Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13212223

Couple of questions -

I have a '06 RXT that just had the SC rebuilt from dealer (BRP Rebuild Kit). I was going to have Jerry do it, but daughter drove ski up onto the dock and was able to negotiate the body work and SC rebuild.

(1) I had the ski out this year , less than 1 hour, and everything seems to be fine. I was fortunate that I never had an issue prior, so ski is running just as it was before rebuild - which is good. Question I have is there anything , break-in, that I need to be aware of with the rebuild?

(2) I have a chance/possibility to purchase (2) 2009 RXT's. I know/believe the SC on these have the metal washers. The purchase , if I go through, would not be local. My brother lives in the area though the ski's are being sold. He knows really nothing about ski's - so I would have him bring the ski's to a local Seadoo dealership to have them looked at. My question is what specifically should I have the dealer look at - I don't want them to just look at the machines "kick the tires," and state all looks great. The ski's both have around 50 hrs each.

Sounds like youre the guy i have been looking for. I just purchased (used) a 2007 SeaDoo RXT with 105 hours. No SC rebuild has been done. I just removed the SC myself with assistance from this forum, and now feel the need to be conservative. Instead of purchasing just the new metal washers, I have ordered the entire OEM rebuild kit. Is this a waste of money? Are you certain that there is no need to rebuild the entire SuperCharger? As long as I have that thing removed, I would rather pay the insurance of a whole rebuild to save jepordizing catastrophic failure. Your thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

Rebuild the entire SC. Seadoo recommends that at the 100Hr mark , you are there and already have the SC removed.

Quote Originally Posted by bcowdell View Post
    Sounds like youre the guy i have been looking for. I just purchased (used) a 2007 SeaDoo RXT with 105 hours. No SC rebuild has been done. I just removed the SC myself with assistance from this forum, and now feel the need to be conservative. Instead of purchasing just the new metal washers, I have ordered the entire OEM rebuild kit. Is this a waste of money? Are you certain that there is no need to rebuild the entire SuperCharger? As long as I have that thing removed, I would rather pay the insurance of a whole rebuild to save jepordizing catastrophic failure. Your thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

Hi,
    I'm looking to buy a 2007 RXP with 118 hours. The owner says the washers have been replaced but the supercharger has not been rebuilt and does not need to be. I've never owned a SeaDoo with a supercharger but was told that typically, unlike a Yamaha, the SeaDoo supercharger should be rebuilt every 100 hours. Any advice here would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

+1
    Yes, you should do a complete rebuild at 118 HRS

Thank you....

Quote Originally Posted by bluestram View Post
    Yes, you should do a complete rebuild at 118 HRS
    Thank you very much for the confirmation.

+1
    My Gtx 255 iS 2009 model just reached 160 hours.
    SC i was told by dealership had its service at 100 hours.

The last 5 days i rode for 6 hours some quite long distances...aprox 85-90 miles.
    Noticed my ski lost rpm and speed. Also at around 6000-6500rpm the ski seems sluggish instead of giving more boost.
    at first i thought it was the riva springs and retainers, being heavier, that led to the power loss.
    I installed the rotax retainers along with the oem springs, but no luck. At first it would go up to 8300rpms (vtech stage 1 tune) but only once....then it wouldn't go over 8000.
    Moreover once i just saw i have no oil visible in the oil stick! I suspect it might be the oring of the SC....i ll take it off tomorrow to check the whole thing. Any ideas as to what else to check?
    Oil level was fine 5 hours ago.

Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13212223

Thread Information