Page 2 of 45 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    +1
    Gee, no harm Wade. Every Time I'm leaving to go ride, Kay stops me at the door and asks "You're leaving the house wearing that?!?" LOL

PS - got your email. I've got the trail all the way from my backyard complete to Port St. Joe, since I went (by boat) from the house to Destin earlier this year!. I'll tie it all up in a new gdb file and send it to you...

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Sea-Donkey View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by maxadrenaline View Post

I will be out of town at least until mid October (N. Dakota)(yuk), but who knows. I will be watching for a chance to ride. BTW, I do have a boat too should we need a chase boat...lol
    Yeah, I'm booked up the next 3 weekends as well...Oct. 26 is my first free weekend so we'll see if we get a decent day starting then thru November. If not, we'll wait for it to warm up in the Spring.

In the meantime, I'll try my hand at playing Billy Boy and map it on GPS software. I'll wear my goggles to get the full effect. LOL. Billy, I got in trouble from the wife for making fun of your gear.
    LOL,,,I remember that comment Wade.
    I think it was directed at me also...sooo...JK,, I wear goggles over my eye glasses to keep the spray off and the glasses on. At 400 a pair these days I need to save that money to by ski parts.

While you are playing Billy, check out the Perdido River on the north side of Perdido Bay. I almost bought a house up that river and I think it would be a great ride if launching in Lilian AL is an option.

+1
    I'll have you people know that I have the Billy Goggles, too! I put them on over my sun glasses and they work well. And if I don't feel like having the sun blocked, I just wear them without the glasses.

Of course I would prefer to wear just the glasses. But at speed the wind makes its way around the lenses and makes me cry. We got some SeaSpecs but they were actually pressing against our eyes/eye lashes without even getting out there on the water.

So the OTG (Over The Glasses) goggles are the way to go for some of us.

+1
    Max has got my back! About the goggles - about 3 years ago, I took some bug or wing particle to the eye, even though I was wearing my sunglasses. Dang I was irritated for almost a week. I now almost never ride w/o full optical protection.

+1
    Ha! Ziggy got my back, too! Dang, I'm in good company, Wade.

Yep, OTG is the way to go!

+1
    I also took a bat sized bug of some sort to the eye. That was late one evening when it was too dark to wear shades. I now keep a pair of safety glasses in both my skis for late evening riding when the sun is almost gone and the bugs are out in full force.

I probably should get some...I have snow skiing googles but they are scratched up and are bronze tinted. Didn't you get them online?
    Last edited by Sea-Donkey; 10-03-2013 at 03:12 PM.

+1
    Wade, I've got two pair, basically this model (I think): http://www.smithoptics.com/products/...SHEE+OTG/view/

But one is clear, one is rose tint like shown in above link. I rec. buying the clear only. Obviously, w/OTG, you wear your shades underneath. But if it's cloudy/near dark, just the goggles - you can see and are still protected. There are numerous manufactures - Smith, Oakley, etc... But you can shop around (Amazon, Ebay, etc...) and should be able to get a pair for less than $50. You may even want to check Bass Pro, which I know is just a few miles down the road for you.

They're flexible and will feel a little "soft", but mine have lasted 4 years now.

EDIT - yes I got mine online at REI. Hopefully you can get a better price:

REI Order Confirmation

Greetings from your friends at REI. Thanks for your recent online order!

We are sending this email to confirm the order below has been received, and all in-stock items will ship via Standard Shipping.
    Order # : 43835841
    Sku Description Unit Price Qty Total
    REI Item# 7444240019 Smith Monashee PMT OTG Ski Goggles BLACK/GOLDLITE $50.00 1 $50.00
    Subtotal $50.00
    Shipping $5.99
    Total Charged $55.99

+1
    Thanks. Good call on the over the glasses type. I found these Smiths on Amazon with good reviews:

http://www.amazon.com/Smith-Optics-G...th+otg+goggles

Banned User
    +1
    You might also look at the Oakley O Frame goggles here;http://www.oakley.com/products/1314/20676
    I have the carbon fiber looking ones. The O Frames are designed so you can wear sunglasses or prescription glasses while using them.
    I wear my sunglasses inside the goggles. I'm on my 2nd set of Oakley O Frames. The first one lasted over 5 years, but the foam is starting to come off now.
    OH, and they float if they come off. Had mine sitting in my lap the other day, and they fell into the water-and just sat there.

The trick is; put your glasses inside the goggles first, about where you would normally wear them, then place the goggle over your eyes, and the strap around your head-done. They work great, don't leak or fog up, and I've seen them around $40.

+1
    I checked your link above, read the details - they are discontinued by the manufacturer. Not that is a bad thing, but prob. why they are so cheap.

This is what I bought,from REI, but shown on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Smith-Monashee...TG+Ski+Goggles

Again, right at $50., but I did notice my OTG's are "air flow" in design. I think this has to do w/preventing fogging. Not that the cheap brands don't fog... But having gogs not fog is a big thing.

No opinion either way - $16. is cheap, but if they fog a lot, you won't use them...

Page 2 of 45 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread Information