Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bscpaint View Post
    Normally I would agree with you but This is not the first instance of this pump breaking or the Athena blowing a motor

Lots of people blamed the Rd reflashes for blowing engine for a while. I think that often exists between the bars and the seat. No matter what the salesman say, you should be monitoring afr's, engine temperature, looking at plugs and all the little things that help keep a engine together. An ecu is hardly a swap and ride.

Rd always tells me 12.5 for AFR, sounds like a good way to sell pistons to me. Sure 12.5 is optimal power, but when your only reading an average of the 4 cylinders. 11.8 is what I shoot for, as recommended by reliable sources from here. Wiggle room, gotta have it.

Anyyyyyyways. Im sure I'm offended some people...I'll leave now.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by yol937 View Post
    U r Making a even worse mistake for getting a Athena ecu!!!!!! Exchange the pump out for a new one at riva and then sale it.. Please don't get a Athena they are garbage.. If u won't a ecu get a vipec or motec
    Mine is amazing along with logger! Hard to set up but bubba jerry and rob c have bent over backwards to help me out and get me up an running properly here in the Uk

3. +1 by:

AWA MEMBER
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug78 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bscpaint View Post
    Normally I would agree with you but This is not the first instance of this pump breaking or the Athena blowing a motor

Lots of people blamed the Rd reflashes for blowing engine for a while. I think that often exists between the bars and the seat. No matter what the salesman say, you should be monitoring afr's, engine temperature, looking at plugs and all the little things that help keep a engine together. An ecu is hardly a swap and ride.

Rd always tells me 12.5 for AFR, sounds like a good way to sell pistons to me. Sure 12.5 is optimal power, but when your only reading an average of the 4 cylinders. 11.8 is what I shoot for, as recommended by reliable sources from here. Wiggle room, gotta have it.

Anyyyyyyways. Im sure I'm offended some people...I'll leave now.

You don't offend me in summer months I just don't feel comfortable running anything higher than 12......in the winter months I may let it go to 12.2-12.5 colder water and air motor should not run hot enough for it to be a issue, plus it's often to cold to run 80+ in October and in April for a long period of time anyways.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by hialeahchiko305 View Post
    we tried to warn you to ditch the pump from the get.everyone ive seen with this pump has lost a ton of speed over the stock pump and some still cavitate.it lacks prop setback hub diameter and obviously has its manufacturing issues.the stock doo, rotax,or rd pump still are the best choices to harness the power of these skis while maintaining efficiency.
    Funny how the pump is no good yet Dean's Team rider Abdullah Al Fadhel won both Pro Open and Pro Limited titles with this pump. Maybe the pump is only as good as the impeller inside it?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by BAYOU FZR View Post
    we tried to warn you to ditch the pump from the get.everyone ive seen with this pump has lost a ton of speed over the stock pump and some still cavitate.it lacks prop setback hub diameter and obviously has its manufacturing issues.the stock doo, rotax,or rd pump still are the best choices to harness the power of these skis while maintaining efficiency.
    Funny how the pump is no good yet Dean's Team rider Abdullah Al Fadhel won both Pro Open and Pro Limited titles with this pump. Maybe the pump is only as good as the impeller inside it?
    What's your point? Was the race 30-40hrs long?

7. +1 by:

im sure people could care less what a salesman or a riva sponsored rider has to say about the pump.its recreational riders that are having issues and they arent trying to push a product.you cant argue or justify the majority having mostly negative results.it is what it is

+1
    update :

i installed my stock pump 155 and 13/24 prop with 82 ring

my top speed today was 87.6 (gps) rpm 8700

so my speed increased when i used 155mm pump & prop
    when i was using riva 160pump 12/18 160 prop rpm was also 8700 my speed was 84.7

+1
    What are your mods?

+1
    H1 wheel , R3 reflash , riva GEN 2 cooler
    you can see my profile buddy

note: temp is 104 & the water is extremely hot !!!

Whats that whistling noise? jtskier11's Avatar
    +1
    im sure people could care less what a salesman or a riva sponsored rider has to say about the pump.its recreational riders that are having issues and they arent trying to push a product.you cant argue or justify the majority having mostly negative results.it is what it is
    Agreed. Plus the rec riders dont have multiple pumps to swap between at the drop of a hat.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread Information