Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    +1
    WOW! I hope this version has all the bugs worked out. Interesting feedback. They make it sound like you just download a base map which best corresponds to your level of modifications and your good togo. Install an AFR & monitor the tune, contact Riva for a download if a custom tune is needed or attempt to adjust the map yourself. I don't have any FI tuning experience, only NA. Last thing I want to do is spend hours of time tuning vs riding! You FL guys have it made, at least you have access to reputable shops for tuning/building. Upstate NY it's trial and error.

Edit: How is Island Racing for FZR tuning?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakeside518 View Post
    WOW! They make it sound like you just download a base map which best corresponds to your level of modifications and your good togo. Install an AFR & monitor the tune, contact Riva for a download if a custom tune is needed or attempt to adjust the map yourself.
    Very true! but the good news is this thread is beneficial to all, as more users chime in with their difficulties Riva will hopefully burn the midnight oil.

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=190572

This is a link to the results of the athena on a sho... I thought it could help and ask him how he did it... hope it helps I personally don't know much but I found this

Whats that whistling noise? jtskier11's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by FZS Monty View Post
    Sad but true my friend..

Rick, I have an R3 which I used to start up my fresh build and it was great. Also, 340lph fuel pump, and 1000cc injectors installed. Everything needed to run stage 3+ map
    If you call and chat with Bill or Glenn at R&D I would almost bet they can get you all squared away on a reflash for your build or dam close.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by dairon2180 View Post
    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=190572

This is a link to the results of the athena on a sho... I thought it could help and ask him how he did it... hope it helps I personally don't know much but I found this
    Those are the results of my experience with the Athena, but I had the help of Jorge at JV performance to handle the installation/tuning so I didn't have to deal with what Monty did thank God. I do know though that the instructions are pretty vague and it did take trial an error to get everything to work just right. From my experience with the Athena the pros are: Awesome acceleration, and a faster top end at lower rpm when compared to reflashes. The cons are: Idle is way too high, even with Jorge's help, I had to get on the phone with Riva a couple of times to clear up some things, takes a few pushes of the "start" button to crank it up, had to reload the map a couple of times after something tripped my check engine light (both times I reloaded map, the check engine light went away), no cruise control or "no wake" mode for those with FX SHOs (this was the main reason I sold mine).

+1
    So, who is successfully running Athena on their Yamaha, at the present time? And if you are, please help us out!

Yamahamiamiski, that's such a waste of time and effort, hate it when it happens. You spend time and money tuning it and wind up selling it in the end. Nothing like a factory PLUG AND PLAY, retaining all features.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by yamahamiamiski View Post
    no cruise control or "no wake" mode for those with FX SHOs (this was the main reason I sold mine).
    You guys can't get away from this. This is no faults of the Athena. Any stand alone ECU takes away these features. If you can't live without them then the Athena or any other standalone isn't for you.

+1
    But one thing I'm insanely mad about is that I spend my money only to realize RIVA sold me a trial unit basically. The new and improved one is coming out just now. WTF. They never even warned us and said " Ok we have some Athena's now if you want but in a few we will be releasing the new and improved Athena." I feel like a total guinea pig. I really couldn't believe RIVA did that.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Waterholics View Post
    But one thing I'm insanely mad about is that I spend my money only to realize RIVA sold me a trial unit basically. The new and improved one is coming out just now. WTF. They never even warned us and said " Ok we have some Athena's now if you want but in a few we will be releasing the new and improved Athena." I feel like a total guinea pig. I really couldn't believe RIVA did that.
    +1 i feel the same way,

+1
    +2

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread Information