Arrow 2000 1100 Kawasaki Ficht EMM repair

Any ideas on a replacement for c43

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Lpreston222 View Post
    Any ideas on a replacement for c43
    From post #3 in this thread:

"The yellow C43 capacitor was folded down flat in manufacture, I turned it upright to see the label and surrounding components.
    0.68uF at 500 volts DC."

There is nothing special about it, it's a film capacitor with the value and rating specified.

+1

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by martincom View Post
    I'd go with a larger (flatter) one, this cap takes a beating.

+1
    No, go with a big tough one like I already mentioned

Like THIS ONE. Or THIS ONE (same part, different seller)
    Last edited by HiPeRcO; 10-31-2020 at 02:35 PM.

Awesome I’ll try that one if the site decides to load. I have 2000 1100 kawi I bought not running as a parts ski but the engine looks to good on the inside to not at least try to fix. first pulled the starter got the brushes freed up and threw it back it got her cranking pretty well. The injectors appeared to be firing (rhythmic clicking coming from each while cranking) so pulled plugs no spark. Pulled cps from running ski for quick test but got nothing did the socket trick on cps heard no fuel pump assuming it was bad from sitting checked for ground getting to the fuel pump saw nothing. Immediately suspecting emm from the build up in cooling system just before emm I yanked it out chunk in the running ski emm and boom spark and fuel pump work. After tearing apart the emm and cleaning the goey rubbery stuff. I found the only visible damage to either board was the c43 capacitor appeared to have melted but after removing it from circuit seemed to test ok oddly enough. went ahead and ordered the capacitors that are known to fail and another one to replace c43 however will likely try as you’ve suggested instead and see what happens.

So replaced c43, c89, c27, and c28 and popped it in the ski for a quick test and we got spark and fuel pump ground. pulled the fuel pump and found the tank had a good inch off sediment and rust in the bottom of what looked like mostly water so safe to assume new fuel pump but she did fire and attempt to run off some gas down her throat so I’m ordering a fuel pump and we’ll see if she’s a runner before figuring out potting compound. Thank you to all on this forum for posting your knowledge and experiences with these interesting little engine management modules.

Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Lpreston222 View Post
    ... the tank had a good inch off sediment and rust in the bottom of what looked like mostly water ...
    Ugh.

Be aware there are fine mesh filter screens right behind the tips of the Ficht fuel injectors.
    If you remove the injectors and carefully pull out the tips for careful cleaning, be sure to put each tip back on the injector it came from. And mark each injector before removing so the same injector goes back on the same cylinder.

The Polaris Ficht fuel injectors (after 1999) are flow matched to the EMM per cylinder. So don't get them mixed up.

Tip: Do NOT activate the fuel pump or fire the fuel injectors without the injectors being mounted in the cylinder head. They will leak without the clamping pressure that holds the injector into the cylinder head.

Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    Posts moved into a new thread from this Polaris Ficht EMM thread
    http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=208408

Thread Information