Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    +1
    Nice work! Good idea with the double clamps on the exhaust. I started doing that for piece of mind since once the battery bucket goes in, you can't see crap back there....

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by rangermtb5 View Post
    Nice work! Good idea with the double clamps on the exhaust. I started doing that for piece of mind since once the battery bucket goes in, you can't see crap back there....
    Thanks I appreciate it! Yeah exactly on doubling up the clamps. I had them, might as well use them. Don't want any leaking that I won't see and taking out the battery box gets annoying after awhile.

+1
    I finally picked up a Solas DF 14/20 impeller from Frank (Peteshauling). It's Trued, Balanced and has Carl's race finish. For some reason I'm second guessing myself on the pitch of this impeller for my ski with my mods. I do not know the RPM's the ski is putting out yet. Does anyone have any input on this or running and similar set up? I am most likely going to do a R1 Reflash too from R&D and keep in mind I will be installing the hole shot kit and modified ride plate.

+1
    Put it on and go for a pass. You're going to love the mid range on that prop.

Your ski is coming together nicely.

+1
    Thanks alot! Any ideas on what speed this ski will be hitting with that prop and my mods? 70 mph?

Banned User
    +1
    if you dont have a tach, get one now. the pet tach in the store is the way to go

I had a dealer near me change my prop last summer. They put on a solas dynafly 14/20.. since my ski is stock should it have been a solas concord 13/19? I think someone explained this on another thread but does this mean that Im loosing speed with this prop, it was hard to tell since I wasnt riding with a gps last summer. If im right about this, maybe ill look into swaping it out..

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by thatdude596 View Post
    if you dont have a tach, get one now. the pet tach in the store is the way to go
    I installed a tiny tach already on the ski so im ready to go to watch my RPMs with the new prop.

Quote Originally Posted by CJ's gpr View Post
    I had a dealer near me change my prop last summer. They put on a solas dynafly 14/20.. since my ski is stock should it have been a solas concord 13/19? I think someone explained this on another thread but does this mean that Im loosing speed with this prop, it was hard to tell since I wasnt riding with a gps last summer. If im right about this, maybe ill look into swaping it out..
    Depends, from what Ive heard some stock GPRs can turn a 14/20 and some cant. It's an excellent prop for mid and high range. Like what thatdude596 recommended to me was to get a tach. You need to watch your RPMs with the new prop. You dont want to be lugging out the motor (Struggling to turn the prop especially from the hole) or over spinning (too high of RPMs). If your motor is struggling to turn the 14/20 then I would deffinelty take it out and get it depitched to a 13/19 which is a great pitch for a stock gp1300.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by BLACKandSILVER06GPR View Post
    Thanks alot! Any ideas on what speed this ski will be hitting with that prop and my mods? 70 mph?
    You've done some very nice work so far !!

your tach looks beat up from the pic. It looks to be wired right though.

For $47 I would swap out a new TT http://tinytach.com/gasoline.php
    -note the new "standard" TTach updates at .5 sec but max RPM memory requires the "commercial" at $65. http://tinytach.com/commercial.php

top speed of a gpr relies on setup as much as the engine/prop. a dynafly should put you at 7200ish rpm
    -to throw out an openning number: 69.2mph

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by steach View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BLACKandSILVER06GPR View Post
    You've done some very nice work so far !!

your tach looks beat up from the pic. It looks to be wired right though.

For $47 I would swap out a new TT http://tinytach.com/gasoline.php
    -note the new "standard" TTach updates at .5 sec but max RPM memory requires the "commercial" at $65. http://tinytach.com/commercial.php

top speed of a gpr relies on setup as much as the engine/prop. a dynafly should put you at 7200ish rpm
    -to throw out an openning number: 69.2mph
    Thanks everyone! The tach actually is brand new. I left the plastic cover on the screen until i take it out for the first time lol and is reading perfect after I adjusted it. But I bought the TT2A the one under the commercial. I also do know that I have alot more work ahead of me tunning the ride plate and shimming it to the perfect angle. Is there a standard angle or shim that people start at with the ride plates and trim tabs.. Ive read alot of Paleriders build thread on his GPR which now one of my good friends owns and in his thread he had a .060 shim on the tabs.

Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread Information