Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Yamaha FZS'er View Post
    Having insurance is a requirement for any loan. If you canceled it to save $100/year thinking you got one over on them......you got what was coming to you.
    That's a pretty crappy thing to say...why can't you contribute something positive instead of judge? That kind of harshness does nothing to help this situation...

Having insurance does NOT solve all problems, it may help but the majority of pain is restoring or re-building...why not focus on what the problem is instead looking in the rear view mirror?

AWA MEMBER
    +1
    Having insurance is a requirement for any loan. If you canceled it to save $100/year thinking you got one over on them......you got what was coming to you.

that's a duche bag comment

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by sortsol View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by flkeyzgp1300r View Post
    SO after almost two years my FZ will be coming home (maybe) it was stolen and recovered and i will finally get it back of course it needs work and does not run... LET ME SAY no insurance and a loan SUCK I have been paying on NOTHING all this time.. now i get a ski that has been beat 2 shit .... what should i do?

part out (over 10G in aftermarket stuff on it )

get a GP hull and stuff the 1800 engine in that? ( anyone know a shop in FL that can do)

other options????
    Do you what condition the ski is in? Have you seen it? I'm assuming since you want to stuff the engine in a different hull, that your hull is no good, is that correct? Do you know if the engine runs at all? Sorry for your loss. Criminals suck!!
    Quote Originally Posted by 02gpR View Post
    Insurance in south florida is more like $600-$800 a year for a ski !!! not as cheap as MN
    Quote Originally Posted by Pistonwash View Post
    Don't throw it out or part it out just yet...I have seen some nasty looking skis come back to life with a little TLC. You may find another better looking hull and put your existing engine in it. Your go-fast parts will never be re-sold to get what you paid for them. And when you start all over this is the hardest part...reproducing what you once had. Don't do anything just yet..way your options and try to keep the "money" you spent into a re-build or restoring project.

Can you post pics of the ski and the engine bay?
    Quote Originally Posted by Pistonwash View Post
    That's a pretty crappy thing to say...why can't you contribute something positive instead of judge? That kind of harshness does nothing to help this situation...

Having insurance does NOT solve all problems, it may help but the majority of pain is restoring or re-building...why not focus on what the problem is instead looking in the rear view mirror?
    Quote Originally Posted by RickWhite View Post

that's a duche bag comment

For those that live in FL and have replied to our GREAT comments by Mr. Uneducated, Thanks you all are right you pay either 600.00 for insurance down here and most dont cover hurricane damage (strike one) only cover theft on water & locked in garage only( strike two and three) SO i could have been paying all that money to cover the ski then it got stolen LOCKED in the driveway and i would STILL be out the money... let alone other factors that are not public....

I have seen the ski yes the hull is in ok shape ride plate is screwed up. the exhaust manifold is off so dunno if blown or not.. other than that everything looks close to how i had it..some shit was ripped out and ghetto version put in because they dont know what they are doing.. not over pleased about the hull haven a diff VIN on it now and going through that hassle.. just alot to figure out..

+1
    conversion, scrap the beat up hull and who knows hin and cut it into pieces, put your sho motor in a gpr !!!!! i just rode mine for the first time this weekend and its the best thing i've ever done !!!

5. +1 by:

sorry to hear about your misfortune.yamahas have become hot tickets for easy money here in miami and unfortunately this kind of thing is a frequent occurrence in our area.if you store your were it is easily seen or frequently ride in groups its only a matter of time.before you consider investing in rebuilding the ski i would look into a better storage for the ski making the ski inconspicuous and bieng more selective of who you ride with or this may happen again.if i were in your shoes selling the FZ hull and swapping everything to a GPR hull would be the route id take.there are a few shops out here that may be able to help you but it wont be cheap.good luck

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by hialeahchiko305 View Post
    sorry to hear about your misfortune.yamahas have become hot tickets for easy money here in miami and unfortunately this kind of thing is a frequent occurrence in our area.if you store your were it is easily seen or frequently ride in groups its only a matter of time.before you consider investing in rebuilding the ski i would look into a better storage for the ski making the ski inconspicuous and bieng more selective of who you ride with or this may happen again.if i were in your shoes selling the FZ hull and swapping everything to a GPR hull would be the route id take.there are a few shops out here that may be able to help you but it wont be cheap.good luck
    THATS THE BAD PART! i dont ride with anyone except myself and my neighbor, and I live in a not common traveled area and it was hidden behind a wall of trees and blocked in with my car.... they had other plans tho........

+1
    Is there anyway you can mount a lowjack on the ECU or somewhere in the ski with it's on battery? Then when someone steals the ski, activate it and find it? I am going to look into it..our communications director mounted one in his Tundra and they found his truck within hours of it being stolen.

AWA MEMBER
    +1
    Yea by the time they tear it apart and find module and extra battery, the cops will be pulling up LOL

best advice i can offer you is if you decide to keep and repair the ski is to remove all the loud SHO stickers and get a plain outdoor cover to cover the ski with from the moment it comes out of the water to the next time it hits the water.anyone who sees you towing it around knows you have an easy $4k without paperwork sitting over your fence and that is attention you dont need.there are guys here in north miami with 2-3 unchained GPR in there driveway and no one cares to give them a second look because they arent valuable.you have something valuable and you should try to call as little attention to yourself as possible.if no one knows whats there no one will care to steal it from you.

+1
    best advice i can offer you is if you decide to keep and repair the ski is to remove all the loud SHO stickers and get a plain outdoor cover to cover the ski with from the moment it comes out of the water to the next time it hits the water.anyone who sees you towing it around knows you have an easy $4k without paperwork sitting over your fence and that is attention you dont need.there are guys here in north miami with 2-3 unchained GPR in there driveway and no one cares to give them a second look because they arent valuable.you have something valuable and you should try to call as little attention to yourself as possible.if no one knows whats there no one will care to steal it from you.
    well some of your advise was already applied.. no OEM graphics were on my ski.. those all got removed DAY ONE... and it sat under a basic grey cover . but your rite if it was a GP no one would even look twice there are other waverunners down this street that sit open...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information