Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Banned User
    +1
    heres my only question about "a wheelie on a jetski with 3 dudes hanging on each other shit"..............WHY???????

+1
    On the other hand...riding a ski with over 50 mph could be as dangerous as a wheelie.Doing a wheelie might be as dangerous to some of us, in the same way it is dangerous to some others just riding a ski..I don't give credit to it, but I can't blame minds going wild...if some wasn't mad there would be no 100 mph skis.. Iif someone wasn't mad there would be no freestyle Jetski contest..some started doing 180s, 360s...etc and we ended up with freestyle. Thus, we can't blame someone who is doing a wheelie...Almost all of us have raced a friend right? ..dont tell me that we had everything under control.....? Because we didn't. Period. And racing at over 70 mph is Hyper dangerous. Just my point of view.

Thanks for the helpful replies and to the people who understand what I was doing, which is having fun. I know I know 3 guys on a ski is embarrassing, but that was the only way I could get the ski to stand straight up. I tried with just one person, but it didn't work. Trying new things on skis is always a fun experience and how the sport gets pushed to different levels, just like an other sport.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by branden246 View Post
    Thanks for the helpful replies and to the people who understand what I was doing, which is having fun. I know I know 3 guys on a ski is embarrassing, but that was the only way I could get the ski to stand straight up. I tried with just one person, but it didn't work. Trying new things on skis is always a fun experience and how the sport gets pushed to different levels, just like an other sport.
    I bet that each and every one in this forum had done something in his life that could be dangerous to himself or others around him...and probably will do again in some point in the future....that is life...Otherwise we should send Jerry a mail to stop selling performance products because skies are becoming dangerous to ride and because in some states there are speed limits
    Last edited by Sigmarxt; 03-16-2014 at 02:04 PM.

5. +1 by:

+1
    Laws are meant to be broken!

+1
    Did you break the law imo no! You were having fun so be it. Yes we are sterotyped yes the water patrol lick their chops everytime any ski is out on the water! I get harassed about 50% of the time out on the water that shit pisses me off! I have been riding in the same spot for about 2 years with a friend almost every saturday-sometimes sunday around the pier in o-side.. Law 200ft from pier 300ft from surfers we are roughly 500ft from any surfer-person in the water. We ride around the pier because we ride aggressively wot-balls to the wall. In hopes that if anything ever happens (god willing it doesn't)to us someone on the pier would call for help!. Bottom line the fing water partrol fucks with us religiously telling us to ride outside the pier because that's what they want (that would be about 1200ft from anyone) and it pisses me off! We do not break the law we follow every law-rule. Surfers bitch saying we mess up there waves the fisherman bitch saying we scare their fish I say fuck off to them and have fun. Enjoy your pwc! You were having fun fight it 3guys yeah gay but that's what it took for you to pull a wheelie. Rant off!

8. +1 by:

Formerly Ultra250 TN Aquaholic6801's Avatar
    +1
    You ever wonder why the Water Patrol fucks with PWC more than any other vessels? Because a select few deciede to do dumb shit, like was posted earlier if you are going to do dumb shit get away from everybody else that way if something goes wrong you dont hurt anybody else except maybe your self......yes there is freestyle , but its in a controlled enviroment and there arent other people out there trying to enjoy the water, same with closed course racing and now the Hydro Drags....Im a jet skier and a fisherman....when Im in my boat fishing I hate to see a PWC heading my way , because a select few have no clue as to what is going on around them and fly by 20 yards away from the boat....happened to me twice last week....Got to remember that we or they dont own the lake and we have to share the water with each other......There are Laws and Rules to every thing we do in Life...if you break the Rules and get caught you pay the price....or worse you hurt yourself or even worse you hurt some one else.....Just food for thought....On a lighter note , Its still GAY as hell for 3 dudes to be on a ski no matter what you are doing especially when trying "to stand straight up.".................

10. +1 by:

+1
    An officer can look at this type of operation along the lines of 'negligence' in terms of safety of passengers and boating as well. of you are the operator you are responsible for the safety of those on board your vessel. It is up to you to correct them onboard if they are doing anything that would deter safe operations underway. These boats were not designed for this type of activity but for all onboard to be in a seated position, not standing or kneeling or holding onto the re-boarding handle. You can certainly try to fight it, but you better prepare yourself because those here have given you effective explanations that are admissable in a court of law as evidence against your actions. Lawyers do track and read these posts as well as law enforcement. As other posts state very effectively and with positive explanations, rectal/vaginal/orifice injuries can occur, as well as falls on board or overboard. Injures could result, doesn't mean they will, but is it forseeable? This is a boat, and its expected to be operated as one. A stand up PWC is the way to go if you are looking for a different type of rider behavior for a sole operator IMO.

Nobody should be operating a PWC in this manner, because we have had to fight a bad stigma for many years about the problematic PWC operations, and its a global problem of operators. Usually a ticket is the first introduction to boating safety education. That's what happened with me.. It's just the common sense approach to responsible and safe boating. Our community has many examples of problems throughout 5 generations of community involvement and safety outreach and education development that all lead to why these laws were drafted and applicable to PWC owners/operators.

Plus you are legally liable for any passengers injuries or if you loan the craft to another. All our behaviors are learned behaviors. Education is the first platform to trust to protect your own liability and those on board. The issues we have from behavioral learning is that ignorance is not above the law, and watching somebody else doing something doesn't mean its legal or responsible. Is it fun? Yeah it can be, but there is a price for it. $119 is not too much money as a preventable measure. You need to realize that as a community, each of us is responsible for our actions underway and what is posted on youtube. Those postings can be used against our boater community in court cases if they go that route. It's tough to realize there is a larger outreach of responsibility beyond individual pursuit or fun factor, but with cameras and internet, every word is stricken for future use or reference. Try getting a reckless riding and negligent operation of a motorized vessel for $1200 or a lawsuit for millions. Not fun.
    Last edited by shawn alladio; 06-24-2013 at 01:48 PM. Reason: typo

This is how I run a jetski shop in the desert nmpeter's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Boost-A-Holic View Post
    which is likely why my shop and personal liability insurance goes up each year. Every time there is a huge payout..the entire body of insured bear the burden.

this type of behavior is why we have laws written by those with influence, to protect those without influence. Wonder why PWC aren't allowed in Biscayne bay Florida? Folks buzzing the shores all the time

So you're out there hot dogging it ( as it is a right of living in the US to behave as you like if you are willing to deal with the penalties) and you flip..along I come on my boat and for some reason ( oh, the other pwc constantly trying to jump my wake) I don't see you. I run you over and you lose a leg.

here we all have lost because YOU put yourself in harms way. "PWC'S are dangerous, Big boats don't belong on this lake, can't _they_ do something about this?"

Want to go fast?

I drove a car 157 mph..all perfectly legal and with the expectation if something did happen the chopper that was on standby would fly me out of there.

Just go to your favorite nascar driving school ( I did mine at the Las Vegas Motor Speedway)

Want to ride like there's no tomorrow?..enter a sanctioned race., where not only is that kind of behavior expected, it's protected.

Don't ride like there is no tomorrow on a waterway that is open to the public, as you'll find the public isn't very kind when "minority groups" infringe on the rights of "the majority"

We fought the fight with motorcycles back in the day "share the road" was the result

There is no way we can win this battle as power boaters and fisherfolks have a much larger and better equipped lobby.

Want to ride extreme?.. organize an event, get it insured and invite all of your buddies.

We have parts of our lake shut down ever year for drag boat racing..great fun to watch and great fun to be on a really fast speedboat.

All of you extreme riders who insist on making public spectacles for whatever reason should stop being such selfish pricks. Cops would rather watch the day go by and not have to get involved with folks that think acting foolish with a powerboat is their god given right.

Now a couple of years ago a ranger grabbed me after I did a couple of speed runs on a customers RXT...

my test spot ( this was the year before I purchased my test tank) is far from any commonly used fishing hole or boat ramp

PR-Going a bit fast there?
    Me-Yessir, that's why I'm out here at 6 am with my wife back there watching the entire thing with her binoculars.."just in case" I needed really smooth water and in a couple of hours it's like an ocean out in the channel
    PR-Get one more run in and call it a morning and check in with us before you want to do this again. They sent me out to talk to you about unsafe operation, some campers thought you were going to kill yourself, but it is clear to me you know exactly what you are doing.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by nmpeter View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Boost-A-Holic View Post
    which is likely why my shop and personal liability insurance goes up each year. Every time there is a huge payout..the entire body of insured bear the burden.

this type of behavior is why we have laws written by those with influence, to protect those without influence. Wonder why PWC aren't allowed in Biscayne bay Florida? Folks buzzing the shores all the time

So you're out there hot dogging it ( as it is a right of living in the US to behave as you like if you are willing to deal with the penalties) and you flip..along I come on my boat and for some reason ( oh, the other pwc constantly trying to jump my wake) I don't see you. I run you over and you lose a leg.

here we all have lost because YOU put yourself in harms way. "PWC'S are dangerous, Big boats don't belong on this lake, can't _they_ do something about this?"

Want to go fast?

I drove a car 157 mph..all perfectly legal and with the expectation if something did happen the chopper that was on standby would fly me out of there.

Just go to your favorite nascar driving school ( I did mine at the Las Vegas Motor Speedway)

Want to ride like there's no tomorrow?..enter a sanctioned race., where not only is that kind of behavior expected, it's protected.

Don't ride like there is no tomorrow on a waterway that is open to the public, as you'll find the public isn't very kind when "minority groups" infringe on the rights of "the majority"

We fought the fight with motorcycles back in the day "share the road" was the result

There is no way we can win this battle as power boaters and fisherfolks have a much larger and better equipped lobby.

Want to ride extreme?.. organize an event, get it insured and invite all of your buddies.

We have parts of our lake shut down ever year for drag boat racing..great fun to watch and great fun to be on a really fast speedboat.

All of you extreme riders who insist on making public spectacles for whatever reason should stop being such selfish pricks. Cops would rather watch the day go by and not have to get involved with folks that think acting foolish with a powerboat is their god given right.

Now a couple of years ago a ranger grabbed me after I did a couple of speed runs on a customers RXT...

my test spot ( this was the year before I purchased my test tank) is far from any commonly used fishing hole or boat ramp

PR-Going a bit fast there?
    Me-Yessir, that's why I'm out here at 6 am with my wife back there watching the entire thing with her binoculars.."just in case" I needed really smooth water and in a couple of hours it's like an ocean out in the channel
    PR-Get one more run in and call it a morning and check in with us before you want to do this again. They sent me out to talk to you about unsafe operation, some campers thought you were going to kill yourself, but it is clear to me you know exactly what you are doing.
    LOL

my section of lake is fairly secluded from the lake traffic.

your insurance isnt going up becuase im having a blast on my ski.....its going up because some idiot who doesnt know his limits did something stupid and couldnt pull it off.

i like to tag behind a boat at a safe distance until everyone in it starts starin at me with that "hes gonna jump it" look on their face then i have me some fun.

if a boat is towing a tuber/skier/boarder i stay the hell away.

i race both on and off the track....cant hit 200 on the 1/4 mile but i know i can at 3AM on the tollroad when theres next to no one on it.

i ride everything i own like theres no tomorrow within reason. Theres a time and place for everything and i know what im doing and i definitely know my limits. am i bouncing of the limiter sliding sideways in traffic?? no.....i save that for when i got the road to myself.

its dumbasses who dont know jack that try to do something way out of there capabilities that ruins it for the rest of us.

Ride hard but most importantly ride smart. if you know you can fly accross some wake at 75 for a boat full of bitches to see......then do it. chances are those hotties are gonna want a ride

with that being said thanks dad but im gonna keep doin what i do best and thats having fun testing my limits.

and as far as the authorities go....keep an eye out. If your gonna do something rowdy look around and make sure the rangers/parks n wildlife arent watching. better not to rub it in there face they get pretty butt hurt.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information