Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    MSX 150 guy lives on Mr. GP1800's Avatar
    +1
    This is pretty funny. The squirrel is hilarious

Just in case someone is trying to revive a 19 year old ski, I thought I would register and comment.

Although this thread began as a Polaris ski, and injector O-ring sizes from a 2004 Virage i 800cc (injector PN 5004243), I thought that the injector looked very similar to my 2000 Kawasaki 1100 STX DI ski's injectors. The part number from my injectors is 5001161.

The McMaster Carr part numbers were accurate *except* user 'UnityRacing' noted that the #2 O-ring (provided by user K447) was incorrect and gave the correct part as "#120". I assume that to mean "Dash Number 120". *BUT* the link he provided was to the original incorrect part number of the Dash Number 214 part. Also, user K447 (after confirming with UnityRacing) said he would update his post, and is noted as such, with the correct number but that also links to the incorrect part.

I believe these are the correct parts, from top of the injector down....

6540K137
    9464K84
    5267T36
    9452K85

The problem I'm having with this ski that's been sitting up for about 5 years in the garage, is that when executing the fuel pump test (using KADIAG from PC) I'm immediately getting fuel flow from all of the injectors. Mind you that's without executing the injector test - just fuel pump. If these O-ring replacements don't do it it's possible the fuel rail regulator is clogged - will check that next.

Good luck to anyone else that stumbles upon this thread - I think it's the only one that dives down into the injectors without sending them off for repair at $200-$300/each.

Oh, if someone wants to order these O-rings as a kit - send me a PM. With having to order between 25 and 100 for each of the parts - I have quite a bit left over!
    Last edited by BusaPilot; 06-11-2018 at 12:40 PM. Reason: formatting

Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    Welcome

I will recheck the links in that old post later.

Note that Ficht fuel injectors must be installed into the cylinder heads before you can pressurize them from the fuel pump.

When not installed (just loose in the air) the Ficht injectors will leak when the fuel pump pressurizes the injectors.

The mechanical compression force on the injector tip when installed into the head is what keeps the injector tip sealed to the injector body. And to the cylinder head opening.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by BusaPilot View Post
    Just in case someone is trying to revive a 19 year old ski, I thought I would register and comment.
    Welcome, and thanks for your great first post!

I hope you don't, but if you ever need your EMM looked at i (via Lakeside Tech) can help.

+1
    I have complete kits. You will not need to order more, just what you want PM me.

Wow! I didn't expect any replies to this aging topic!

Thanks K447 for your input! I *thought* I could just pull the injectors leaving the fuel rail and electrical connections attached and see if they "spray" OK - I guess not. Your comment makes sense - because they weren't actually spraying but just "dribbling" fuel into some short glass jars I had placed underneath each injector. As those tips are a bit of a loose fit (I see a compression type circular spring on them) I'm surprised I didn't shoot the tips out of each injector! I also understand that when installed, the injector bolts keep the tip in place. I also appreciate your comment about making sure these go in straight and torqued evenly.

Putting the o-rings on now and hope to post something soon with positive results!

For those following along (and *THANKS* for your input), my 2000 Kawasaki 1100 STX DI issue got kicked out like a red-headed step-child into this new topic, "FICHT Injector Problems". Currently looking for a method to affordably and accurately measure the 28psi nominal fuel pressure.

Quote Originally Posted by CliffsidePM View Post
    I have complete kits. You will not need to order more, just what you want PM me.
    I'm looking to buy 3 o-ring kits.but it won't let me pm you.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Warbird19 View Post
    I'm looking to buy 3 o-ring kits.but it won't let me pm you.
    Welcome to Greenhulk! New users are not allowed to send PM's until they get some posts under their belt (like 5 maybe)? In the meantime I have passed your request along to @CliffsidePM.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread Information