Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1

    pre mix on a fuel injected ski ??????

    Can you run premix through the injectors or will i blow up the ski ?

  2. #2
    Happily Self-Employed WFO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    12,965
    +1
    491
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrian52492 View Post
    Can you run premix through the injectors or will i blow up the ski ?
    been doing it for years, no problem


  3. #3
    OzarkYamMonster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Lake Of The Ozarks
    Posts
    2,271
    +1
    333
    I am not sure what your are confused about? Gas & oil have to get into the engine to be burned weather it is injected or fed through carbs this is the case on all 2-strokes. Fuel injection only is performing the funcion of getting the pre-mix gas or stright gas from the tank & getting its oil from the oil tank pump to the injector system or to the carbs.. no issues I have both types of 2-stroke skis ... one is fuel injected and the other is carb but both must get a combination of gas & oil, this fuction can be pre-mix with the use of oil injector or you can block off the oil pump system and premix your gas & oil and then pour into tank for your carb type ski or fuel injected ski .... its that simple

  4. +1 by:


  5. #4
    lol ok thanks guys I was thinking the same thing just wanted to be sure

  6. #5
    My ski is a 2006 gp 1300 r fuel injected. What type of oil do you use for premix and what ratio? The manual says wot is 30:1. My ski blew up twice, I've been pre mixing using klotz snow/ski. Had my injectors cleaned for the first time, since I bought it used. I'm hoping this fixes the issue. Testing it out today. Was missing at wot and when I was heading back half throttle for about 5 to 10 mintues the warning heat sensor came on at 40:1 mix. So I'm heading out today changed plugs for the missing and trying 30:1 for the heat. I hope this fixes the issue first sign of anything I'm heading back. Any advice would help thanks.

  7. #6
    Okay the ski is running good so far. No issues on the 30:1 ratio. However being it just got rebuilt the top of the pistons were clean and going from front to back the pistons are more burnt looking in the front cylinder 1. Cylinder 2 in the middle and cylinder 3 being less burnt. Any ideas? An is this normal 2 stroke wear from the oil? The only thing I can think of that could be the cause is the air intake being in the front so cylinder 1 is getting the most air then cylinder 2 then 3. I know they make individual intake filters for each but there homemade I can't find any aftermarket ones. Any ideas?

  8. #7
    Tool Bag water worx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Sunny Fla
    Posts
    2,410
    +1
    136
    Quote Originally Posted by OzarkYamMonster View Post
    I am not sure what your are confused about? Gas & oil have to get into the engine to be burned weather it is injected or fed through carbs this is the case on all 2-strokes. Fuel injection only is performing the funcion of getting the pre-mix gas or stright gas from the tank & getting its oil from the oil tank pump to the injector system or to the carbs.. no issues I have both types of 2-stroke skis ... one is fuel injected and the other is carb but both must get a combination of gas & oil, this fuction can be pre-mix with the use of oil injector or you can block off the oil pump system and premix your gas & oil and then pour into tank for your carb type ski or fuel injected ski .... its that simple
    The point where the fuel is injected makes the difference. Yamaha injectors are in the air intake area so it can be premixed.

    However Seadoo RFI & DI or Kawasaki DI's CAN NOT be premixed due to point of injection being on top of motor. So bottom end would get no oil & kill the crank bearings.

  9. +1 by:


  10. #8
    Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    near Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    41,844
    +1
    2,091
    Quote Originally Posted by water worx View Post
    The point where the fuel is injected makes the difference. Yamaha injectors are in the air intake area so it can be premixed.

    However Seadoo RFI & DI or Kawasaki DI's CAN NOT be premixed due to point of injection being on top of motor. So bottom end would get no oil & kill the crank bearings.
    Polaris Ficht Direct Injection engines also cannot use pre-mixed oil in the fuel.

  11. +1 by:


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Piston wash on Ficht fuel injected engines
    By K447 in forum Polaris Open Discussion
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 06-21-2016, 03:51 PM
  2. Attn :Fuel Injected skis
    By N8R in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 11-06-2009, 05:46 PM
  3. Running pre-mix on 951's????
    By OutlawGPR in forum 2-Stroke Performance
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-20-2009, 06:01 PM
  4. 95, SL 750-Pre-Mix, gobs of fuel in engine-no start
    By dorf in forum Polaris How To & FAQs
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-09-2008, 11:18 AM
  5. Going pre-mix on an Ultra150
    By KirkF350 in forum Kawasaki PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-11-2006, 07:56 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •