Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by 2fast4u View Post
    Here is a link to Seadoo,s money trouble ! http://watercraftperformance.com/201...-billion-loan/ Here is another link Seadoo's to be MADE in MEXICO ! http://watercraftperformance.com/201...retaro-mexico/
    I am no finance expert but if Bain capital is the primary owner of BRP it is pretty typical business practice for them. They buy a company and clean house, finance to the absolute max and then BAIN capital line there pockets. If my memory serves the next step, after getting the billion dollar loan and showing a lean business with low operating costs and healthy profit margin is to put it up for sale. Bain is richer and the new buyer is left to run the show.
    Not sure what the shakeout of this will be for BRP buyers and owners but I don't have any doubt Bain capita land its investors are going to come out richer.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bain_Capital

MSX 150 guy lives on Mr. GP1800's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Boost-A-Holic View Post
    "In todays news the Sinaloa cartel have taken over SeaDoo's production plant in Mexico, It appears the entire cartel is now armed and on RXP's......."

when it happens just remember this post

On the plus side Labor is gonna be 1/3 the cost it was in Canada so maybe the boats will be too!!!!

No......the extra money will just go in BRP's pockets.

3. +1 by:

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by dhoad View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 2fast4u View Post
    Here is a link to Seadoo,s money trouble ! http://watercraftperformance.com/201...-billion-loan/ Here is another link Seadoo's to be MADE in MEXICO ! http://watercraftperformance.com/201...retaro-mexico/
    I am no finance expert but if Bain capital is the primary owner of BRP it is pretty typical business practice for them. They buy a company and clean house, finance to the absolute max and then BAIN capital line there pockets. If my memory serves the next step, after getting the billion dollar loan and showing a lean business with low operating costs and healthy profit margin is to put it up for sale. Bain is richer and the new buyer is left to run the show.
    Not sure what the shakeout of this will be for BRP buyers and owners but I don't have any doubt Bain capita land its investors are going to come out richer.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bain_Capital
    I guess time will tell what the final results will be. With seadoo stopping there boat production thats not a good sign. I hope they don't go the way of Polaris and Honda in the PWC market and stop production all together!

+1

Seadoo in trouble !

It would be really boring if the only option we had was between Yamaha and Kawi. I don't foresee Seadoo shutting the doors though but you never know. The 4tec is like the Chevy 350 of the Pwc world.

6. +1 by:

+1

Seadoo in trouble !

Quote Originally Posted by ecpChris View Post
    It would be really boring if the only option we had was between Yamaha and Kawi. I don't foresee Seadoo shutting the doors though but you never know. The 4tec is like the Chevy 350 of the Pwc world.
    Shit wait, look where GM is at. Ok bad reference

MSX 150 guy lives on Mr. GP1800's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by ecpChris View Post
    I highly doubt they would be investing in a new factory if they were planning on shutting down watercraft production.

i hate my bipolar disorder its great
    +1
    have a look how much money and effort they have put in to their latest range of 2stroke outboards its crazy!
    they are starting to get pretty popular down here even competing against mercury in ski racing

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by TheEngineer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyRXP View Post
    I guess my point is...... what does that picture have anything to do with moving a manufacturing facility to Mexico
    lol, yeah I saw that a couple weeks ago. I know Sea-Doo used the photo, but I never gave these guys permission. I'm with you though; I have no idea what the hell that picture has to do with the article. I saw another one of my photos was swiped and posted here:

http://pwctrailfinder.com/FloridaPWCTrailRides.html
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyRXP View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TheEngineer View Post
    I saw another one of my photos was swiped and posted here:

http://pwctrailfinder.com/FloridaPWCTrailRides.html
    I'm not exactly sure who's site that is, however I have a good idea. It appears that their stealing everyone's ride info-pics-gps maps without permission... only to pad their own pockets. In that same link about 1/3 of the way down on the "Tampa Bay Tour - North" ride...... that picture was one of our rides. That's Sal, Jim, Leo, and myself. I'm assuming that picture was swiped, and used from here.... and the gps route as well. Is this the picture your talking about? Looks like those Jetski Junk guys uploaded those ride details to this site.... no surprises there
    Guys, it's easy to draw a conclusion based on a hunch, guess, or opinion. But I'll address the above with only facts.

1. I own the site - No need to have a "good idea" when you can get the facts. If anybody would have really been interested enough to know, the "About Us" page would have removed any doubt as to who owns what: http://pwctrailfinder.com/AboutUsPWCTrailfinder.html

2. I have never "swiped" anything: photo, video, report, quotes, comments... I'd like to think I've gotten to that part of my life where working for something or asking for help/favor will get me what I need. All of the content on my site (other than my own) has either been sent to me via email or downloaded via permission by the individual who made the upload. I have seen my own pix show up in other places - perhaps someone I shared it with used the pix somewhere else. Perhaps, Kevin, this explains why you'd think I "swiped" it. I cannot account for someone saying "sure, you can use this pic..." and it's in that same person's online post. How would anyone know where the content originated? However, if ANYONE sees a pic they would like removed - I'm an email away. All you have to do is say the word and it's gone.

3. Specifically regarding GPS routes: I've only gotten routes, so far, via three ways - I ran and recorded the route myself, it was shared via an email by the individual who ran/recorded it, or I was given specific permission to download it from a site from the individual who posted it there. I can tell you that I have downloaded several tracks from two different club sites. Again, I was told to "go get what I felt could be used". I don't think I'm in a position to tell people who join group rides "You may not want to share that info..." I'm assuming we're all adults - I would think the same can figure out what should and shouldn't be made public...

4. Money: I'll gladly redistribute all the money I've "padded my pockets" with, as soon as it comes in. Since going live, 04.01.12, I've generated ZERO DOLLAR$. I invite anybody to go visit my site and please tell me where my online store is, or where you exactly get asked for membership fees to download the information. I've been asked several times (Google) about "monetizing" my site. I've rejected all requests. Had I, you would see pop-up ads like you see here on GH and other sites. Not that I have a problem w/that, if my site was a major source of income, I'd certainly be looking for revenue. But it's not. You can see some free links to sites I enjoy or I find relative to PWCing on the "Links" page, and you may see what looks like an ad on some of the state pages - they're not. They are free links back to PWC clubs for that specific area. I challenge anyone to find anyone else who has sent me even ONE CENT for an ad or any of the information displayed on my site.

Guys, maybe none of you ever experienced being a newby; I guess we haven't all been granted that distinction - but I did. Didn't know anybody, didn't know clubs existed, didn't know how to meet people in the know. Then I found GH... and made some friends - good friends. It's been a great ride. My site is a way of "giving back" - I don't know a damn thing about wrenching, but I do enjoy rec. riding. Maybe some newby comes along and needs help w/rec. riding - wanting to expand his knowledge of other waterways, or meet people in his area/join a club. This is my way of giving back and I do it for NOTHING. And, we are discussing PWCing, which happens to take place in probably somewhere around 97.5% of public domain. Sure, I've seen posted signs for certain canals that hunting clubs own in the marsh, but none of my trails are routed through private waters that I'm aware of. But I could be wrong and would certainly want to know.

If anybody has an issue with any of the content found on my site that regards a personal picture, quote, comment, video or GPS trail through a privately owned waterway, please let me know - I'll gladly remove it.

Sincerely,

Bill "83Gator" Crews, Jr.
    Owner/Admin - PWC Trail Finder

PS: I'm looking for website ideas - seems I should be stealing content and lining my pocket while selling the freebies. Obviously, sharing the shared-content and expecting nothing in return is the wrong way of doing it...

11. +1 by:

+1
    The Bombardier Family still owns the majority of BRP...The article isnt wholy truthful..Bain is a player in it, but they dont OWN BRP...

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiny View Post
    The Bombardier Family still owns the majority of BRP...The article isnt wholy truthful..Bain is a player in it, but they dont OWN BRP...
    thought bain owns 51%, making them majority owners...not sure.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information