Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    +1
    ^ Your absolutely right however I'm just looking to start it for him and I know the compression is there for it to start just not enough spark at the moment. Guess it cant hurt to do a compression test.

+1
    When you say low spark how are you sure of this. try taking a old spark plug and opening the gap to about an 1/4 inch and see if it will jump the gap wile grounded to the side of the motor..
    If it is firing at all try pouring about a bottle cap full of mixed gas in all the spark plug holes and install all plugs and try starting it.
    just to see if it will try to run at all let us know what it does.

+1
    Ive already tried adding gas into the holes and still nothing. I can tell its a low spark because I can see the spark when i have the plugs disconnected with just the spark plug hanging out. Each of the 3 seems to have a low spark, Again, I'm not expert but im quite certain its just not enough spark to start the engine.

+1
    I checked the spark before on a GPR and I could barely see the it. The ski ran great. So your spark may be ok.

+1
    OK just wanted to make sure we check everything. I dont think the problem is in the front cover unless its the ground. if it is firing on all plugs the only main component in the front cover that controls firing is the trigger or pickup. and if it is firing on all cylinders tells you that the CDI is reading the timing points on the flywheel and is sending the signal to the coils. if you do have a weak spark start looking for corroded wires especially grounds. make sure the front cover is properly grounded and the grounds inside the electrical box. the main ground that could cause this kind of issue is the ground inside the front cover or corroded wiring coming from the front cover.

one way to tell if it is the ground inside the front cover without actually pulling the cover is to run a temporally ground from the battery to the inside of the electrical box on one of the ground lugs.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information