a different part num. if so would you have the num. available ?
    The Polaris system does not need the model with the water sensing timer interval. Just constant pump running when power is applied.

This would be the most basic model of Rule brand pump, rated for continuous operation wet or dry.

For 500gph rating, that would be the Rule 25D model.

The Rule 25S would have the automatic interval timer/sensing feature.

+1
    Thanks I will see they can get that model

+1
    I have the opposite problem with my bilge pump. It will come on with the push of the button but does not run while the ski is on. Could this be the LR module as well?

I did notice that on the last ride, my voltage did fluctuate from 13.? volts to 14.? volts on the MFD. However, the battery is showing fully charged when i came in.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information