Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by paulswagelock View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by funboy30189 View Post
    This is unbelievable that Kawi have not addressed this issue. I have the same problem and what an embarrassment that I have to pull the seat every time I kill the engine.i am still holding out for Smokey to remedy this.
    Interestingly though, my dock neighbor has a 2009 that has never had the issue. Rides the same waterway, on the same days, at the same time. Mine will do it, his won't.

funny - this past weekend his did it 3 times. Cold rag on the sensor clears it up in 5 minutes, but all of a sudden started with the same issue.
    Had a different issue (loose battery cable) while my son was out riding today. Have used it 20 times this year without an issue, but usually I am around on the boat and make them idle around after a hard ride for several minutes to cool it off, and never an issue. He was out today without me and he was riding hard and shut down. Went to restart and nothing (battery cable loose). Got dragged home. I went to investigate, found the loose cable and fixed it. Tried starting - hot start issue. Pushed my magic button with the 200k ohm resistor - no help. Cold rag on sensor and 10 minutes later it started, but it almost sounded flooded when it did start, not starved for fuel. Hmmmm. Disappointed the magic button did not work. Others swear it did for them. Maybe I had another issue going on with the loose cable and not the regular hot restart problem.

+1
    This weekend the hot start problem came up. End of the day we shut it down for about half hour while we pack up our stuff. Cranked it 3 times and no start, used magic button with 100K resistor and worked on the 1st try.

*** Magic button...i like that /\ /\ /\
    Last edited by Spades; 08-09-2016 at 10:12 AM.

+1
    I got tired of telling folks that ride my 15f how to fix the problem when it shows up, so I just unscrewed the sensor and tied it up.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by boudin View Post
    I got tired of telling folks that ride my 15f how to fix the problem when it shows up, so I just unscrewed the sensor and tied it up.
    I gave up and just keep a can of starter fluid secured in the bucket. A quarter second spray into the Riva filter with the throttle open and it fires right up next time you hit the starter. Not ideal by any means though.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Spades View Post
    This weekend the hot start problem came up. End of the day we shut it down for about half hour while we pack up our stuff. Cranked it 3 times and no start, used magic button with 100K resistor and worked on the 1st try.

*** Magic button...i like that /\ /\ /\
    Same here. 100 k ohm resistor to a button in the storage compartment. Worked when it did it today 👍

6. +1 by:

so I chased down the path of the exhaust manifold temperature and installed the bypass resistor. The one time it happened since then, the bypass resistor on the exhaust sensor did not fix it. Can the oil temperature sensor cause the same issue? I know they both play into the ecu f/a calculation, but I wasn't sure if that one could have the same effect and cause hot start issues.

My name is Sean and I am addicted to STXs smokeysevin's Avatar
    +1
    so I chased down the path of the exhaust manifold temperature and installed the bypass resistor. The one time it happened since then, the bypass resistor on the exhaust sensor did not fix it. Can the oil temperature sensor cause the same issue? I know they both play into the ecu f/a calculation, but I wasn't sure if that one could have the same effect and cause hot start issues.
    Can you try and measure the sensor resistance when you have the hot start issue? If memory serves the oil temp does not play into the start map but I have not really played with it for a while and am not certain. Did you replace the sensor when you installed the resistor?

Thanks,

Sean

Quote Originally Posted by smokeysevin View Post
    Can you try and measure the sensor resistance when you have the hot start issue? If memory serves the oil temp does not play into the start map but I have not really played with it for a while and am not certain. Did you replace the sensor when you installed the resistor?

Thanks,

Sean
    Yes, I replaced it with the original style from 2010.
    i am wondering if the oil and or air temps can cause it as well.

If one is acting up and I have the hot start issue, if I unplug it during the hot start issue, will the ecu put in a default value and try to start, then generate an error for the missing value?

Hey smokey, have you made any progress on a remedy for this?

Well I think I finally solved the problem - I got rid of it an purchased a 2017 model....
    Hopefully it is solved on the new ones.

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast

Thread Information