Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    MSX 150 guy lives on Mr. GP1800's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Stroker 1450 View Post
    Jay glad to see your post. I think your right on the money, that's why I ordered 10 stator kits last year as you know. It,s a shame to see Polaris forget about a product that so many guys are still supporting. Sad to see so many ski,s for sale because they can't get ign. Parts. By the way Brian P that x45 you did is a beautiful boat. Awesome job putting it back together. Great attention to detail Brian,and yes Jay does a phenomenal job on all his cyls. And is a huge help to anyone who will actually listen to his advise.
    Thank you for the awesome compliment!!!! I have 2 kits myself in my spare parts inventory. The motor is running awesome, with Jay's advice and the minor upgrades I did, it really is a fun boat. Those Fusion sled reeds are a great bang for the buck!!!!!!

Has anyone actually written to Scott Wine yet? I plan to, I am just trying to gather all of my thoughts yet.

+1
    I dont see polaris making the kits again. They dont want to deal with skis anymore. If someone wants get ahold of PVL give them 100k and ask them to make them....bet they would.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by BryanP View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Stroker 1450 View Post
    Jay glad to see your post. I think your right on the money, that's why I ordered 10 stator kits last year as you know. It,s a shame to see Polaris forget about a product that so many guys are still supporting. Sad to see so many ski,s for sale because they can't get ign. Parts. By the way Brian P that x45 you did is a beautiful boat. Awesome job putting it back together. Great attention to detail Brian,and yes Jay does a phenomenal job on all his cyls. And is a huge help to anyone who will actually listen to his advise.
    Thank you for the awesome compliment!!!! I have 2 kits myself in my spare parts inventory. The motor is running awesome, with Jay's advice and the minor upgrades I did, it really is a fun boat. Those Fusion sled reeds are a great bang for the buck!!!!!!

Has anyone actually written to Scott Wine yet? I plan to, I am just trying to gather all of my thoughts yet.
    Bryans not kidding. I rode that x45. Pictures dont do it justice...makes me wish I had listened and bought an sltx and not an slx. But the slx will be fun.

+1
    If you guys want to have them made there are other guys out there who are PVL dealers and are willing to get the stuff made if theres enough interest and money up front ,but they are not willing to put up there own money and you would need a nice size order also not just 15 or 20 more like 50-100 units

+1
    Just a thought, 100 units, I'm guessing $300 per unit, sell for $400... $10,000 return on a $30,000 investment over the course of what, three years... Wonder if Jerry would consider selling them in the store?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Fink View Post
    Just a thought, 100 units, I'm guessing $300 per unit, sell for $400... $10,000 return on a $30,000 investment over the course of what, three years... Wonder if Jerry would consider selling them in the store?
    yes you can make nice money on your investment and still sell them at a reasonable price but you would need to have the cash up front and be able to wait for your initial investment to make a profit and most guys on here aren't willing to tie up that much money and with sbt already making stators for them i don't think cdi's and coils will be far behind so your taking a chance on investing in them

+1
    Maybe instead of a letter to the CEO of Polaris, perhaps a letter to SBT would be more productive.

+1
    Ok so it has been over a week now and just wondering if anyone has emailed or better yet come up with a letter. It seems like as always that everyone has the answers. This is why I don't bother to post much if anything anymore.

Don't you think that Polaris has the money to lay out and get the money back over a few years? I bet you they only pay about 50.00 for a stator and 75.00 for a CDI box. Then they mark it up to the dealer and the dealer marks it up a small fraction more. But there are some that have it marked up 150% from dealer.

If we all had money burning in our pockets we could have a better ignition that what PVL is using on our boats. These ignition parts have a high fail rate. I would not only have PVL make them but fix them as well. If they could not offer me to give my customers a year warranty I would go and look somewhere else for a better ignition.

You guys do as you wish. I just figured I would give a heads up. I am not going to post anymore on here as it seems pointless.

I ordered a stator from SBT.....backorder....I want to see who makes it. Is it Chinese or a PVL? I guess either way it can't be worse.

Oh and in case you were wondering SBT was going to purchase Polaris PWC rights and parts but I guess they could not strike a deal and there pockets were not deep enough.

MSX 150 guy lives on Mr. GP1800's Avatar
    +1
    Come on guys. Lets put together some points we want to send on to Polaris and try to get this moving. My first thought is to link to this site and show how many people come on here looking for kits. It seems to be one or two a day that are looking for stators, CDIs or both. Someone throw out some other ideas here as to what else they thing is important to pass along. If I had enough cash, I would get these parts made myself. But I don't.

Jay,
    Any idea on what kind of cash outlay we would be talking to get a batch of kits made? Maybe we could get a group together to have some made. Just a thought.

I wonder if a place like Partspitstop would be interested in getting in???

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 2&4strokepolaristech View Post
    Ok so it has been over a week now and just wondering if anyone has emailed or better yet come up with a letter. It seems like as always that everyone has the answers. This is why I don't bother to post much if anything anymore.

Don't you think that Polaris has the money to lay out and get the money back over a few years? I bet you they only pay about 50.00 for a stator and 75.00 for a CDI box. Then they mark it up to the dealer and the dealer marks it up a small fraction more. But there are some that have it marked up 150% from dealer.

If we all had money burning in our pockets we could have a better ignition that what PVL is using on our boats. These ignition parts have a high fail rate. I would not only have PVL make them but fix them as well. If they could not offer me to give my customers a year warranty I would go and look somewhere else for a better ignition.

You guys do as you wish. I just figured I would give a heads up. I am not going to post anymore on here as it seems pointless.

I ordered a stator from SBT.....backorder....I want to see who makes it. Is it Chinese or a PVL? I guess either way it can't be worse.

Oh and in case you were wondering SBT was going to purchase Polaris PWC rights and parts but I guess they could not strike a deal and there pockets were not deep enough.

To me polaris has no interest in it at all and i've talked to people who own dealerships and sell polaris sleds and quads and they have not gotten anywhere with it either and Jay is right the parts are CHEAP when Polaris orders them and they still won't do it so someone come up with a Letter that might grab there attention and get them interested again
    Jay should know the dealer cost from when he worked at the dealership and i bet it was pretty cheap and then cut off what Polaris marks them up to the dealer and i'd say around 200.00 a kit or less
    Last edited by 785 lugs; 06-09-2013 at 12:08 PM.

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread Information