Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Yes Brian I think I'm more excited the exact color scheme I would choose came in the model I want!

+1
    Yeah, I actually ordered the very ones that Mr. Kunzman recommended.

Chet, if you go to Yamaha's YouTube channel, it will auto-play each new model's features and move on to the next. And it continues into the boats, too!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by DrivingZiggy View Post
    Yeah, I actually ordered the very ones that Mr. Kunzman recommended.

Chet, if you go to Yamaha's YouTube channel, it will auto-play each new model's features and move on to the next. And it continues into the boats, too!
    Make sure you register these. You can also get a 406link.com subscription that allows you to send test messages with and without GPS coordinates with your PLB. You could set it up and test it and it would send your coordinates to any of your preprogrammed phone numbers or email addresses. You can use this feature when on the water to let poeple know you are okay as well as test it once a year.

As a backup, enter your destination coordinates in the VHF. It's compass will rudimentary give direction to the way points you store in it. Not to be used instead of a real GPS as it just gives you direction.
    Last edited by kunzman; 08-14-2013 at 07:15 PM.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by kunzman View Post
    Make sure you register these. You can also get a 406link.com subscription that allows you to send test messages with and without GPS coordinates with your PLB. You could set it up and test it and it would send your coordinates to any of your preprogrammed phone numbers or email addresses. You can use this feature when on the water to let poeple know you are okay as well as test it once a year.

As a backup, enter your destination coordinates in the VHF. It's compass will rudimentary give direction to the way points you store in it. Not to be used instead of a real GPS as it just gives you direction.
    Quote Originally Posted by Socaloffshore View Post
    this might assist, scroll down: http://pwcoffshore.com/Offshore_Gear_Review.html
    Thanks!!!

+1
    Well, I learned something: don't put the EPIRB on the shoulder of your PFD if you're gonna be riding in the rough. I felt it all the way across and now that I wake up on my first day in the Bahamas I find a nice bruise. But, hey! I made it.

7. +1 by:

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by DrivingZiggy View Post
    Well, I learned something: don't put the EPIRB on the shoulder of your PFD if you're gonna be riding in the rough. I felt it all the way across and now that I wake up on my first day in the Bahamas I find a nice bruise. But, hey! I made it.

Did you buy an EPIRB or a PLB?

If for some reason you got separated from your ski, you'd be glad it was there! Can you strap or zip tie it to one of the PFD straps that go around your torso?

+1
    ACR has introduced a small and floatant PLB. I just bought one as they have a Fall promotion of $50 or $210 of safety gear which I chose the safety gear for the rebate.

It is very light and small...I doubt you had that if you had bruise on your shoulder. You must have had the bigger ones.
    http://www.amazon.com/ACR-PLB-375-Re...1&keywords=PLB

+1
    Yes, it is the 375. And I did relocate it to the straps. Remember: this was a very bumpy trip.

hey when is the ride to the bahamas ?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information