Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 25
  1. #11
    Yes Brian I think I'm more excited the exact color scheme I would choose came in the model I want!


  2. #12
    DrivingZiggy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Lafayette, LA
    Posts
    2,083
    +1
    428
    Yeah, I actually ordered the very ones that Mr. Kunzman recommended.

    Chet, if you go to Yamaha's YouTube channel, it will auto-play each new model's features and move on to the next. And it continues into the boats, too!

  3. #13
    kunzman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Bay Village, Ohio, United States
    Posts
    42
    +1
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by DrivingZiggy View Post
    Yeah, I actually ordered the very ones that Mr. Kunzman recommended.

    Chet, if you go to Yamaha's YouTube channel, it will auto-play each new model's features and move on to the next. And it continues into the boats, too!
    Make sure you register these. You can also get a 406link.com subscription that allows you to send test messages with and without GPS coordinates with your PLB. You could set it up and test it and it would send your coordinates to any of your preprogrammed phone numbers or email addresses. You can use this feature when on the water to let poeple know you are okay as well as test it once a year.

    As a backup, enter your destination coordinates in the VHF. It's compass will rudimentary give direction to the way points you store in it. Not to be used instead of a real GPS as it just gives you direction.
    Last edited by kunzman; 08-14-2013 at 07:15 PM.

  4. #14

  5. #15
    DrivingZiggy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Lafayette, LA
    Posts
    2,083
    +1
    428
    Quote Originally Posted by kunzman View Post
    Make sure you register these. You can also get a 406link.com subscription that allows you to send test messages with and without GPS coordinates with your PLB. You could set it up and test it and it would send your coordinates to any of your preprogrammed phone numbers or email addresses. You can use this feature when on the water to let poeple know you are okay as well as test it once a year.

    As a backup, enter your destination coordinates in the VHF. It's compass will rudimentary give direction to the way points you store in it. Not to be used instead of a real GPS as it just gives you direction.
    Quote Originally Posted by Socaloffshore View Post
    this might assist, scroll down: http://pwcoffshore.com/Offshore_Gear_Review.html
    Thanks!!!

  6. #16
    DrivingZiggy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Lafayette, LA
    Posts
    2,083
    +1
    428
    Well, I learned something: don't put the EPIRB on the shoulder of your PFD if you're gonna be riding in the rough. I felt it all the way across and now that I wake up on my first day in the Bahamas I find a nice bruise. But, hey! I made it.

  7. +1 by:


  8. #17
    kunzman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Bay Village, Ohio, United States
    Posts
    42
    +1
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by DrivingZiggy View Post
    Well, I learned something: don't put the EPIRB on the shoulder of your PFD if you're gonna be riding in the rough. I felt it all the way across and now that I wake up on my first day in the Bahamas I find a nice bruise. But, hey! I made it.

    Did you buy an EPIRB or a PLB?

    If for some reason you got separated from your ski, you'd be glad it was there! Can you strap or zip tie it to one of the PFD straps that go around your torso?

  9. #18

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Aliso Viejo
    Posts
    951
    +1
    76
    ACR has introduced a small and floatant PLB. I just bought one as they have a Fall promotion of $50 or $210 of safety gear which I chose the safety gear for the rebate.

    It is very light and small...I doubt you had that if you had bruise on your shoulder. You must have had the bigger ones.
    http://www.amazon.com/ACR-PLB-375-Re...1&keywords=PLB

  10. #19
    DrivingZiggy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Lafayette, LA
    Posts
    2,083
    +1
    428
    Yes, it is the 375. And I did relocate it to the straps. Remember: this was a very bumpy trip.

  11. #20
    ANT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    greenville sc
    Posts
    6
    hey when is the ride to the bahamas ?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. 94 polaris sl750 fuel and oil recommendations
    By nismooo in forum Polaris Open Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-03-2015, 11:28 AM
  2. E.P.I.R.B. and radio recommendations
    By DrivingZiggy in forum Open Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-12-2013, 03:28 PM
  3. 2001 XR1800 piston and ring recommendations?
    By apitw in forum Yamaha Sport Boat
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-21-2013, 08:51 PM
  4. 900 ZXI impeller and pitch recommendation for magnum pump
    By mustangfury in forum Kawasaki PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-06-2012, 02:48 PM
  5. Oil and Coolant Recommendations Please...
    By yellow4 in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-01-2007, 10:59 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •