Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Karavan Divorce

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Dart View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by speedskixp View Post
    I have one and not crazy about it. Its a real pain in the ass to align and connect the two trailers together when they have ski's on them. I can swap ski's from trailer to carts and back quicker. Never seen a video that shows from start to finish how "easy" they are to connect by yourself with ski's on them.
    That makes sense I remember from my engineering days what a pain if you did not align the everything square. Anybody know where I can get to see on in Orlando? Maybe the double with dolly's is a better idea.But then how much risk is it in using a double with one ski on it. It must be out of balance.
    I've never had an issue running a double trailer with just one ski. However a cart and double trailer take up more space than the double/single. Being able to seperate the trailers and put one against one wall and the other against another wall is a nice feature. I just wish they went back together easier. If ground isn't level or weights not equal it can be a bit of a wrestling match.

+1
    Interesting thanks.

+1
    I have one and not crazy about it. Its a real pain in the ass to align and connect the two trailers together when they have ski's on them. I can swap ski's from trailer to carts and back quicker. Never seen a video that shows from start to finish how "easy" they are to connect by yourself with ski's on them.
    That makes sense I remember from my engineering days what a pain if you did not align the everything square. Anybody know where I can get to see on in Orlando? Maybe the double with dolly's is a better idea.But then how much risk is it in using a double with one ski on it. It must be out of balance.
    I've never had an issue running a double trailer with just one ski. However a cart and double trailer take up more space than the double/single. Being able to seperate the trailers and put one against one wall and the other against another wall is a nice feature. I just wish they went back together easier. If ground isn't level or weights not equal it can be a bit of a wrestling match.

I have been timed putting mine together and it was just under 4 minutes from what I remember but with help it is 100 times easier . . .hell if you need 2 skis there should be 2 people present right ?
    easiest way I found was hooking the front together first then the rear will come together when u pull the trailer forward some

4. +1 by:

Banned User
    +1
    I have the pair and if wasnt for ease of storage I wouldn't recommend them to anyone.

My list of repairs so far goes: wench bracket x2, bunk brackets x4(I hear now they come with a more HD bracket, tire fender brackets that hold the fender to the trailer all 8 brackets have broke at some point and no I don't step on them. Not to mention all nuts and bolts are forever coming loose!

I wouldn't say I'm "hard" on these trailers at all, i do put s lot of miles on them,but they absolutely weren't designed to carry ultra 300 sized ski's.

oh and karavans customer service was terriable for me time and time again until I got ahold of the "owner" after that he helped me out

end of rant

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 02gpR View Post

I have been timed putting mine together and it was just under 4 minutes from what I remember but with help it is 100 times easier . . .hell if you need 2 skis there should be 2 people present right ?
    easiest way I found was hooking the front together first then the rear will come together when u pull the trailer forward some
    I'll let you school me on this next time we ride.

+1
    These trailers are very good for when you need to put them in the garage. It makes it very easy to put both in a 1 car garage area. I had to doo that at our last house and kept my HOA happy!!!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by stolpmannr View Post
    http://www.magictilt.com/images/stor...cconvflyer.pdf

The trailers are now under Majic Tilt. Karavan and Majic are virtually the same company and assembly plants in Edgewater and Tampa produce on demand. Lead time used to be 3 weeks now 1 week is possible. I have used these trailers and they have many befits. Inside the garage separated it is like a high grade dolly and can easily be moved or repositioned.

That's me in the video.
    Can they ship this to Australia? I would be interested in some if they can

+1
    Now had my Divorce trailer a few months now. Travels really nice and can pushed by hand like its on grease it so easy. The space saving is amazing I am very happy with it.
    Got mine from Robert 904 412 3213. Great guy highly recommend him. Just tell him I sent you and he will treat you like a king.
    Andy from Orlando.

Interesting... do you need one or two license plates??

Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by finsfanscott View Post
    Interesting... do you need one or two license plates??
    While the two are married they only need one plate, I believe.

Divorced, everything costs double you know

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information