Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by gprxpduglas View Post
    So far I did run like 18 hours with the race charger. Check slip and dropped a little but it's running great. So far I did see 18.8 pounds of boost at 8950 rpm. I am sure I will see over 19 to 20 at 9200 rpm
    Is that the ET 140 or 145?

+1
    I believe you boost gauge is high
    I used a map sensor logged on a cmd and spun my 145 over 9200
    and never got above 18
    usually not even 18psi
    checked slip even had Art look at it and he said it was fine...lol

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by superjetpilot View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by gprxpduglas View Post
    So far I did run like 18 hours with the race charger. Check slip and dropped a little but it's running great. So far I did see 18.8 pounds of boost at 8950 rpm. I am sure I will see over 19 to 20 at 9200 rpm
    Is that the ET 140 or 145?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by skidoochris View Post
    and never got above 18
    usually not even 18psi
    Art made this special charger for this ski...... this charger it's been running for more then 3 years. I just bought it last winter.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by skidoochris View Post
    and never got above 18
    usually not even 18psi
    You should get more boost at 9200 rpm with a race charger......... more then 18 for sure.
    Some guys here they see 19 to 20... just my opinion. ....

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by rotax racing View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 270rxp View Post
    I noticed in the past few months there has been a few unhappy people with the et race charger. i seen that someone had failed one after a few hours etc etc. we have ran it on pump fuel with the motec and see great results. we have used one for over 10 hours now and checked slip after ran in as mentioned to do in the instructions, so far so good. has been used 90% in choppy water which is not recommended but we did it anyway to see how long it would last. lets face it to test a charger out to its limit is in chop. i have to say it is one loud aggressive supercharger. the ski is a full open race boat. i also want to no if its to do with our setup but the charge temps are very steady. we also have the water cooled housing on it which i think would help to a point. I think it would be interesting to see how far we can go with it on a 9k rpm and race fuel. anyway just my two bobs.

Both the 70-145 and Rude 3 are good chargers and will make advertised boost numbers if everything is set up correctly. Have seen 20lbs on both of these at or around 9k. IMO these "RACE" chargers should only be used in lower rpm applications due to the extreme stress put on the OEM shaft and flywheel. Regardless of what anyone tells you they will not hold up in chop or high rpm conditions.

Comparatively the 68-140 and the 2Rude can take much more abuse and when spun over 9k they will make 20lbs+ boost each. This is the way we choose to make power with more dependabilty in respect of testing everything out there during countless hrs of R&D..

Being a dick to one of our long time moderators is simply just stupid. Sno was just asking questions and surely would have helped you no matter the SC. Don't start a questionnaire thread if you don't want answers and opinions.

My .02
    not exactly what i have found. there are quite a few people using arts race charger at high rpm with no issues. there is a guy up here in canada with a conversion ski that has run 104 mph with a race charger. this thing lives over 9000 rpm most of the time ( and as high as 9500) and he has logged over 60 hrs with only having to replace the spring washers once. he has seen over 22 psi boost at those rpms.
    This is the ski I got last year.

+1

Both the 70-145 and Rude 3 are good chargers and will make advertised boost numbers if everything is set up correctly. Have seen 20lbs on both of these at or around 9k. IMO these "RACE" chargers should only be used in lower rpm applications due to the extreme stress put on the OEM shaft and flywheel. Regardless of what anyone tells you they will not hold up in chop or high rpm conditions.

Comparatively the 68-140 and the 2Rude can take much more abuse and when spun over 9k they will make 20lbs+ boost each. This is the way we choose to make power with more dependabilty in respect of testing everything out there during countless hrs of R&D..

Being a dick to one of our long time moderators is simply just stupid. Sno was just asking questions and surely would have helped you no matter the SC. Don't start a questionnaire thread if you don't want answers and opinions.

My .02

+1
    What exactly are they talking about chop damaging Scers ? From the rpms going up suddenly ? Will a blow off valve help this problem ?

Another hearsay fairy tail. Simply not going to happen in the real world, World Finals or Hydrodrags, AKA reality.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by kensmith View Post
    What exactly are they talking about chop damaging Scers ? From the rpms going up suddenly ? Will a blow off valve help this problem ?
    The 70-145 is a lot bigger charger than stock, not just boost, but size wise and it will stress the SC shaft, bearings etc. Riding in rough water, coming unhooked alot adds more stress to the shaft = broken shaft and or SC slip not holding long and or SC touchdown.

10. +1 by:

WFO

+1
    Old thread, not sure why anyone would bother with those old chargers when you can grab a way more reliable 300 charger + 142 wheel. Yes you have to mod the pto but worth every penny.

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread Information